The Koch Brothers like Fiorina and So Do Millenials
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:08:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Koch Brothers like Fiorina and So Do Millenials
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Koch Brothers like Fiorina and So Do Millenials  (Read 2156 times)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 25, 2015, 09:46:16 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/koch-backed-group-hosts-carly-fiorina-nevada-event-n468946

There is no conspiracy about the Koch Brothers. They are simply GOP bigwigs. With their angel Governor Walker gone, they've searched for something new. Have they found it in Ms. Fiorina? She meets their check list: Business experiences, Republican, and establishment friendly. Are they courting her and will it make a difference?

http://www.redstate.com/diary/kentucky_dana/2015/11/24/good-news-carly-fiorina/

After the last debate, Millennials were the most impressed with Ms. Fiorina, followed closely by Rand Paul and Ben Carson. Will her favorability among millennials help her? Is she still in it?

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 09:47:33 PM »

I'd love to see GOP nominee Fiorina. Clinton will blow her out of the water.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 10:00:52 PM »

All I can say to that headline is "BARF"
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 10:17:15 PM »

How many Millennials vote in Republican primaries? They're probably a pretty small percentage.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 10:21:18 PM »

I'd love to see GOP nominee Fiorina. Clinton will blow her out of the water.

Fiorina is the least electable GOPer, and I would be so happy if she won the nomination.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 10:36:28 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/koch-backed-group-hosts-carly-fiorina-nevada-event-n468946

There is no conspiracy about the Koch Brothers. They are simply GOP bigwigs. With their angel Governor Walker gone, they've searched for something new. Have they found it in Ms. Fiorina? She meets their check list: Business experiences, Republican, and establishment friendly. Are they courting her and will it make a difference?

The Koch Brothers aren't that interested in establishment-friendly and Scott Walker had little business experience so 2 out of 3 things on your checklist seem wrong. The 3rd one is "Republican". Not sure that narrows down their choices in a Republican primary. Also, there probably is a conspiracy about the Koch Brothers and I'd also bet millennials probably can't stand Carly Fiorina. Good post.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 10:45:24 PM »

Ugh, you tools still believe that the Koch brothers backed Walker? That is a bigger urban legend than the Muslims in Union City celebrating 9/11. I worked for the Koch brothers political arm, and there wasn't any mention, official, or unofficial back office talk, about Walker.

And seriously, to hell with us "millennials". Do the rest of us between 18-30 really think that we swing elections?
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 10:45:29 PM »

The Koch Brothers aren't that interested in establishment-friendly and Scott Walker had little business experience so 2 out of 3 things on your checklist seem wrong. The 3rd one is "Republican". Not sure that narrows down their choices in a Republican primary. Also, there probably is a conspiracy about the Koch Brothers and I'd also bet millennials probably can't stand Carly Fiorina. Good post.
Rubio is the Koch's candidate.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 11:07:04 PM »

More proof, if any were needed, that the Kochs' success is not a result of their perspicacity.

Mrs. Fiorina is a great example of the executive class though, so I can see why other members of that group and its admirers would find her compelling.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 11:34:02 PM »

Ugh, you tools still believe that the Koch brothers backed Walker? That is a bigger urban legend than the Muslims in Union City celebrating 9/11. I worked for the Koch brothers political arm, and there wasn't any mention, official, or unofficial back office talk, about Walker.

And seriously, to hell with us "millennials". Do the rest of us between 18-30 really think that we swing elections?
I think that Walker was their favorite. like it matters. I'm a proud and staunch conservative. I could care less what people do with their money. (Off Topic but any restriction on campaign donations violates free speech imo) I do think they liked him and feel money is less important than their influence among the party. They won't donate until someone wins the nomination anyway.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 11:36:42 PM »

Its an opinion oriented post. i understand many think there's a conspiracy among the Bros but i don't think so they just spend their money how they want. Also, the Koch brothers want someone who the establishment can get behind. Basically, they'll also always support a Republican. IT wasn't meant to narrow it down just point out thats their main goal. Honestly questioning why i posted this since i could care less about the Koch Brothers and their contributions.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 01:46:00 AM »

I mean 18-30 year olds will decide the next president for at least two more election cycles. It really aggravates me how the Koch Brothers do not actively do enough to fund libertarian republicans.
Because, a) they don't actually fund candidates (they do, however, have a massive political arm called AFP that does a lot of issue advocacy and basically defacto gets people out to the polls), and b) libertarian candidates can't/won't win until the current base dies off.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 02:02:16 AM »

LOL. Koch brothers, quit being delusiomal, the below is NOT realistic for Fiorina vs. Clinton:

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 02:06:01 AM »

As a millennial, I think I speak for my entire generation when I say, we've seen enough of THAT FACE. No one wants Snarly Carly screeching at them on TV for 4 years.
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 01:54:20 PM »

I mean 18-30 year olds will decide the next president for at least two more election cycles. It really aggravates me how the Koch Brothers do not actively do enough to fund libertarian republicans.
Yes and 18-30 year olds were the ones that helped Obama win by increasingly voting democrat and turning out at a higher rate than 04 and 2000. I wish the Kovhs were aiding Liberty oriented republicans too more but it helps what they're doing with things like libre.
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 01:55:04 PM »

As a millennial, I cannot stand Carly firing and her reckless foreign policy.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 03:12:38 PM »

Yes and 18-30 year olds were the ones that helped Obama win by increasingly voting democrat and turning out at a higher rate than 04 and 2000. I wish the Kovhs were aiding Liberty oriented republicans too more but it helps what they're doing with things like libre.
Actual there are polls that show millennial are becoming more republican as a result of President Obama's administration.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 05:57:41 PM »

It's worth pointing out that the 18-29 demographic from 2004 and the 18-29 demographic in 2016 do not overlap at all. Millennials may be a more Democratic generation than the Gen Xers that preceded us, but 2016 will see tail-end Millennials and even the first post-Millennials voting and we have Millennials moving into the 30-44 demographic range. Assuming that "the youth" is a Democratic cohort just because the generation born in the 80s and early 90s was Democratic is very dangerous.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 07:05:31 PM »

Fiorina makes my skin crawl. Her Thatcher act is odious.
morrisconley
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 04:47:11 AM »

Koch brothers decided to sponsor Ms. Fiorina? They are kidding us. Yeah, among her donors in 2009-2010 there were Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs and ... Koch Industries. But Fiorina is a 'small-sized fish'. Her biography of CEO (especially Hewlett Packard) is a story of pain and failure. She was labeled as the «worst tech CEO of all time» by CBS News.   
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »

As a millennial, I cannot stand Carly firing and her reckless foreign policy.

As an old fart, I agree.  Fiorina possesses the arrogance of ignorance in foreign policy.  She's Joan Crawford with an MBA.  Carly Dearest.  I hope the moniker sticks.
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2015, 07:07:44 PM »

Actual there are polls that show millennial are becoming more republican as a result of President Obama's administration.
Partially correct with the new millenials coming in who are more conservative (voting wise) than the millenials who grew up under bush.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »

Any group can "swing elections" as long as they vote and the election is close enough. That term is meaningless.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2015, 05:41:06 PM »

The youth are staunchly against the GOP on the issues of Climate Change, Gay Marriage, Criminal Justice reform, and Marijuana Legalization.

If the GOP somehow negates those four issues they stand a good chance of improving their youth vote.   

The youth vote actually does support the GOP in the areas of Entitlement Reform and "Right to Work" laws.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies