Will Carson get a higher share of the Iowa caucus vote than Keyes did in 2000?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:35:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Carson get a higher share of the Iowa caucus vote than Keyes did in 2000?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Carson get a higher share of the Iowa caucus vote than Keyes did in 2000?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Will Carson get a higher share of the Iowa caucus vote than Keyes did in 2000?  (Read 220 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 26, 2015, 12:12:03 AM »

Keyes got 14.25% of the Iowa caucus vote in 2000 (coming in 3rd, behind Bush and Forbes), which I'm assuming is the standing record for a black in the Republicans caucuses in Iowa.

And btw, Keyes's best state that year was Utah, where he got 21%.  Even if Carson can't beat 14% in Iowa, maybe he can get 21% in another state, and break the record for a black in a Republican presidential primary?
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 12:19:26 AM »

I definitely think Carson will come in first or second in the Iowa caucus because his organization can get turnout high and mobilize volunteers. I think it will be Cruz/Carson at top and trump lower since his voters are less likely to turn out. Moving aside, Ben Carson is far more likable and respected than Keyes. He's already ahead of where Keyes  was I think and I doubt he'll drop much more. Trump's latest surge will end after the next debate. Until then, we can't really tell where Carson stands. But I am almost certain he will out perform Keyes
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 01:15:41 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2015, 12:53:06 AM by I support Sanders »

No. Cruz will cause a split among Carson's evangelical base. The Iowa results will be:
1.) Trump
2.) Cruz
3.) Carson
4.) Bush
5.) Kasich
6.) Rubio
7.) Paul
8.) Fiorina
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length