Mainstream Muslims Finally Take on Extremists
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:03:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Mainstream Muslims Finally Take on Extremists
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Mainstream Muslims Finally Take on Extremists  (Read 7338 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2015, 11:13:55 AM »

Well, sometimes you should perpetuate a conflict is you have a legitimate of difference of opinion.  If you sweep differences under the rug, you tend to just let your differences fester.  I think people should feel pressure to accept secularism and human rights.  And, I think most American Muslims do accept those things and they're a part of the solution globally.  If Muslims around the world were like American Muslims in terms of their beliefs, there really wouldn't be much problem. 

Oh come on, that's just  ridiculous. These aren't roommates upset over which way the toilet paper goes. You really think that showing up, actively antagonizing local Muslims and propping up secular forces is going to lead to less people hating America?! I've got some beachfront property in Des Moines to sell you dude.

What do you mean?  I never said this was about American foreign policy.  I said it's about opposing the values of Muslim extremists.  That will antagonize extremists, but not the majority.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2015, 12:20:30 AM »

Both Muslims and non-Muslims would do well to read this column, particularly these three paragraphs:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/12/muslim-children-isis-america-and-europe-213420
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies