Happy Thanksgiving, 2015! :)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:46:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Happy Thanksgiving, 2015! :)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving, 2015! :)  (Read 377 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 26, 2015, 01:07:16 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving Atlas! Smiley Post your wishes, thoughts, observations, etc. here

Spending a less than traditional Thanksgiving visiting my folks in Florida. Just came back with the family from the pool. Tongue in about 2 hours we'll sit down to an equally traditional meal picked up this morning pre-cooked by a local market.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 01:09:29 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving to every poster and their family and hope you all eat good food. Now I'm heading into my dining room to have some food in a few minutes.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 01:10:54 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm staying at some friends.

Currently in a lul spot, then I'm on to prepare the mashed potatoes since the other guest here got pie duty.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 01:24:13 PM »

Deepest blessings to all, and thanks as well to Knight of Appalachia, Classic Conservative, and Badger.
May all who post here at Usatlas, find true inner peace.
I wish for a better year for all here and around the world.

Aloha
Shalom

Teach Peace!
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 01:32:49 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2015, 03:11:23 PM by bagelman »

We're having steak sandwiches today. Mom's had a long week at work so we're not doing the traditional turkey dinner this year. We will have mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and some sweet potato bread cooked by a neighbor.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 07:02:27 PM »

We're having steak sandwiches today. Mom's had a long week at work so we're not doing the traditional turkey dinner this year. We will have mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and some sweet potato bread cooked by a neighbor.
Kinda awful.  Although I do love steak sandwiches.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 11:38:34 PM »

So it was my first ever turkey that I did completely on my own.  It turned out pretty good.  Not dried out and it was flavorful.  The gravy actually turned out really well.

Anyway... happy Thanksgiving!

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »

That's the main thing.  So many industrial-scale cooked turkeys are too dry.  (Institutional carrot cake can be like that as well.) 

We made our first turkey when I was about 37.  I kept resisting it but my wife really wanted to try to cook a turkey, like a real gringo wife, so I said if we're gonna do it, we have to do it right.  We finely diced two bulbs of garlic, and put that in a bowl along with about half a cup of soy sauce and about a quarter cup of oil.  Mixed it in a bag and threw the turkey in that bag and let that sit overnight.  Then, the next morning we found a syringe and shot the turkey up with our mixture on about a 1cmx1cm grid all over the breasts, wings, thighs, and legs.  Then we cooked it at about 400°F for about an hour then at 350°F for another two hours, basting it in the pan drippings about once every 20 or 25 minutes.  Juicy enough to drink, and salty as the sea.  mmmmmmm. 

Been doing one every Thanksgiving since.  Yesterday we had freshly-baked turkey for lunch and warmed up turkey for dinner.  Today I had turkey tacos for breakfast, turkey and noodles for lunch, and tonight we're about to have spicy stir-fried turkey with garlic, two kinds of mushrooms, and onions for dinner.  Bokchoy and a third kind of mushroom on the side.  Juicy or not, it's still turkey.  I can handle it about once a year--all meals, two days straight--then I'm glad it won't be thanksgiving again for another year.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies