Alan Grayson to Sue if Ted Cruz is the Nominee (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:42:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Alan Grayson to Sue if Ted Cruz is the Nominee (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alan Grayson to Sue if Ted Cruz is the Nominee  (Read 4019 times)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 26, 2015, 03:30:35 PM »

HA As a Floridian I'm ashamed that people from our state elected this man! Long known for outrageous comments, some not even politically related but about his ex-wife, Rep. Grayson has sunk to a new level. He threatens to sue if Ted Cruz is the nominee on citizenship grounds. Regardless of his birth place, his parents were citizens, making him automatically a citizen at birth and therefore, a natural born citizen. This is a clear example that the rep is either catering to his base or is confused about the legal basis of natural born citizenship. Which is it? Or is it both?

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/25/alan-grayson-threatens-lawsuit-on-citizenship-grounds-if-ted-cruz-is-the-gop-nominee/
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 03:35:01 PM »

FYI I apologize for saying I was ashamed that he was elected he deserves our respect as a congressman. I understand everyone has their opinions and they are valid... It's still a very strange statement in a very strange senate primary in a very fickle state.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 03:36:13 PM »

He'll lose.

I am amused that the left-wing birthers have already emerged, though.
Left wing birthers have existed since 2008, when the campaign of Hillary Clinton release statements criticizing Pres. Obama's birth status and began the birthed movement. The left started it originally, the right just joined the questioning.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 05:14:59 PM »

Obviously, this was an off-the-cuff joke trolling the GOP for its Obama birtherism.

Also, don't feel guilty. There is nothing wrong with a Floridian feeling ashamed of Florida but why not start with the governor?
I like Governor Scott well enough.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 01:06:56 AM »

I don't see what the controversy is. Obama's birth certificate proves that he was born in the United States. Cruz's birth certificate proves that he was born in Canada, which is a foreign country.
And federal law says Cruz was still born a U.S. Citizen as long as long as both parents were citizens when he was born.
Correct. In Cruz's case, however, his father was not a U.S. citizen; he was a Cuban citizen.

Ok, fine. I wasn't sure what his father's citizenship status was at the time, but as long as his mom was a U.S. citizen and met age and residency requirements when Cruz was born, then Cruz was still born a U.S. citizen.

Federal law cannot define the meaning of the "natural born citizen" clause in the Constitution. Only the Supreme Court can do that.

What do you think "natural born citizen" means?

A person born in the USA. This excludes McCain and Cruz.

US military bases ARE US soil. John McCain has no qualms about his citizenship. Just his moderacy and liberalism....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies