Bernie for Governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:30:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bernie for Governor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think he's going to run for Governor (2016 or later)? / Would you recommend it to him?
Yes. / Yes.
Yes. / No.
No. / Yes.
No. / No.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Bernie for Governor?  (Read 2788 times)
Eomer
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2015, 10:28:48 AM »

In Vermont's Pavilion, a place will be becoming available.
Why isn't Bernie Sanders going to take that seat? He has held so many offices in Vermont: He was the mayor of its largest "city", he was its representative, he had been a senator for almost 9 years; the Governor's Mansion is still missing in his award collection. As he won't become the Democratic presidential nominee anyway, this office would be a good alternative for him.

If he chooses to run for Governor, will he renounce his recently acquired party membership?
Would Hillary endorse him in that case (instead of the Democratic nominee)?

Has he even been forging out such plans? Would he certainly win?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 12:01:53 PM »

no, why would our new overlord resign as empero---president to become a puny governor? Wink
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 12:08:15 PM »

no, why would our new overlord glorious leader resign as president to become a puny governor? Wink

Truth.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 01:38:37 AM »

Sanders will go fully back to being an independent the moment he drops out of the presidential race. The only reason he's running as a democrat is because it gives him a slight chance of victory, which is better than the absolute zero chance of victory he would have as the Ralph Nader of 2016. He has no problem getting elected to the Senate as an independent, and that's what he prefers to run as.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 03:25:51 AM »

The Senate allows Bernie much more influence on the national stage than he would have as Governor of a very small state. That said, Bernie still has a chance at the Democratic nomination. There are still 4 debates of the primary season, and Iowa and New Hampshire haven't voted yet. If Bernie wins NH, he will have momentum going into IA. If he wins both, his chances at winning the nomination increase.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 03:29:30 AM »

The Senate allows Bernie much more influence on the national stage than he would have as Governor of a very small state. That said, Bernie still has a chance at the Democratic nomination. There are still 4 debates of the primary season, and Iowa and New Hampshire haven't voted yet. If Bernie wins NH, he will have momentum going into IA. If he wins both, his chances at winning the nomination increase.

As well as chances of giving presidency to far-right republican on silver plate...
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 04:32:46 AM »

Iowa votes first and he's well behind there. He'd need to win both to even have a chance because he's gonna get curbstomped in South Carolina and Nevada.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 04:44:03 AM »

VT Governor < Senator < President, so no
Eomer
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 09:03:31 AM »

Bernie still has a chance at the Democratic nomination.

LOL

If Bernie wins NH, he will have momentum going into IA.

You mean he can travel back in time just because he looks like Doc Brown?
Eomer
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 10:16:08 AM »

Of course, but don't forget: Bernie is very old and feeble. Quite frankly, I'm convinced that his state of health doesn't allow him anymore to become president.
But also traveling between Burlington and D.C. (as a U.S. senator) can be extremely strainful for a man of his age.
If he lived in Burlington Montpelier (as a governor), he could easily preserve his health.

And, as I already said, the Governor's Pavilion is still missing his award collection.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 12:09:16 PM »

I'm positive he won't. Whether he should depends on who the governor is at that point. I would like to see him run against incumbent Governor Phil Scott, but I don't think he will.
Eomer
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 12:37:27 PM »

I'm positive he won't. Whether he should depends on who the governor is at that point. I would like to see him run against incumbent Governor Phil Scott, but I don't think he will.

You mean Lieutenant Governor Phil Scott, don't you?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 03:24:48 PM »

You mean Lieutenant Governor Phil Scott, don't you?

He's running for Governor in 2016. If he wins (which is very possible) then he'll be the incumbent Governor in 2018. Vermont has its gubernatorial elections every two years.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 03:34:33 AM »

As well as chances of giving presidency to far-right republican on silver plate...
Some polls show Sanders beating Trump, Carson, and Bush.

Iowa votes first and he's well behind there. He'd need to win both to even have a chance because he's gonna get curbstomped in South Carolina and Nevada.
The Iowa primary is in February this season.
Eomer
Rookie
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 04:06:24 AM »

Sorry for my harsh words, but either you are trolling, or you are plainly too incompetent for this site.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 11:46:44 AM »

Some polls show Sanders beating Trump, Carson, and Bush.

In 2016 the Iowa caucus is on February 1st, the New Hampshire Primary is on February 9th.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 12:36:47 AM »

Most of Bernie's pet issues are national issues, so no/no.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 12:51:10 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2015, 03:38:34 PM by I support Sanders »

Sorry for my harsh words, but either you are trolling, or you are plainly too incompetent for this site.
I didn't see that IA and NH were February 1st and February 9th.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies