SE1- Banning Nuclear Energy production Act (defeated)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:21:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SE1- Banning Nuclear Energy production Act (defeated)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SE1- Banning Nuclear Energy production Act (defeated)  (Read 416 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2015, 02:43:19 PM »
« edited: December 06, 2015, 02:36:32 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

This was proposed by Assemblyman Steelers, I speaker Haslam2020 call this to a vote!

1. Banning nuclear energy production in all territory of the Southeastern region.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 03:52:55 PM »

I will oppose this. Sure, nuclear energy has its flaws, but we won't be able to cover our energy needs with other sources in next few decades.

Nay.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 06:31:34 PM »

I urge a no vote while Nuclear isn't my favorite this will kill jobs which we don't want to do in our stagnant economy.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 07:04:41 PM »

No time for debate?
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 07:20:56 PM »

Mr. Pingvin and other Gentleman's,
even that we want we can't shut down all nuclear power plants immediately. We need years for that, but we need to start.
Also, with this Act we won't left our Region without energy for our day life needs, our industries etc.  Now i will give you just a couple examples how we can replace nuclear energy without losing energy and jobs.

My new home South Carolina system of rivers and lakes provides considerable hydroelectric power potential.Forest occupies two-thirds of South Carolina's land area and is widely distributed in both the Low Country and the Up Country. The wood waste from the state's forests and the associated mills yields significant amounts of biomass, while landfill gas and municipal solid waste from more densely populated areas provide South Carolina with additional biomass resources. South Carolina also has biomass resources in the form of agricultural residues from corn, wheat, cotton, and soybean crops.
Next, there is no need to waste your time and talk about my old home Tennessee, which hydroelectric dams make this state biggest energy suppliers of Southeast. Also, Tennessee has a potential to become a leader in advanced biofuel production.
Every state in our Region has a potential to produce clean energy to meet the needs.

That is energy Mr. Pingvin and those are jobs Mr. Classic Conservative.

Gentleman's thank you for your time.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 07:44:43 PM »

I am voting nay on this one. I'm sorry but I will not let thousands of people lose their jobs for something that doesn't even suit our best interest, if we were to do this... My question is how much would this cost? I support clean energy as long as it doesn't put us millions in the hole. I would support wind turbines as a substitute but no way in hell make thousands lose their jobs. Every life, job matters. I'm not going to cut any job even if it does bring more jobs. Everyone who wants a job should have one. I'm voting nay.
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 07:55:39 PM »

Mr. Speaker,
i think that i already answered on your concerns. If you want to read and understand, of course. Your and other Gentleman's concerns about losing jobs is absolutely unfounded. New hydroelectric dams, biomass plants, solar plants will make new jobs and can't be expensive then nuclear energy.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 08:57:28 PM »

Even if the jobs issue is unfounded (I don't think it is, but let's pretend it is for argument's sake) I'm not sure the reasoning for this. Yes, there is a risk when dealing with nuclear power, but it's actually more environmentally friendly than many other energy sources, and other energy sources cause more damage as far as lives lost than nuclear energy.

Is it perfect? No. But I don't think we can afford to get rid of it.

I can tell where the vote is going, but I just wanted to offer my two cents, as the saying goes.
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 09:06:46 PM »

Mr. Governor
i would be very grateful if you will tell me which our those energy sources cause more damage then nuclear?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 09:15:41 PM »

No one is saying that nuclear isn't bad, but we have to think realistically here by banning nuclear will kill over tens of thousands of jobs. According  to a recent report their are over 60,000 nuclear energy jobs in Atlasia do you want thousands more out of work. This kills business and industry and it drives down the local economy which we don't want when we have a 9% unemployment rate in the South. Sure hydroelectric, solar and other cleaner forms of energy will create jobs but why can't you have both and grow your economy.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 09:21:03 PM »

Yes but the cost of this Assemblyman Steelers. We would likely not have the money needed but clean energy is a noble idea, but not like this. I call on every assemblyman to post their final votes.  I vote nay. And good way of putting it Classic Conservative!
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 09:22:09 PM »

Aye!
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 12:34:10 AM »

Nay.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 10:00:59 AM »

Aren't there rules against this?
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 04:08:09 PM »

Then it is final, the final vote count is 2-1 against the Banning Nuclear Energy Production Act.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 04:14:52 PM »

I remember the fight against nuclear energy in the IDS (Southern) Legislature in 2013, when the awfuls were trying to shove through a bunch of new plants. That was one of the issues where our majority coalition at the time failed, if I recall correctly. It was the only legislative vote we forced to a public referendum, which had very high turnout. I recall that specific energy figures and cost estimates were available in my GM office.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies