Shooting at Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:59:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Shooting at Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Shooting at Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood  (Read 10251 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2015, 02:00:14 AM »

Guys, this is politics. Fight or get out.  Nothing noble about "not politicizing" something.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2015, 02:58:32 AM »

Salivating over a spree killing because it provides you with an opportunity to call your political adversaries hypocritical is disgusting. Everyone in this thread needs to get a hold of themselves.
So do the Republicans who have been salivating over Paris.

Tu quoque.

Stop being such a low energy loser.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2015, 03:05:56 AM »

What I learned from this thread:  People who believe abortion is an atrocity should pretend it isn't because someone might get the wrong idea and start shooting people.   I guess we shouldn't criticize human rights abuses by Western governments either because it might turn people into jihadis.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2015, 11:31:05 AM »

What I learned from this thread:  People who believe abortion is an atrocity should pretend it isn't because someone might get the wrong idea and start shooting people.   I guess we shouldn't criticize human rights abuses by Western governments either because it might turn people into jihadis.

Something else you could have learned from this thread: Don't demonize an entire group for the actions of an individual or small group of individuals. Even if the bigger group might have offensive beliefs that could have incited the individuals in question.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2015, 12:56:06 PM »

Something else you could have learned from this thread: Don't demonize an entire group for the actions of an individual or small group of individuals. Even if the bigger group might have offensive beliefs that could have incited the individuals in question.

I would have supposed you would have found other, more obvious, recent reasons to come to that conclusion.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2015, 08:43:51 PM »

What I learned from this thread:  People who believe abortion is an atrocity should pretend it isn't because someone might get the wrong idea and start shooting people.   I guess we shouldn't criticize human rights abuses by Western governments either because it might turn people into jihadis.

Just stop calling yourself pro-life and start calling yourself anti-abortion. That's all you really care about.

If you are willing to deny healthcare to poor people, you aren't pro-life. If you are willing to send Central American and Syrian people to certain death because their mere presence in the country offends you, you aren't pro-life.

And if you say, "But I don't support any of that," I ask, have you ever voted for a Republican? Because if you have, then you most certainly do.

I'm fairly certain that doesn't apply to shua, and I know it certainly doesn't apply to me. Of course I have voted for both parties, but I'm not sure how you can say that because if you are voting Democrat, you are also voting for death in some respects and a much more imminent one for many unlike in the case of healthcare. I vote mostly Democrat, but sometimes abortion remains an important outstanding issue. We're faced with two evils and must confront in somehow.

What can I do but get a bumper sticker that lists my demands thanks to hyper-partisanship. John Bel Edwards for President?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2015, 10:51:05 PM »

I would have supposed you would have found other, more obvious, recent reasons to come to that conclusion.

Hmm?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2015, 07:07:39 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2015, 07:11:24 AM by DC Al Fine »

Just stop calling yourself pro-life and start calling yourself anti-abortion. That's all you really care about.

If you are willing to deny healthcare to poor people, you aren't pro-life. If you are willing to send Central American and Syrian people to certain death because their mere presence in the country offends you, you aren't pro-life.

And if you say, "But I don't support any of that," I ask, have you ever voted for a Republican? Because if you have, then you most certainly do.

Roll Eyes

False dichotomy is ridiculously false.

You seem to think we live in Israel or the Netherlands and can choose one of twenty parties that both represents our worldview and influences policy.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2015, 02:05:58 PM »

And if I vote for any Democrat I completely support abortion on demand with taxpayer dollars by this standard.  So I shouldn't vote at all, is that what you are trying to tell me?    (And as if Democrats actually show any interest in giving poor people adequate health care as opposed to just signing people on to a substandard government insurance program.  Sure, better than the nothing that most Republicans support, but c'mon.)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2015, 04:47:06 PM »

And if I vote for any Democrat I completely support abortion on demand with taxpayer dollars by this standard.  So I shouldn't vote at all, is that what you are trying to tell me?    (And as if Democrats actually show any interest in giving poor people adequate health care as opposed to just signing people on to a substandard government insurance program.  Sure, better than the nothing that most Republicans support, but c'mon.)

Except Obamacare is not a government insurance program. Not that the government would be any better, but I like to dispel ignorance.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2015, 05:07:19 PM »

Except Obamacare is not a government insurance program. Not that the government would be any better, but I like to dispel ignorance.

I'm speaking about Medicaid.  The ACA was not written to help the poor receive private insurance, only the middle class.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2015, 05:13:03 PM »

So yeah, this may be the worst thread I've ever seen on atlas.  Way to go guys.
Give it a few weeks.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2015, 05:18:18 PM »

I'm speaking about Medicaid.  The ACA was not written to help the poor receive private insurance, only the middle class.

Medicaid being substandard really depends on who is administering it. It may be poorly run in certain states, and all states do it differently, so you cannot make a blanket statement. In California, the system is pretty convoluted, but usually people are covered by medicaid plans administered by the county. Here in Ventura County, the plan is run competently and people seem to be happy with it. As a HCP, I can say the same. Dealing with those who have not been transitioned on to the county plan, or due to some other circumstance are on a plan run by the state government is much different. That is a substandard plan where one must deal with layers upon layers of bureaucracy to get anything done. I cannot comment on other county adminstered plans but the one run by Santa Barbara County seems to provide good service, but with horrible formulary management and more waste.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2015, 12:01:48 AM »

Medicaid being substandard really depends on who is administering it. It may be poorly run in certain states, and all states do it differently, so you cannot make a blanket statement. In California, the system is pretty convoluted, but usually people are covered by medicaid plans administered by the county. Here in Ventura County, the plan is run competently and people seem to be happy with it. As a HCP, I can say the same. Dealing with those who have not been transitioned on to the county plan, or due to some other circumstance are on a plan run by the state government is much different. That is a substandard plan where one must deal with layers upon layers of bureaucracy to get anything done. I cannot comment on other county adminstered plans but the one run by Santa Barbara County seems to provide good service, but with horrible formulary management and more waste.

Among other things, Medicaid reimbursement for services is on average far below market, which limits provider participation, and contributes to physician deserts in low-income areas.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2015, 12:33:01 AM »

Among other things, Medicaid reimbursement for services is on average far below market, which limits provider participation, and contributes to physician deserts in low-income areas.

Yes, that is very true.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2015, 12:36:44 AM »

Hmm?

I thought I could not have been any clearer.
Hydera

« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2015, 07:10:33 PM »

http://gazette.com/clerical-glitch-causes-speculation-about-colorado-springs-shooting-suspects-gender-identity/article/1564656

Thank god this conspiracy was hot hair all along, even though that was quite obvious.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies