Shooting at Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:36:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Shooting at Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shooting at Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood  (Read 10318 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: November 27, 2015, 08:37:52 PM »

Don't know what's more gross. The people rejoicing with glee that a conservative shot up another abortion clinic and using it as a "Lol conservatives" debate point, or the people desperately trying to claim that the shooter ISN'T a conservative.

C: We are spending our Friday night doing the above.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »

Well, first off I'm praying for the victims and their families at this time and I hope everyone else is too. It's truly saddening that someone who probably was pro-life killed I find that sort of un-pro life. But in the other hand I still believe abortion is a holocaust and I also believe doctors who perform them should be arrested or given the death penalty. But this guy doesn't represent me or the pro-life movement at all. Beacuse he is pro-death not life.

If you honestly that doctors who preform abortions should be given the death penalty, why wouldn't an attack on an abortion clinic be justified?

Rule of law, innocent until proven guilty etc.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 10:51:12 PM »

Well, first off I'm praying for the victims and their families at this time and I hope everyone else is too. It's truly saddening that someone who probably was pro-life killed I find that sort of un-pro life. But in the other hand I still believe abortion is a holocaust and I also believe doctors who perform them should be arrested or given the death penalty. But this guy doesn't represent me or the pro-life movement at all. Beacuse he is pro-death not life.

If you honestly that doctors who preform abortions should be given the death penalty, why wouldn't an attack on an abortion clinic be justified?

Rule of law, innocent until proven guilty etc.

If I was a member of the german resistance, I highly doubt such concepts would stop me. If the Holocaust was happening now in my country and I knew about it, I would like to think id feel a burning moral imperative to stop it, not a half hearted reformidt approach.

Crabcake, I think you are dramatically underestimating mankind's capacity for cowardice. Plenty of otherwise good and upright, and even anti-Nazi folks didn't do anything in the face of evil.

But to get back to your main point, there's plenty of leeway in between violent resistance and "half hearted reform approach". Too often we on Atlas forget that there is more to ethics than affecting political change. We can feed the hungry and clothe the naked regardless of what the law says.

My wife has been a great help to an unwed mother we know who considered aborting her child. She helped get things for the baby, and babysits for free so the mother can work. I think that's a far better use of her time on the abortion issue than political activism or blowing up abortion clinics.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 07:07:39 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2015, 07:11:24 AM by DC Al Fine »

What I learned from this thread:  People who believe abortion is an atrocity should pretend it isn't because someone might get the wrong idea and start shooting people.   I guess we shouldn't criticize human rights abuses by Western governments either because it might turn people into jihadis.

Just stop calling yourself pro-life and start calling yourself anti-abortion. That's all you really care about.

If you are willing to deny healthcare to poor people, you aren't pro-life. If you are willing to send Central American and Syrian people to certain death because their mere presence in the country offends you, you aren't pro-life.

And if you say, "But I don't support any of that," I ask, have you ever voted for a Republican? Because if you have, then you most certainly do.

Roll Eyes

False dichotomy is ridiculously false.

You seem to think we live in Israel or the Netherlands and can choose one of twenty parties that both represents our worldview and influences policy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies