Ben Meyers :: As Senator, I will. . .
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:04:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ben Meyers :: As Senator, I will. . .
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ben Meyers :: As Senator, I will. . .  (Read 299 times)
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2005, 08:17:45 PM »

Good evening Smiley

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Ben Meyers.  I'm running for the position of Southeast Senator.  Nice to meet you Smiley

Being a new member, I understand that many of you probably don't know who I am or what I will do as a Senator.  I'll tell you both right now Smiley

I'm Ben Meyers.  I'm a simple kid who wants to be President when I'm older.  I am a family person - and I'm very honored because yesterday, my niece and nephew (twins) were born.  And so, at 15, I'm an uncle.  My sister's much older though.

I have a community service organization that interviews the seniors about their lives.  Aside from that, I'm a normal, fun loving kid who wants to have fun, and also to make a difference.

Now that you know me, I'll tell you what I'll do as Senator.

When I'm Senator, I will. . .

1) Fight for increased economic responsibility.  The day I am sworn in as a Senator, I will propose a bill to reenact the Pay As You Go system so we won't have any more blank checks ruining the economy of our nation.

2) Fight for a flat-tax system.  A flat tax system is best for America because it pays for itself and benefits our economy.  One, it encourages people to make more money.  Right now, if someone was go make enough money to push them from the lower to middle class, they would be paying almost 10% more in taxes! Who would want to do that? So, by having a flat, universal tax rate, we encourage people to make more money, putting money into peoples' pockets, and circling back into our business and economy.

3) Try my best to save social security.  The problem in America today is that some of us try to go to the extremes.  I don't believe in complete privatization, nor complete publicization.  I believe in optional, partial privatization.  It is optional, so no one has to do it.  And also, it is only a certain amount being placed in the private market, thus assuring that there is still a sufficient amount left.

4) Strengthen our military.  This is self explanatory.  We are in a new era, with new enemies, and new evils.  We need to renew our military to fight against these new evils.

These are just some of the issues, and I would like to tell you more.  So, please, I ask you, tell me an issue which conerns you, and I'll give you a straight answer.

Thanks everyone Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies