Andrew Cuomo 2018?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:19:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Andrew Cuomo 2018?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Will he run for a third term for NY Gov like his father did?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo 2018?  (Read 8051 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 10:47:46 PM »
« edited: February 11, 2016, 10:51:01 PM by Frodo »

He will run, and he will win.

I am more interested in whether Democrats can gain control of the Senate in time for the 2020 census and redistricting cycle.  

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 03:41:13 AM »

I am more interested in whether Democrats can gain control of the Senate in time for the 2020 census and redistricting cycle.  

Yes, but the resdistricting should actually be done by a non-partisan commission instead of lawmakers. As far as I understand democracy, voters choose politicians, not politicians voters.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2016, 08:57:20 AM »

Yes, but the resdistricting should actually be done by a non-partisan commission instead of lawmakers. As far as I understand democracy, voters choose politicians, not politicians voters.

Ok.  
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 07:52:04 PM »

Gibson will have my vote in any competitive race with Cuomo. Then again, I am essentially a single-issue, anti-corruption voter in state elections. Which, in New York State, usually means that I have no acceptable options.
Aren't upstate republicans even more corrupt than Cuomo???
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 10:31:21 AM »

Gibson? Or Cuomo? I wouldn't be so confident in BOTH cases..

Cuomo. He's known to be corrupt, and there are rumors of several potential big names trying to primary him.

Cuomo will not lose the primary. 
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2016, 05:46:14 AM »

Cuomo. He's known to be corrupt, and there are rumors of several potential big names trying to primary him.

Depends on the challanger. the last one (Zepyr Teachout; hope I spelled her Name correct) was actually a weak one and she got a respectable result. If De Blasio or Schneiderman challange him, he'll be in deep trouble.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2016, 11:45:30 AM »

Depends on the challanger. the last one (Zepyr Teachout; hope I spelled her Name correct) was actually a weak one and she got a respectable result. If De Blasio or Schneiderman challange him, he'll be in deep trouble.

De Blasio isn't especially popular himself, and needs to worry about his own reelection first (in 2017). Schneiderman - may be..
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2016, 03:07:43 PM »

I'd love to have David Paterson back. But that's an illusion. Cuomo will likely prevail and get a third term. He may be damaged in a primary a little, but still win the November election handily.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2016, 12:40:58 PM »

Gibson won't run, retiring from politics.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2016, 12:46:19 PM »

Well, Gibson is a good Congressman (though we disagree on choice and some other issues) and would be a good governor candidate. I wish there would be more people like him in present day Republican caucus. For the time being i simply wish him success in his new endeavors...
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2016, 12:49:48 PM »

Cuomo might be my least favorite current governor because of his comments about people with my values having "no place in New York".  You just don't say that to entire groups of people.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2016, 05:47:23 PM »

Cuomo might be my least favorite current governor because of his comments about people with my values having "no place in New York".  You just don't say that to entire groups of people.

Were you as offended with Dubya and his crew implying that Democrats were on the side of the terrorists?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2016, 01:09:15 AM »

Frankly speaking - he is basically correct. People with "your values" are in dire minority in New York...
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2016, 10:49:33 AM »

Frankly speaking - he is basically correct. People with "your values" are in dire minority in New York...

But New York Values are the essence of the minority. We can't abandon our namesake.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2016, 03:33:00 PM »

If Cuomo is running for #3 then hopefully Howard Stern will run so that history really repeats itself.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2016, 03:53:56 PM »

I sure hope not...
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2016, 05:39:15 PM »

To quote Sheila Brovlovski: "What what what?!"

Without Gibson it's going to be much harder for the NY GOP to win in 2018. As others have said he was the perfect candidate for that state.

He would have been a better Governor than Pataki, but then who isn't.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2016, 08:44:43 AM »

A 2018 race between Cuomo and the Trumpster would be hell. A corrupt dude versus a narcissist billionaire with bigoted rhetoric.
Danderns
Rookie

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2016, 05:51:10 PM »

He will run, and most likely win as well.
President Rockefeller
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2016, 08:55:57 AM »

More than likely. Gibson has said he won't run which leaves Dutchess County
Exec. Marcus Molinaro,  Rob Astorino again looks like he's planning, Carl Paladino (sigh) is thinking about it again, and they say Trump may run if he loses 2016.

On the Dem side it's probably Eric Schneiderman the AG, Kathy Hochul probably won't run if Cuomo does which again he probably will. I somehow don';t see DiNapoli doing it, and if DeBlasio went for it, I couldn't even see him winning any of the boroughs against Cuomo.

Was actually hoping for a Preet Bharara 2018 run #RepublicansForPreet
JMT

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2016, 11:23:43 AM »

Exec. Marcus Molinaro,  Rob Astorino again looks like he's planning, Carl Paladino (sigh) is thinking about it again, and they say Trump may run if he loses 2016.

On the Dem side it's probably Eric Schneiderman the AG, Kathy Hochul probably won't run if Cuomo does which again he probably will. I somehow don';t see DiNapoli doing it, and if DeBlasio went for it, I couldn't even see him winning any of the boroughs against Cuomo.

I was surprised that Gibson decided against running, it really seemed like he was going to do it. But he did get out early enough for Republicans to look for another candidate. I think Astorino will probably run again, and will likely be the GOP nominee. Paladino was a terrible candidate in 2010, but then again we are talking about the party who just nominated Trump for president so who really knows what could happen... speaking of Trump, I doubt he runs for NY Gov. I think Trump is in the presidential race not even to win, but to boost his own ego and his narcissism. Trump only cares about Trump, and wants to build his own brand and keep his name in the news. Trump would only be satisfied with running for the number one job in politics, I don't think he would have any interest in being Governor.

I am doubtful Cuomo gets a serious challenge for the nomination, even though he is unpopular. Zephyr Teachout is now running for Congress and has a legitimate shot at winning, and if she wins, I imagine she'll try to spend a few terms in Congress instead of running an underdog campaign against Cuomo. As for Eric Schneiderman, he seems like a popular politician who wouldn't want to risk his future by running and possibly losing against Cuomo. I think he definitely runs for the seat if Cuomo doesn't,  but otherwise I think he stays in as Attorney General and waits for Cuomo to retire or waits for an open Senate seat. Kathy Hochul won't run against Cuomo either considering he picked her as his Lt Gov, she could run for the seat if Cuomo retires but she will likely run for reelection as Lt. Gov with Cuomo if he runs again.

To me, DeBlasio is the wild card here. He seems ambitious, and could see the opportunity to run to Cuomo's left to try to win the primary. I think a major factor in DeBlasio's decision is his own popularity and reelection chances as NYC mayor. If his approval ratings in NYC continue to go down and he gains credible challengers for reelection, I think he could see the writing on the wall and decide not to run for reelection after all. He may have a better chance at winning statewide as Governor (in different parts of the state by appealing to progressive voters) than winning reelection as Mayor.
President Rockefeller
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »

I was surprised that Gibson decided against running, it really seemed like he was going to do it. But he did get out early enough for Republicans to look for another candidate. I think Astorino will probably run again, and will likely be the GOP nominee. Paladino was a terrible candidate in 2010, but then again we are talking about the party who just nominated Trump for president so who really knows what could happen... speaking of Trump, I doubt he runs for NY Gov. I think Trump is in the presidential race not even to win, but to boost his own ego and his narcissism. Trump only cares about Trump, and wants to build his own brand and keep his name in the news. Trump would only be satisfied with running for the number one job in politics, I don't think he would have any interest in being Governor.

I am doubtful Cuomo gets a serious challenge for the nomination, even though he is unpopular. Zephyr Teachout is now running for Congress and has a legitimate shot at winning, and if she wins, I imagine she'll try to spend a few terms in Congress instead of running an underdog campaign against Cuomo. As for Eric Schneiderman, he seems like a popular politician who wouldn't want to risk his future by running and possibly losing against Cuomo. I think he definitely runs for the seat if Cuomo doesn't,  but otherwise I think he stays in as Attorney General and waits for Cuomo to retire or waits for an open Senate seat. Kathy Hochul won't run against Cuomo either considering he picked her as his Lt Gov, she could run for the seat if Cuomo retires but she will likely run for reelection as Lt. Gov with Cuomo if he runs again.

To me, DeBlasio is the wild card here. He seems ambitious, and could see the opportunity to run to Cuomo's left to try to win the primary. I think a major factor in DeBlasio's decision is his own popularity and reelection chances as NYC mayor. If his approval ratings in NYC continue to go down and he gains credible challengers for reelection, I think he could see the writing on the wall and decide not to run for reelection after all. He may have a better chance at winning statewide as Governor (in different parts of the state by appealing to progressive voters) than winning reelection as Mayor.

I sure was taken aback that Gibson wasn't running. He had Cuomo at 49%. Although he himself had 26% I'm sure that was based on low name recognition. DeBlasio is becoming immensely unpopular, not sure if he's stupid enough to run into the buzz saw that would be Andrew Cuomo's campaign machine, which, last time, also had Republican funders. Also Preet has an open investigation on BdB, so we'll see where that goes.

Teachout, has to make it to Congress first, I agree.

Schneiderman also probably waits to see

If Molinaro from Dutchess County on the GOP side is talked up enough, he probably becomes the alternative to Astorino.

The GOP will try to ignore Paladino as much as possible......I pray they are more valiant in that effort
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2016, 02:10:10 PM »

President Rockefeller, do you think Lee Zeldin, Dennis Vacco or Roslynn Mauskopf could win?
President Rockefeller
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2016, 02:34:47 PM »

President Rockefeller, do you think Lee Zeldin, Dennis Vacco or Roslynn Mauskopf could win?

Vacco seems passed the time, he hasn't held office since 1998, Zeldin probably won't go for it, he's probably Congressional for a while, and Mauskopf based on low recognition may not win for Gov, but if she wanted to would make a solid AG. AG.... there's another race in NY that isn't certain
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2016, 03:14:48 PM »

Vacco seems passed the time, he hasn't held office since 1998, Zeldin probably won't go for it, he's probably Congressional for a while, and Mauskopf based on low recognition may not win for Gov, but if she wanted to would make a solid AG. AG.... there's another race in NY that isn't certain

So no. I think Vacco might run as a last go type of thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies