Andrew Cuomo 2018? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:20:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Andrew Cuomo 2018? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will he run for a third term for NY Gov like his father did?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo 2018?  (Read 8114 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: February 07, 2016, 05:28:39 AM »

Gibson? Or Cuomo? I wouldn't be so confident in BOTH cases..
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 11:56:09 PM »

Gibson is by far the best candidate we could possibly muster, although most of Cuomo's critics are to his left and as such will probably not be of much help. Gibson would have to hammer hard on corruption, although Bharara's lifting of Damocles sword makes that more difficult than is desirable.

I like Gibson, but New York Republican party is much more conserative now then half century ago (when it routinely ran pro-choice moderates and even liberals like Javits, Halperin, Reid and Kupferman), so Gibson may be "too liberal" for it. Similar to what we see in NY-22 now, where (despite moderate tradition of district) both announced candidates are closer to far right, and even in NY-19, where Faso is somewhat more conserative then Gibson himself.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 11:45:30 AM »

Gibson? Or Cuomo? I wouldn't be so confident in BOTH cases..

Cuomo. He's known to be corrupt, and there are rumors of several potential big names trying to primary him.

Cuomo will not lose the primary. 

Depends on the challanger. the last one (Zepyr Teachout; hope I spelled her Name correct) was actually a weak one and she got a respectable result. If De Blasio or Schneiderman challange him, he'll be in deep trouble.

De Blasio isn't especially popular himself, and needs to worry about his own reelection first (in 2017). Schneiderman - may be..
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 12:46:19 PM »

Well, Gibson is a good Congressman (though we disagree on choice and some other issues) and would be a good governor candidate. I wish there would be more people like him in present day Republican caucus. For the time being i simply wish him success in his new endeavors...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 01:09:15 AM »

Cuomo might be my least favorite current governor because of his comments about people with my values having "no place in New York".  You just don't say that to entire groups of people.

Frankly speaking - he is basically correct. People with "your values" are in dire minority in New York...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies