opinion of Manmohan Singh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:13:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  opinion of Manmohan Singh
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: opinion of Manmohan Singh  (Read 803 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 28, 2015, 04:14:04 PM »

An FF, even if his lattermost term was cartoonishly bad.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 04:45:50 PM »

Liberalising reforms = FF
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 06:25:17 PM »

FF!
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 07:24:27 PM »

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 07:27:46 PM »

In particular, I feel that UPA 1 was probably the best single termindia has ever had. (Maybe some of the Nehru terms clinch it, I guess)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 07:33:43 PM »

Should still be PM
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 08:03:19 PM »

I wonder what Clinten Modi beep boop 01000101010101010 thinks.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 08:30:26 PM »

Mixed, did great job liberalizing the India's economy in the 90s but returned to the corrupt big government politics when he became PM . He was Jimmy Carter of India except a little better  while Modi is the Ronald Reagan of India except not as great as Reagan was.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 08:35:42 PM »

I wonder what Clinten Modi beep boop 01000101010101010 thinks.

Modi is not even my top  4 favorite political leaders in the past 35 years

Here's my top 4

1. Ronald Reagan
2. Bill Clinton
3. Margret Thatcher
4. George HW Bush

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 08:50:50 PM »

Mixed, did great job liberalizing the India's economy in the 90s but returned to the corrupt big government politics when he became PM . He was Jimmy Carter of India except a little better  while Modi is the Ronald Reagan of India except not as great as Reagan was.

Singh was way better than Modi, please for the love of god, I would take Singh over Modi for a million years, as would all of my family. Singh is one of the best PM of India.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 08:53:09 PM »

Curious intell, but what ethnicity are you?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 08:57:10 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2015, 09:09:56 PM by Intell »

Indian-Nepalese from Brahmin peasantry (nepal, dad's side) and lower-class Brahmin (India, Mom's side) family. Also have some Chinese blood with me, I'm also distantly related (well, sorta') with Mao Zedong, and apparently my distant relatives in China were reverent supporters of Mao Zedong, so yeah*.

Though, I would agree the Caste System is BS, it's remnants are very clear in society. The major reason, my family doesn't vote for the Maoists in Nepal, even if they've benefited them with collective farms and land reform, is the fact of ethnically based land, which the Maoists want and the fact that they believe that the Maoists represents the 'inferior' rich, or whatever over the Brahmin peasantry, to which I roll my eyes.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 01:57:22 AM »
« Edited: November 29, 2015, 02:00:49 AM by Moderate Hero Republican »

Mixed, did great job liberalizing the India's economy in the 90s but returned to the corrupt big government politics when he became PM . He was Jimmy Carter of India except a little better  while Modi is the Ronald Reagan of India except not as great as Reagan was.

Singh was way better than Modi, please for the love of god, I would take Singh over Modi for a million years, as would all of my family. Singh is one of the best PM of India.

Modi will prove doubters wrong just like Reagan proved doubters wrong. Modi small government solutions and a foreign policy principle of peace through strength will  work just like how it worked for the US when Reagan was in office
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 03:00:32 AM »

Modi will prove doubters wrong just like Reagan proved doubters wrong. Modi small government solutions and a foreign policy principle of peace through strength will  work just like how it worked for the US when Reagan was in office

Reagan is horrible, who ruined the economy, f*ked over the poor and introduced neo-libreal reforms, which lead to the great recession. Modi's small government aint gonna do sh**t, for the lower classes, as he ruins healthcare, and makes everything private and more expensive.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 03:46:13 AM »

Reagan is horrible, who ruined the economy, f*ked over the poor and introduced neo-libreal reforms, which lead to the great recession. Modi's small government aint gonna do sh**t, for the lower classes, as he ruins healthcare, and makes everything private and more expensive.

Lol unemployment dropped from 10.8% to 5.7% during Reagan's term, inflation and intrest rates dropped considerably, his foreign policy was a major reason why the evil Soviet union fell and the US won the cold war, poverty was lower in 1989 then 1982 when the 70s reccession ended, and median income rose considerably(http://www.davemanuel.com/median-household-income.php)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 04:24:08 AM »

Lol unemployment dropped from 10.8% to 5.7% during Reagan's term, inflation and intrest rates dropped considerably, his foreign policy was a major reason why the evil Soviet union fell and the US won the cold war, poverty was lower in 1989 then 1982 when the 70s reccession ended, and median income rose considerably(http://www.davemanuel.com/median-household-income.php)

He also caused recessions, hampered the social safety net, mindlessly increased the deficit, as well as attacked unions and ruined workers. He also ruined the revenue coming into the state, so he increased taxes on the middle class, while lowering them on the rich. The unemployment went down, after he made it go up with 'voodo' economics.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies