SE1- The School Rights Act of 2015 (passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:10:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SE1- The School Rights Act of 2015 (passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SE1- The School Rights Act of 2015 (passed)  (Read 496 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 16, 2015, 04:17:46 PM »
« edited: December 19, 2015, 08:57:21 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

The School Rights Act of 2015

1. The words of holidays or any religious celebrations shall not be banned in any schools, teachers and children have the unalienable right to use these words, however teachers can not teach, well force their religion upon their own religion to the students.

2. If a teacher discriminates against a child for religious, gender, race, sexuality issues, etc... they shall be fired immediately and will not be allowed to teach anywhere else.

Sponsor Southern Speaker Haslam2020
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's start a debate on this!

Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 06:38:33 PM »

Why this bill is different from Assemblyman Pingvin's bill?
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 09:52:27 PM »

Why this bill is different from Assemblyman Pingvin's bill?

His eliminated "free speech zones", etc. This grants basic religious rights to people. This is good for everyone, and if a teacher starts shoving private, non school related views down kids's thoughts they get fired. Words like Christmas and Thanksgiving shouldn't be banned. Take a look at what happened up north:

Welcome to the Southern Biscuit! We are going to try to print daily, and boy do we have some news for you! The At-Large Senate elections are now officially over, it looks like Maxwell, running on the Radical Jihad Party ticket has lost. He is now running for president, can this failed candidate take the presidency? Also our Senator, NC Yankee has won re-election by a good margin.

The school principal Jaela Kim

We also have some big southern political news... School principal Jaela Kim of Sunset Park, Brooklyn has enacted some more than controversial rules in her school.. She has banned saying the words "Christmas", "angels", even Christmas trees, saying Thanksgiving. Speaker Haslam2020 is forming a bill to prevent anything like this from happening in the South after the other bills clear themselves out. Speaking of bills, Assemblyman Pingvin introduced the Protecting the Free Speech in Education Act, which has garnered much support. Governor Leinad is still unopposed in his bid for re-election so far. It seems unlikely that Assemblyman Steelers will run at this time, could Former Governor Flo try something? It seems unlikely. As for now, that's all! Good night southerners!

We can't let that happen here.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 01:06:16 AM »

I like the concept. Ideas of any sort, religious or non-religious, shouldn't be shoved down anyone's throats, but especially the children.

However, maybe it should be a bit more clear? And perhaps more general, too. In other words, where the point is to keep schools from banning words other than the generally-accepted unacceptable words (i.e. F-bombs and the like). Like, of course a teacher has no right to ban "Merry Christmas," but also no right to ban saying the word "cargo" or whatever. (Random example, don't look for meaning in it.) My point is that it shouldn't be confined simply to religion/holidays.

Anyway, you'd think this would be common sense. It's sad how statists (of all flavors) keep thinking banning stuff helps anything. All it does is piss off the people who liked what you banned.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 01:14:42 AM »

Well, this act seems to be a natural extension of the Protecting Free Speech in Education Act, so I support it.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 04:46:42 PM »

I like the concept. Ideas of any sort, religious or non-religious, shouldn't be shoved down anyone's throats, but especially the children.

However, maybe it should be a bit more clear? And perhaps more general, too. In other words, where the point is to keep schools from banning words other than the generally-accepted unacceptable words (i.e. F-bombs and the like). Like, of course a teacher has no right to ban "Merry Christmas," but also no right to ban saying the word "cargo" or whatever. (Random example, don't look for meaning in it.) My point is that it shouldn't be confined simply to religion/holidays.

Anyway, you'd think this would be common sense. It's sad how statists (of all flavors) keep thinking banning stuff helps anything. All it does is piss off the people who liked what you banned.

Absolutely terrific, Governor, couldn't have said it any better myself. I'll edit the bill.

Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »

The School Rights Act of 2015

1. The words of holidays or any religious celebrations shall not be banned in any schools, teachers and children have the unalienable right to use these words, however teachers can not teach, well force their religion upon their own religion to the students. There is also no right to ban any words that the school does not consider a curse word, or foul language.

2. If a teacher discriminates against a child for religious, gender, race, sexuality issues, etc... they shall be fired immediately and will not be allowed to teach anywhere else.

Sponsor Southern Speaker Haslam2020
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 04:16:11 PM »

The good vote is aye, this protects individual rights.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 03:28:37 AM »

Good amendment, but I think it might be a good idea to just take out the part about banning words relating to holidays and religion. I mean, simply saying that banning non-profanity is a no-no in public schools (oh, that's another good addition, we shouldn't be dictating this to private schools) covers it pretty well.

I have an amended version, where I also move the "teachers cannot teach/force their religion on students" part to it's own section, reworded:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think that's a good bill. What say you, Mr. Speaker?
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 04:26:49 AM »

I support Governor's amendment.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 05:31:17 AM »

I support it too.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 10:10:04 AM »

I support the Governor's amendment, since there is no further debate since everyone supports it, let's take this to a vote, shall we?

I vote aye!
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 12:29:12 PM »

Aye
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2015, 06:23:08 PM »

Aye