SE1: The IDS Child Care Act (canceled)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:10:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SE1: The IDS Child Care Act (canceled)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: SE1: The IDS Child Care Act (canceled)  (Read 782 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 28, 2015, 07:56:32 PM »
« edited: December 28, 2015, 01:29:45 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

The IDS Child Care Act:

1. This act hereby declares that anyone in the IDS can adopt a baby, regardless of sexual orientation, race, gender, etc, their personal matters if given permission by the parent or parents who are giving it up for adoption, or they are not convicted felons who have served 3 plus years in prison.

2. Adopters, who adopt a child from the ages of 5-18 shall be given $150 dollars a month for 6 months in order to help care for the newly brought in child. After that time, the child should have adjusted to his home.

3. If a foster parent is in custody of a child 0-18, within the first six months of them having it they shall receive $150 dollars.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 04:39:44 PM »

IMO this is an awful law that opens up adoption to someone who served 2 years in prison for assault
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 04:53:54 PM »

IMO this is an awful law that opens up adoption to someone who served 2 years in prison for assault

Oh sh** I meant for drug offenses b4 whoops
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 04:49:53 PM »

Alright. This is the bill. I encourage everyone to vote aye, after this is law me and Governor Leinad will release a pro life bill, This will save millions of lives.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 04:03:44 AM »

Again this bill states that anyone can adopt a child as long as they haven't been in prison for 3 years-anyone!
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 08:15:41 AM »

I still have serious doubts about this bill. You can commit serious crimes and get 2-3 years of jail.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 04:36:46 PM »

I still have serious doubts about this bill. You can commit serious crimes and get 2-3 years of jail.

I meant for drug offenses before marijuana was legalized. Not for assault or something like that. This is a good bill that will save lives, and improve them. I encourage you all to vote for it!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 06:32:58 PM »

I meant for drug offenses before marijuana was legalized. Not for assault or something like that. This is a good bill that will save lives, and improve them. I encourage you all to vote for it!
The current text does not say this, though - you should introduce an amended version if that is your intent. I might add that it is not necessarily a good idea for someone with a potential addiction problem to be raising a child.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 06:44:21 PM »

The current text does not say this, though - you should introduce an amended version if that is your intent. I might add that it is not necessarily a good idea for someone with a potential addiction problem to be raising a child.

aye, the only way someone can adopt a child is by getting the parent's consent. Clearly they wouldn't consent to "druggies" XD
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 07:18:46 PM »

I will vote aye. I believe this is a step to save lives from abortions. This is a pro-life bill for every child, not just the new or unborn.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 01:17:52 AM »

No objection to the bill that will encourage more adoptions. Aye.
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 03:05:15 AM »

I will support this bill if you specified who can adopt and who can't.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 05:28:44 AM »

I propose an amendment:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Mostly clarifications, plus simply not allowing any convicted felons to take part in this. Oh, and we're called the "South" nowadays. Smiley

As cumbersome as it sounds from a writing perspective, I prefer gender neutral terminology in government legislation. Also, "their personal matters" sounds vague, and "it" has always seemed like an odd thing to call a person, although perhaps that's more style than anything else.

I agree that the matter of parental consent is a good way to cut down on unfortunate situations, but then again I think it would be a good idea to add some safeguard. Not sure what, though. Any ideas?

For clarity's sake, here's what the bill would look like should you choose to accept my amendment, without all the strikethroughs and such:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 06:02:26 AM »

Please put in a vetting process-whilst the amended bill is much better it still means that there isn't a framework in place.

Anyone who's tried adopting will know how hard it is, and how much effort goes into checking/assessing the background.

At the moment an alcoholic living in a tent could adopt a child as long as he has no conviction and the parents agree 
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 10:32:46 AM »

I vote aye. This will save our children and improve lives.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2015, 02:32:28 PM »

Assemblyman Pingvin has voiced his support for the bill. So far the vote is 2-0-1, Assemblyman Steelers what is your vote?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 02:40:04 PM »

This is not how a vote should work
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2015, 02:45:35 PM »

I know, but we've been debating this for almost a week, shouldn't it only take a couple days? It's in final voting and I'm trying to speed up the process but he did voice his support earlier.
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2015, 02:49:02 PM »

I'm very sorry that your wisdom on this matter is very low.  NAY!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 04:04:25 PM »

I'm very sorry that your wisdom on this matter is very low.  NAY!

Now that was completely uncalled for assemblyman.
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 07:04:16 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2015, 07:06:29 PM by Assemblyman Steelers »

I am sorry for my harsh words,but you try to to speed of this bill. And you refused to improve this bill with explication who strictly can adopt children's.
I agree that our colleague Mr. Pingvin its not active enough but that cant be excuse.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 07:19:40 PM »

Mr. Speaker and the other assembly members.

I hate to tell you this but there are rules of order usually that you must follow or the bill technically doesn't pass. Check your statues page if there are any rules of order and not you should make some beacuse they help the speaker very greatly. I learnt this from experience. I hate to keep reprimanding you guys but you can't jump into final voting immediately. Usually the debate lasts for 48 hours and then the assembly can debate the topic at hand and try to come to either a compromise or an understanding. After that any admendment to the bill are to be voted on in either a 24 or 48 hour vote or until all members have voted. After all admendments are voted on and debate is over than you have either a final 24 or 48 hour vote or until everyone has voted. And actually Pingvin isn't being inactive he is actually going at the speed of a normal assembly man, you guys are definitely much more active than my council ever was. But best of luck guys.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2015, 11:17:29 PM »

Agreed with Classic and Blair, we're going about this too fast. The bill could use some improvement.

However, I MUCH prefer a hyperactive legislature to an empty one! Smiley
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2015, 08:26:16 PM »

Agreed with Classic and Blair, we're going about this too fast. The bill could use some improvement.

However, I MUCH prefer a hyperactive legislature to an empty one! Smiley

Smiley
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2015, 06:50:13 PM »

Let's renew a 48 hour debate on this, it's been lingering for a bit too long and preventing other bills. Let's make a compromise:

The Southern Child Care Act:

1. This act hereby declares that anyone in the South, regardless of sexual orientation, race, gender, etc, can adopt a baby, if given permission by the parent(s) who are giving the child up for adoption, and they are not convicted felons.

2. Adopters, who adopt a child from the ages of 0-18 shall be given $150 dollars a month for 6 months in order to help care for the newly brought in child. After that time, the child should have adjusted to his/her home.

3. If a foster parent is in custody of a child aged 0-18, within the first six months of them having the child they shall receive $150 dollars.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies