Back in hell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:28:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Back in hell
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Back in hell  (Read 7781 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2005, 09:00:35 PM »

If you want a high quality meal, come to a Wendy's in San Jose.  We put fingers in our Chili!
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2005, 09:20:51 PM »

If you want a high quality meal, come to a Wendy's in San Jose.  We put fingers in our Chili!

It's finger lickin' good!
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2005, 09:24:53 PM »

It's finger lickin' good!

Awful! Inevitable but awful! Smiley

You just wish you had beaten me to it.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2005, 09:27:27 PM »

I hope they put her in jail for faking that finger thing. They should have know it was a hoax Wendy's most likely would see a finger in the chili before it was served.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2005, 11:47:40 PM »

Depends on where in NY I suppose. May I suggest the South Bronx?

The South Bronx sounds perfect to me. Smiley  Great suggestion, Lewis.

That would give opebo the chance to see on a daily basis how his view of the world and philosophy of life plays out for those who have been born without trust funds.

What does the South Bronx have to do with my 'view of the world and philosophy'?  The South Bronx is filled with poor people suffering the effects of laissez-faire capitalism.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2005, 11:51:01 PM »

I hope they put her in jail for faking that finger thing. They should have know it was a hoax Wendy's most likely would see a finger in the chili before it was served.

Do you work at Wendy's?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2005, 11:55:53 PM »

That depends.  I need to call Dave Letterman and ask him to see if a finger floats in Wendy's Chili for his next Will it float? segment.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2005, 12:25:31 AM »

Come'on down here Opebo. We love "your kind" down here. Smiley
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2005, 06:55:22 AM »

Yes, I agree.  Throw the b**ch in jail for a long time.  She deserves it.  People manipulating the legal system in order to practice what amounts to legalized extortion are costing us dearly, and must be stopped.  I absolutely HATE the type of person who would do this.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2005, 07:09:18 AM »

That would give opebo the chance to see on a daily basis how his view of the world and philosophy of life plays out for those who have been born without trust funds.

What does the South Bronx have to do with my 'view of the world and philosophy'?  The South Bronx is filled with poor people suffering the effects of laissez-faire capitalism.

Maybe, but it also has many people who made a lot of wrong decisions in life, and failed to do the things necessary to live decently in this world.  Many people in those types of neighborhoods follow your amoral views toward sex and your disdain for work, with the result that they end up with kids they can't support, and are unemployable and uneducated.

If not for your trust fund, you'd be in the same place, and deservedly so.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2005, 07:15:41 AM »

opebo you just try way too hard to be the character you pretend to be.  your views are glaringly contrived.

it is exhausting to use an automobile?  didnt i read once that you rented a motorbike while in thailand?  it is exhausting to drive a car, but riding around in thailand on a motorbike is relaxing?  help me out here.  im confused.

i also remember once when you siad something to the effect of 'owning a computer is a burden'....lol
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2005, 07:17:02 AM »

opebo you just try way too hard to be the character you pretend to be.  your views are glaringly contrived.
I'm pretty sure he's real.  Do a Google search for "Opebo" (turn off any filters).

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yeah.  He uses internet cafes, public libraries, etc.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2005, 07:20:19 AM »

I'm pretty sure he's real.  Do a Google search for "Opebo" (turn off any filters).
Speaking of Google... look at what I found: Tongue

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/6821/thurber.html
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2005, 08:56:03 AM »

Opebo,

I suggest you start drinking as soon as you are no longer required to operate heavy machinery.

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by this exactly, but it does seem like good advice.  I have to be here for something like 3-5 months, and a few drinks might help.  I also have an enormous jar of valiums. 

But one of the biggest drawbacks about the US is you have operate heavy machinery almost constantly.  The car culture is exhausting and ennervating.

Against all of my insticts;)  may I suggest you go to New York if you feel that way.  One of the things I love about New York is that you really don't have to drive anywhere.  Pretty much anything you need is within a quick walk, taxi or subway.

Well, patrick, I appreciate the suggestion, and it is a good one.  However the only reason I'm back in the US is that my budget is in its slim phase of the year after spending rather too freely.  Things will be back on track in the very early fall, but until then it is belt-tightening time.  And I suspect one would have to spend at least a thousand dollars a week to live in New York.

A simple existence would probably be like $600 per week.  The most expensive element is rent.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2005, 07:54:12 PM »

Maybe, but it also has many people who made a lot of wrong decisions in life, and failed to do the things necessary to live decently in this world.  Many people in those types of neighborhoods follow your amoral views toward sex and your disdain for work, with the result that they end up with kids they can't support, and are unemployable and uneducated.

If not for your trust fund, you'd be in the same place, and deservedly so.

You are focusing on unimportant incidentals, as well as to a certain extent refuting your own argument by reminding us that the results of identical behavior differ according to class.  No, the determining factor in the plight of the poor, as well as the advantage of the owners, is economic class, not personal behaviour. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2005, 07:56:33 PM »

it is exhausting to use an automobile?  didnt i read once that you rented a motorbike while in thailand?  it is exhausting to drive a car, but riding around in thailand on a motorbike is relaxing?  help me out here.  im confused.

i also remember once when you siad something to the effect of 'owning a computer is a burden'....lol

Of course owning anything bulky is a burden.  As for automobiles - obviously they are exhausting and tension-producing, as the distances one must drive in the US are absurdly far.  In Thailand I ride around on a motor scooter in a dense beach town (small city).  I am never in motion for more than 10 minutes - relaxing.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2005, 08:08:46 PM »

pne thing that ive wondered....you were in a small beach city...but i dont recall you mentioning anything about the tsunami.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2005, 02:35:17 AM »

pne thing that ive wondered....you were in a small beach city...but i dont recall you mentioning anything about the tsunami.
Actually it is a city of 100-200 thousand.  But we were unaffected by the tsunami.
Take a look at the map:

Note that Pattaya is not on Thailand's west coast, the only part of the country which was effected by the tsunami:
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2005, 08:18:10 AM »

I do remember him speaking about the Tsunami nonetheless. And saying he wasn't directly affected.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2005, 10:33:24 PM »

Update From Hell:
I am sustaining myself on a survival diet of nuts and berries in this hostile terrain.  I had a couple of $50 meals, but they were of worse quality than my seventy-five cent meals in Thailand.  I also had an encounter but the American-style full figure made me ill.  How do you people live in this place?  You must be very hardy.  Some views of America:

dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2005, 11:20:51 PM »

Update From Hell:
I am sustaining myself on a survival diet of nuts and berries in this hostile terrain.  I had a couple of $50 meals, but they were of worse quality than my seventy-five cent meals in Thailand.  I also had an encounter but the American-style full figure made me ill.  How do you people live in this place?  You must be very hardy.  Some views of America:

So leave then.  Why the f**k are you here?  Oh, I forgot.  To get money.  If you had the courage of your convictions, you'd leave and never come back.  And America wouldn't miss you.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2005, 11:23:13 PM »

And how do you live in such a terrible place, Opebo?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2005, 12:25:40 AM »

So leave then.  Why the f**k are you here?  Oh, I forgot.  To get money.  If you had the courage of your convictions, you'd leave and never come back.  And America wouldn't miss you.

I agree completely. You do nothing but bitch about how terrible America is --- just never come back. It's so much easier.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2005, 12:33:03 AM »

If you had the courage of your convictions,

Convictions? This ... word ... is being used to describe ... o ... p ... e .... ....
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2005, 02:33:15 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2005, 02:47:30 AM by opebo »

I agree completely. You do nothing but bitch about how terrible America is --- just never come back. It's so much easier.

I wish!  But I'm afraid its not possible guys.  Have to mooch a bit to get through the dry spell between the semi-annual remittances.  How would you get money abroad?  Please, I'm all ears..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies