Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 05:19:20 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  About this Site
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Unban Hamilton?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Unban Hamilton?  (Read 3488 times)
Nice Guy FF
The Obamanation
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2015, 07:57:20 pm »
Ignore

Kyle Mercado of Bakersfeild, California has been shown on AAD to be a good poster.

If we brought him back, would he pull a Snowstalker or jmfcst and intentionally get himself re-banned or would he bring quality here? (I can't believe I'm talking about the sociopath and quality at the same time, but it's been years)

He's also compained that Libertas and Eingzie have been given 2nd chances but not him.

So, unban Kyle or not?

Why should I even have a signature?
͡◔ ᴥ ͡◔
darthebearnc
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 08:19:58 pm »
Ignore

McCarthy him.
Compassion Fills the Void
BRTD
YaBB God
Ukraine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 10:27:53 pm »
Ignore

Yes. See the parable of the prodigal son.

I'm finally seeing them! September 16.

Holmes
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 11:20:43 pm »
Ignore

I've always liked him.

rpryor03
YaBB God
Bahamas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 10:38:06 am »
Ignore

Yes. See the parable of the prodigal son.

You just had to quote my least favorite parable, didn't you.

In Cruce Christe Gloriam
Vice President PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 07:03:53 pm »
Ignore

I agree, Hamilton has really reformed himself. He should be allowed back on here.

Green Line
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 07:06:43 pm »
Ignore

No one should ever be banned unless they've threatened harm on someone else.  And even then I'm not sure.  Unban him

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 12:21:32 am »
Ignore

Can't you clowns just "enjoy" it at the toxic dump?

“To oppose something is to maintain it.
They say here "all roads lead to Mishnory." To be sure, if you turn your back on Mishnory and walk away from it, you are still on the Mishnory road. To oppose vulgarity is inevitably to be vulgar. You must go somewhere else; you must have another goal; then you walk in a different road.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness
RFayette
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 12:40:08 am »
Ignore

Charzard is definitely a good AAD poster, so I'd say yes, unban him.

Malcolm X
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 08:59:23 pm »
Ignore

Hell no!

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed
Averroës
Averroës Nix
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 01:54:58 pm »
Ignore

Hamilton is a garbage-tier poster on AAD as well. I find it hilarious that people are falling for the same ingratiating act again, including a few posters whom I respect a great deal and who've been through enough to know better. (The only reason why I'm bothering to write this is that I've literally never seen anyone else bother to register their disagreement with the HAMILTON REFORMED narrative.)

Hamilton gets by on AAD only because he knows how to pick up contextually appropriate social cues and confine his insults to safe targets. There's not much more to his shtick than that.

AAD certainly hasn't been his road to Damascus. If you're looking for thoughtfulness, originality, compassion, or even just witty banter, you won't find it in his posting history over there any more than you would find it in his posts here. As far as letting him post there is concerned, who cares, but let's not kid ourselves. He's a troubled and sadistic person with morals that are, at best, deeply confused.
Compassion Fills the Void
BRTD
YaBB God
Ukraine

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 06:22:10 pm »
Ignore

Hamilton is a garbage-tier poster on AAD as well. I find it hilarious that people are falling for the same ingratiating act again, including a few posters whom I respect a great deal and who've been through enough to know better. (The only reason why I'm bothering to write this is that I've literally never seen anyone else bother to register their disagreement with the HAMILTON REFORMED narrative.)

Hamilton gets by on AAD only because he knows how to pick up contextually appropriate social cues and confine his insults to safe targets. There's not much more to his shtick than that.

AAD certainly hasn't been his road to Damascus. If you're looking for thoughtfulness, originality, compassion, or even just witty banter, you won't find it in his posting history over there any more than you would find it in his posts here. As far as letting him post there is concerned, who cares, but let's not kid ourselves. He's a troubled and sadistic person with morals that are, at best, deeply confused.

I'll say this, he's better than seatown or Einzige. Yeah not exactly an accomplishment, but he has also made me realize his Old Atlas posting history, as terrible as it was, still manages to beat out seatown and Einzige's even just here.

I'm finally seeing them! September 16.

morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 07:27:02 pm »
Ignore

I'll say this, he's better than seatown or Einzige. Yeah not exactly an accomplishment, but he has also made me realize his Old Atlas posting history, as terrible as it was, still manages to beat out seatown and Einzige's even just here.
Being better than seatown and Einzige literally applies to just about anything. Even something like AIDS.

SunriseAroundTheWorld
YaBB God
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 11:21:58 pm »
Ignore

yea, a toaster with brain damage and no knobs is more efficient and intelligent then einzeige. i lurk a lot on AAD and his posts make me want to gouge my eyes out.

my opinion on hamilton/charzard is Lean FF.

"While we may be of different faiths, we have a strong sense of faith, family, community. We hold the values of freedom and human rights very high and I think that those are all a part of a very strong quilt that binds us together." - Bob Menendez (D-NJ)

TexasGurl
texasgurl24
Moderators
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2015, 11:01:55 am »
Ignore

^^^This^^^

Fritz
JLD
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2015, 09:23:49 pm »
Ignore

I was rather friendly with the Napoleon incarnation of Hamilton, and I think he should be given another chance here.

Fmr. Pres. Griffin
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2015, 10:26:28 pm »
Ignore

Thinking about history, reading certain comments, watching mindsets change and just taking it all in...I'm reminded of a certain trilogy.

To some extent, Griffin was in many ways elected as a War time President because he viewed, not as the guy you want a beer with, but the guy you would go to a bar fight with.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2015, 07:18:15 am »
Ignore

I was rather friendly with the Napoleon incarnation of Hamilton, and I think he should be given another chance here.
see, this makes zero sense to me.  He tricked you into thinking he was something he wasn't for what, a year, 18 months? I have no idea, and you want him back?  As what?  The fake character you liked or the mentally disturbed asshole that actually presses the keys on the keyboard?

“To oppose something is to maintain it.
They say here "all roads lead to Mishnory." To be sure, if you turn your back on Mishnory and walk away from it, you are still on the Mishnory road. To oppose vulgarity is inevitably to be vulgar. You must go somewhere else; you must have another goal; then you walk in a different road.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
Samoa

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2015, 09:28:10 am »
Ignore

I am almost tempted to put up a poll in the Cave about this issue which, never, ever, seems to go away, just like the issue of my body becoming less and less what I want it to be (I asked partner Dan to put in a new body for me in my Xmas stocking, but no luck -  maybe next year). I am almost certain what the result would be. Any guesses as to what I presume?  Tongue
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 10:48:14 pm »
Ignore

x Kingpoleon

"America now is stumbling through the darkness of hatred and divisiveness. Our values, our principles, and our determination to succeed as a free and democratic people will give us a torch to light the way." - Gerald Ford

"Good speech and good looks covers man's every vice. Plain speech and plain looks covers man's every virtue."

Economic: 1.38
Social: -2.36
Solitude Without a Window
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 06:11:48 am »
Ignore

Morons.

Our numbers are dwindling. Our words are confused.
Some of them have been twisted by the enemy
until they can no longer be recognized.

Now what is wrong, or false, in what we have said?
Just some parts, or everything?
On whom can we still rely? Are we survivors, cast
away by the current? Will we be left behind,
no longer understanding anyone and being understood by no one?
Must we rely on luck?

This is what you ask. Expect
no answer but your own.

Bertolt Brecht
Bacon! 🔥
Bacon King
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 06:44:10 am »
Ignore

I think he's fine over on Dank Atlas but even if you believe he's changed in some fundamental way, allowing him back here while Atlasia is still a thing is probably too much temptation for him

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Grumps' Rocket
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Serbia and Montenegro
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 10:39:04 am »
Ignore

I really couldn't care less, but aren't we overlooking the obvious?  He's here.......and if he's as adept as he was when he was Nappy, he'll be here a while longer.  It's really a moot point.

Grumps isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and shouldn't be taken seriously

I'm just a nice fellow in a cardigan...

“In America, the people govern, the people rule and the people are sovereign. I was elected not to take power, but to give power to the American people where it belongs.”
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
Samoa

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 10:46:17 am »
Ignore

I really couldn't care less, but aren't we overlooking the obvious?  He's here.......and if he's as adept as he was when he was Nappy, he'll be here a while longer.  It's really a moot point.

You think he's here now? In the end, a really clever sock who does not cause trouble is not the end of the world. But if caught, it's an instant ban, and always will be.
Grumps' Rocket
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Serbia and Montenegro
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 10:48:55 am »
Ignore

You think he's here now? In the end, a really clever sock who does not cause trouble is not the end of the world. But if caught, it's an instant ban, and always will be.

Yeah I'm not advocating his return, just pointing out he probably has returned.  That's why the thread is meaningless.

Grumps isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and shouldn't be taken seriously

I'm just a nice fellow in a cardigan...

“In America, the people govern, the people rule and the people are sovereign. I was elected not to take power, but to give power to the American people where it belongs.”
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout