Opinion of Preet Bharara
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:07:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion of Preet Bharara
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Preet Bharara
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Opinion of Preet Bharara  (Read 3599 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2015, 01:16:07 AM »

This was just polled like 3 weeks ago with disappointing results. Possibly the biggest Democratic HP in America bar Cuomo tbh, but do I really want to reignite this argument?

Good job on SS at least...

How is he a HP for indicting criminals?

When a huge number of them are not criminals, but "class enemies" that liberals just want to hate out of envy.

What's the matter, did Dean Skelos land you an internship or something?

Haha, Dean Skelos is just as bad as Silver I imagine. Throw the lot up in Albany out!

I think you're just fond of insider trading, yes?

Not really. The vast majority there are guilty too, but the false interpretations of those laws are highly problematic. We've already seen an overturn, and I expect more to come for those who received injustice due to Bharara. My philosophy is generally one innocent convicted is too many (rather than finding all the guilty), but then again, I don't face a problem like NYS government and the atrocious culture of many hedge fund guys.

Oh, God. It seems you have no knowledge of the legal system. A prosecutor job is to prosecute people which MIGHT be guilty.

If someone was convicted by error, blame the judge, not the prosecutor.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2015, 09:09:33 AM »

This was just polled like 3 weeks ago with disappointing results. Possibly the biggest Democratic HP in America bar Cuomo tbh, but do I really want to reignite this argument?

Good job on SS at least...

How is he a HP for indicting criminals?

When a huge number of them are not criminals, but "class enemies" that liberals just want to hate out of envy.

What's the matter, did Dean Skelos land you an internship or something?

Haha, Dean Skelos is just as bad as Silver I imagine. Throw the lot up in Albany out!

I think you're just fond of insider trading, yes?

Not really. The vast majority there are guilty too, but the false interpretations of those laws are highly problematic. We've already seen an overturn, and I expect more to come for those who received injustice due to Bharara. My philosophy is generally one innocent convicted is too many (rather than finding all the guilty), but then again, I don't face a problem like NYS government and the atrocious culture of many hedge fund guys.

Oh, God. It seems you have no knowledge of the legal system. A prosecutor job is to prosecute people which MIGHT be guilty.

If someone was convicted by error, blame the judge, not the prosecutor.

Well, sure, that's why I guess I don't like most prosecutors, but PB is especially bad because he is good at painting people as tyrannical villains with his language.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2015/03/preet_bharara_on_sheldon_silver_the_prosecutor_could_prejudice_a_jury.2.html

But as I've stated before - the one opinion of mine that is not in the mainstream is the legal system. I guess I'm not a huge fan of either side, but as a prosecutor, PB terrifies me - he's all-powerful because he's too good in his position and even goes beyond what he should (in multiple ways).

I already said I had no intention of debating this because there are few out there if any who share my views, and I have far too much sympathy.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies