Who is more left-wing?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:42:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who is more left-wing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is more left-wing?
Seth MacFarlane

Gully Foyle

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Who is more left-wing?  (Read 2044 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2015, 12:36:10 PM »

Seth of course.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 12:40:15 PM »

Who cares and why is that an objectively good thing?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 02:44:29 PM »

Who cares and why is that an objectively good thing?

Because this is BRTD we're talking about.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 03:25:24 PM »

If I dare say so myself, I'd reckon I'm the most left-wing individual on this entire forum on social and economic matters. No one compares to me. I love and care more than anybody else.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 04:45:57 PM »

If I dare say so myself, I'd reckon I'm the most left-wing individual on this entire forum on social and economic matters. No one compares to me. I love and care more than anybody else.
you're a peach smiley Purple heart
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 04:53:04 PM »

Seth, the billionaire Sanderista?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 05:25:47 PM »

The far greater insight and trenchancy of Gully's thought more than makes up for any specific ~Issues~ MacFuckwad may be ~To The Left Of Him~ on.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 09:41:47 PM »

This is low. What has Gully done to deserve comparison to garbage like Seth MacFarlane?
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 11:52:03 PM »

This is low. What has Gully done to deserve comparison to garbage like Seth MacFarlane?

He once thought Hispanic was a race on the US Census.  That's just obviously unforgivable.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 01:49:38 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2015, 01:55:20 AM by White Light »

It's not just that he claimed Hispanic was a separate race on the Census. If you read the post where it came from you'll see it's a bunch of presumptuous nonsense clearly written by someone who wasn't an American and has next to no understanding of American culture or social divisions. Even if you remove the bit about Hispanic being a separate race on the Census it still makes zero sense in the context of American society. I mean Gully effectively claimed that the Ecuadorian, Central American and Mexican communities in south central Minneapolis are not really any different than the Scandinavians and Germans all throughout Minnesota (who also don't have their own neighborhoods in Minneapolis either.)

And that's a city with a relatively small Hispanic population. If you look at somewhere like Phoenix or anywhere in Texas it becomes laughably absurd. Like on the level of pbrower or J. J.'s electoral "analysis".
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 02:30:48 AM »

It's not just that he claimed Hispanic was a separate race on the Census. If you read the post where it came from you'll see it's a bunch of presumptuous nonsense clearly written by someone who wasn't an American and has next to no understanding of American culture or social divisions. Even if you remove the bit about Hispanic being a separate race on the Census it still makes zero sense in the context of American society. I mean Gully effectively claimed that the Ecuadorian, Central American and Mexican communities in south central Minneapolis are not really any different than the Scandinavians and Germans all throughout Minnesota (who also don't have their own neighborhoods in Minneapolis either.)

And that's a city with a relatively small Hispanic population. If you look at somewhere like Phoenix or anywhere in Texas it becomes laughably absurd. Like on the level of pbrower or J. J.'s electoral "analysis".

How do you even remember this stuff for seven years, much less continue to care about? I know I for one said all sorts of stupid sh**t in 2008 that I wouldn't appreciate being used against me now.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 02:10:34 PM »

I've had a rivalry with Gully since he started posting due to what he said about Ralph Nader and the Democratic Party then, so I remember most of his early posts well.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 03:46:36 PM »

I have a strange feeling this rivalry is mostly one way.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 06:39:13 PM »

You know BRTD one of the reasons I joined this forum was to learn things, in particular to learn things about a country I'm not from and have spent no more than about 20 days in my life. Sometimes in my enthusiasm I say some dumb sh**t but *shrug*, it's not like I care about the Hispanic thing in 2015 anymore, only to say that it is clearly a false and arbitrary grouping (which was part of my point to begin with). Disagree with me? no care.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 06:59:42 PM »

BRTD, this makes zero sense.  Zero.

You seem to hate "true leftists," yet you have really arbitrary anger about someone not being left-wing enough or something.  You champion being a "social justice warrior," even though that's mostly a derogatory internet slur against people with extreme leftist identity politics beliefs, which you don't even seem to share.

Now, I actually think most of our European posters have an incredible knowledge of the United States, given the fact that they don't live here.  You shouldn't lord it over someone when you have more knowledge of a country you've lived in your entire life.  It's not a contest.  How about being respectful and sharing your knowledge if you think they misunderstand something because of cultural differences or inexperience with your country. 

You both actually seem to have fairly similar politics.  Give it up man.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 07:26:38 PM »

You seem to hate "true leftists," yet you have really arbitrary anger about someone not being left-wing enough or something.  You champion being a "social justice warrior," even though that's mostly a derogatory internet slur against people with extreme leftist identity politics beliefs, which you don't even seem to share.

Now, I actually think most of our European posters have an incredible knowledge of the United States, given the fact that they don't live here.  You shouldn't lord it over someone when you have more knowledge of a country you've lived in your entire life.  It's not a contest.  How about being respectful and sharing your knowledge if you think they misunderstand something because of cultural differences or inexperience with your country. 

Actually the anti-true leftist thing is where I started getting on Gully due to his pro-Nader and anti-Democratic Party hackery. Which is also why I don't see myself having similar politics. Gully was also very critical of Obamamania in 2008, which is one of my proudest ever votes as well.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 07:50:14 PM »

Actually the anti-true leftist thing is where I started getting on Gully due to his pro-Nader and anti-Democratic Party hackery. Which is also why I don't see myself having similar politics. Gully was also very critical of Obamamania in 2008, which is one of my proudest ever votes as well.

Well, I voted for Obama too.  But, it certainly feels like some of his supporters were overzealous and naive, as was the case with every "movement," "insurgent" candidate.  So, it's not a completely invalid criticism.

And, you can't call Gully a true leftist.  Factually incorrect.  Let it go anyway.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 09:41:08 AM »

It's funny how BRTD harps on about someone's stupid comment from nearly a decade ago when he makes incredibly ignorant and logically fallacious statements pretty much every day.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies