After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:44:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17
Author Topic: After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 30038 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2016, 08:37:03 PM »

Think my Euron Volantene gang has been left off the forces though in the scenarios?

Thanks for a v thort provoking turn!

Thank you will add it
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2016, 11:04:52 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2016, 11:18:55 PM by Lumine »

Just curious, Badgate, I had commanded Tarly to come to King's Landing, as well as raising a second host in the Reach (along with some moves in the Crownlands). Was this impossible to do by the start of this turn due to timing?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2016, 10:02:20 PM »

When are turn orders due?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2016, 10:04:35 PM »

I'm writing the mid turn POV Monday and will go ahead and set the end of the turn at one week from tonight.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #229 on: February 14, 2016, 06:00:10 AM »

Balon PoV up; aim to do a Quellon one this turn too later
Metis
Rookie
« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2016, 09:34:55 AM »

So. I was told this place is fun. Which noble house to ruin first and as whom?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #231 on: February 16, 2016, 09:44:04 AM »

Ok, first you're going to have to get to 20 posts in order to send PM's; second, Eddard Stark is going to become available soon, please do not take him, I have placed a dibs on him; third, you're going to have to wait until a character is available.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #232 on: February 16, 2016, 09:50:59 AM »

Also, welcome xxx
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #233 on: February 16, 2016, 01:39:29 PM »

So, when's that pov up? I'm trying to make one for Rickard, but I'm having a serious case of writer's block, and it's affecting this game only.
Weyfield
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #234 on: February 16, 2016, 08:17:19 PM »

There are many middling houses available at present. We have someone playing as Roose Bolton, for example. Any lord you wish should be alright.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2016, 08:39:58 PM »

There are many middling houses available at present. We have someone playing as Roose Bolton, for example. Any lord you wish should be alright.

If I recall correctly, Jon Connington, the Florents, and Orton Merrywether are available.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2016, 08:43:07 PM »

If I recall correctly, Jon Connington, the Florents, and Orton Merrywether are available.

Jon Connington might not be a good choice because Balon Greyjoy is about to execute him.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #237 on: February 16, 2016, 08:43:31 PM »

Jon Connington might not be a good choice because Balon Greyjoy is about to execute him.

Good point lol
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2016, 09:23:33 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2016, 06:51:30 AM by Garlan Gunter »

As per last PoV, JonCon's already drowned.

Totally.

Decided to be a bit more direct than another boring old PoV... x
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2016, 10:31:11 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2016, 10:34:05 AM by Malcolm X »

As per last PoV, JonCon's already drowned.

Totally.

Decided to be a bit more direct than another boring old PoV... x

Re: your proclaim: Err...that's not how trial by combat works.  The one on trial (Quellon) can't use it to do anything but determine their own guilt/innocence nor do they get any say in who they face.  Hoster Tully isn't on trial for anything so there's literally no reason anyone would expect him to have anything to do with your trial by combat.  Your accuser would choose who you face and given that IIRC it is the crown accusing you, the general expectation would be that Quellon face a Kingsguard.  Good luck against the likes of Ser Dayne Tongue

@ Badgate: If we don't have a POV by Sat, can we skip right to end of turn?  Also when will we hear back about mod questions?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2016, 11:32:38 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2016, 11:55:51 AM by Garlan Gunter »

Malcolm,

are you still speaking with Mod authority? x

I am not demanding who I face, just suggesting to H Tully where his honour lies (and hinting it might be a quick way to make up for Rhaegar at same time)

Also ponder - what if I'm not planning to win said trial? xxx

PS Please let it be Dayne! Hilarious narrative outcome given Starfall's beef with me

PPS Hmm...Vicky on the Wall?!
Metis
Rookie
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2016, 12:27:09 PM »

Ok, first you're going to have to get to 20 posts in order to send PM's; second, Eddard Stark is going to become available soon, please do not take him, I have placed a dibs on him; third, you're going to have to wait until a character is available.

No worries, I wasn't hoping to nick the Starks - the popular kids are usually not my taste. But - attagirl - this amusing streak of suspicion might keep good ol' Ned alive a little while longer in this parallel universe.

Ah, great! And actually a bit of a shame - Connington could have been great. I thought actually thought about Varys, maybe the Manderlys, maybe even (already?) coughing Rosby ooor the some Wildlings. But now that I think of it the Florents could be great. I was just hoping for a few general pointers on a position that wouldn't mess up the balance of the game /before/ I joined.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2016, 12:47:47 PM »

Malcolm,

are you still speaking with Mod authority? x

I am not demanding who I face, just suggesting to H Tully where his honour lies (and hinting it might be a quick way to make up for Rhaegar at same time)

Also ponder - what if I'm not planning to win said trial? xxx

PS Please let it be Dayne! Hilarious narrative outcome given Starfall's beef with me

PPS Hmm...Vicky on the Wall?!

I'm not speaking as a mod (obviously), but that doesn't change the fact that we both know I'm right Tongue
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2016, 01:06:55 PM »

No worries, I wasn't hoping to nick the Starks - the popular kids are usually not my taste. But - attagirl - this amusing streak of suspicion might keep good ol' Ned alive a little while longer in this parallel universe.

Ah, great! And actually a bit of a shame - Connington could have been great. I thought actually thought about Varys, maybe the Manderlys, maybe even (already?) coughing Rosby ooor the some Wildlings. But now that I think of it the Florents could be great. I was just hoping for a few general pointers on a position that wouldn't mess up the balance of the game /before/ I joined.

Is there any lesser lord in particular you'd prefer? I don't think any of those names X mentioned were official; you could probably go for any mid-level lord. A Varys might be interesting too. In a few previous games Varys has had differing levels of success.
Metis
Rookie
« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2016, 01:24:41 PM »

It depends. For now I dally with the idea of impersonating Varys, yes. But that would probably require a flood of mails just to get his status quo right, since he's the... twitter expert of Westeros. And as I just mentioned, the more I think of the Florents the more I grow fond of them.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2016, 02:51:47 PM »

It depends. For now I dally with the idea of impersonating Varys, yes. But that would probably require a flood of mails just to get his status quo right, since he's the... twitter expert of Westeros. And as I just mentioned, the more I think of the Florents the more I grow fond of them.

House Florent is a good choice, welcome to the game, but you do have to get that post count to 20 so you can send PMs.
Metis
Rookie
« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2016, 04:00:00 PM »

Yup, I'm aware of my noble duty to engage in idle chatter until I'll be able to do that in private. I'll try my very best.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2016, 08:59:37 PM »

I'll post a list of characters you may join as ASAP, Metis! I'll definitely consider including House Florent, since you mentioned them.

POV will be tomorrow night, I didn't get to start writing it until tonight Sad

If people want more time after the POV before the turn ends we can extend it, but personally I'd like to still end it Saturday at midnight since I'll have the time Sunday to get the end of turn out.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #248 on: February 17, 2016, 09:01:17 PM »

I'll post a list of characters you may join as ASAP, Metis! I'll definitely consider including House Florent, since you mentioned them.

If people want more time after the POV before the turn ends we can extend it, but personally I'd like to still end it Saturday at midnight since I'll have the time Sunday to get the end of turn out.

My vote is definitely for ending it Saturday!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #249 on: February 17, 2016, 09:20:24 PM »

My vote is definitely for ending it Saturday!

Same.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies