After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:56:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17
Author Topic: After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 30030 times)
leonardothered
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: April 08, 2016, 10:23:06 PM »

Raaaaawr
Weyfield
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #376 on: April 08, 2016, 11:45:10 PM »

Indeed.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #377 on: April 10, 2016, 11:42:19 AM »

anticipation teeeetering into alarm
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2016, 12:42:26 PM »

Yeah we are sliding into total inactivity....
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #379 on: April 11, 2016, 04:18:54 AM »

An update of some kind badgate? I realise that you are busy and that your colleague has fecklessly abandoned you to start a boot-making business (inferior boots), but it would be good to know whether this is still on the road! C'mon, we know you're out there...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #380 on: April 11, 2016, 07:16:40 PM »

I think Chris Christie might've eaten Badgate Sad
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #381 on: April 12, 2016, 02:40:52 AM »

Well if we don't get an update soon, I say we call it and begin dishing on various plans Wink
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #382 on: April 12, 2016, 02:41:54 AM »

Well if we don't get an update soon, I say we call it and begin dishing on various plans Wink
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #383 on: April 12, 2016, 04:30:38 AM »

Let's not get too hasty ulp! but yeah troubling.

What's Christie got to do with anything, I thought he already lived inside Trump's stomach?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #384 on: April 12, 2016, 04:06:40 PM »

Seconded
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #385 on: April 12, 2016, 04:12:41 PM »

Badgate hasn't been on the forum since the 9th...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2016, 04:18:03 PM »

Think it would be a real shame to end game unofficially before we hear from badgate but this is fairly frustrating (9th only three days back right? But still)
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #387 on: April 12, 2016, 06:41:39 PM »

He may just not have enough time but doesn't want to let anyone down. I'd offer to help try and finish moderating but being in control of a major house presents problems in that regard.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2016, 06:48:33 PM »

I could do that as well; it'd work with phasing out of House Martell
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #389 on: April 13, 2016, 04:45:22 AM »

I love my krakens too much to take on such noble duties myself! But if we have a self-sacrificing volunteer, I would far rather we operate a transition - and send the replacement all relevant prior info, ravens and moves for last turn - than end this prematurely.

Weyfield
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #390 on: April 13, 2016, 12:35:01 PM »

We could start up another game independent of this one and play it until (and after) Badgate comes back, if he ever does. If he doesn't at least we'll have our new game to get our fix of intrigue and betrayal and all that good stuff.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #391 on: April 13, 2016, 01:08:07 PM »

Mm, m'self I'd rather replace mod and continue this, although I do have certain vestigial ideas for running one of these things if I ever claw enough time (wouldnae be very soon I fear)
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #392 on: April 14, 2016, 01:01:35 AM »

Well if we move forward with this then we still need badgate's info for the next mod.

I may be interested in running another game, but the question of setting has me puzzled unless we create houses from scratch versus choosing a historical period from ASOIAF or pick something more obscure.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #393 on: April 14, 2016, 06:19:03 AM »
« Edited: April 14, 2016, 06:20:57 AM by Garlan Gunter »

Well us players could collectively supply new mod with most relevant info, no?

EDIT: settings - broadly, for Martin - y ones, Blackfyre Rebellion or pre-Conquest, various schemes re: both

otherwise - I'd go wild for either a Black Sails-y pirate game or a Wars of the Roses game...
Weyfield
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #394 on: April 14, 2016, 10:44:21 AM »

An English history one would be great. Maybe near the end of the 14th century with Richard II and all that fun stuff. Though I don't really have the time at the moment to run it myself unfortunately.
In regards to ASOIAF I'd be happy with another one set around the time of the books - maybe at the very end of ADWD. Or perhaps one set just a bit before the conquest and Aegon can invade mid-game.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #395 on: April 14, 2016, 11:55:08 AM »

We could try a game set 20 years after the events of the books, we'd have to make up an ending for it, but I think it'll be fun.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #396 on: April 14, 2016, 12:32:14 PM »

Well it has to have a really interesting political climate, that was partly the problem with this one, there just werent enough differing factions at the beginning imo. It developed pretty well, but that's partly why I'd rather have people create their houses from scratch and then I can create a backdrop accordingly.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #397 on: April 14, 2016, 12:38:24 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2016, 12:41:50 PM by Garlan Gunter »

I think there was nothing wrong with the setting of this game

I was thinking perhaps players controlling minor houses only, all in the same region? E.g. the Riverlands choosing sides re: Blackfyres or under a weak River King like House Teague? (We know quite a lot about a lot of rivery Houses because it's the cockpit of the War of Five Kings...) With mod NPCing crown, Tullys, Teagues or whatever

EDIT: I'd be a bit lairy of a 'post ending' or 'sequel' ASOIAF game, as it would assume a relatively happy and status quo conclusion, which I feel is unlikely...though I'm a little tickled by the idea of a sequel to Lion and the Rose and I expect vets of Clash would feel similarly about that one!

But most importantly badgate, if you are still interested, please do come back xxxxxx
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #398 on: April 14, 2016, 03:53:29 PM »

I know the most about asoiaf, though I know a fair but about lotr, HP, and Star Wars as well. I can't really think of much else I would be capable of running or how games aside from asoiaf would work.

I'd consider a game based around ancient Greece with fictional elements, as I was working on one for a bit.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #399 on: April 14, 2016, 04:09:00 PM »

I think there was nothing wrong with the setting of this game

I was thinking perhaps players controlling minor houses only, all in the same region? E.g. the Riverlands choosing sides re: Blackfyres or under a weak River King like House Teague? (We know quite a lot about a lot of rivery Houses because it's the cockpit of the War of Five Kings...) With mod NPCing crown, Tullys, Teagues or whatever

EDIT: I'd be a bit lairy of a 'post ending' or 'sequel' ASOIAF game, as it would assume a relatively happy and status quo conclusion, which I feel is unlikely...though I'm a little tickled by the idea of a sequel to Lion and the Rose and I expect vets of Clash would feel similarly about that one!

But most importantly badgate, if you are still interested, please do come back xxxxxx

I'd like to request as a favor that there be no sequel to Lion and the Rose.  It took a lot of luck, plotting, hard work, etc for me to fight to a draw against everyone else combined, kill everyone at least once either directly or indirectly, play basically a perfect game, and get an ending to the Others storyline I approved of, etc.  Please don't take that away from me with a semi-sequel that would likely fail to match the original's awesomeness anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies