After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:31:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Author Topic: After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 29978 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2016, 12:26:19 PM »

Huh.

Well, I suppose that's about it for my efforts to keep the peace.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2016, 12:56:48 PM »

Thanks you guys! It was really fun writing Victarion as a teenage as**ole, lmao.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »

Thanks you guys! It was really fun writing Victarion as a teenage as**ole, lmao.

Yeah, it was well written, my heart stopped when Lyanna dropped her sword. I think I'm starting to consider these characters my actual children.
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2016, 01:14:12 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2016, 01:27:41 PM by "Walder Frey" »

Teenage douchebag ninja kraken!

Villain in a longboat

Kraken power!

/needssleep

Edit: I liked the subtle reference to Baelish, btw. Made me chuckle.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2016, 01:36:48 PM »

There will be a second mod POV at the end of this turn.

The turn ends Sunday night 1/31 at midnight Central time zone.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2016, 02:35:57 PM »

Look forward to it!
Weyfield
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2016, 02:52:59 PM »

Any hint to where the second POV will be set?

I may try and bang out a Stannis POV before the end of the turn...
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2016, 05:26:45 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2016, 06:04:23 PM by badgate »

Any hint to where the second POV will be set?

I may try and bang out a Stannis POV before the end of the turn...

I honestly don't know what it'll be yet, but like the previous mod POVs it will be something the player themselves couldn't depict. I'll see what inspires me most based on the orders that are in when I'm ready to start writing.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2016, 06:25:40 AM »

I think I will do a Balon PoV, too, not long before deadline. Can't let Harlaw chapters outnumber Greyjoy ones!
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2016, 08:16:34 AM »

Hah, totes missed that royal decree naming us as traitor.

Er, time for a rethink.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2016, 10:29:46 AM »

Keep it up Waldy, the court's been missing a decent fool since Aerys died x
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2016, 01:06:57 PM »

For the time being, please do not attach me on PMs with your orders (only send them to Badgate).  I will elaborate this evening.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2016, 01:39:56 PM »

For the time being, please do not attach me on PMs with your orders (only send them to Badgate).  I will elaborate this evening.

Just the orders?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2016, 02:39:14 PM »

Just the orders?

No, not even those.  Direct all game-related PMs to Badgate for now.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2016, 11:04:54 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2016, 11:14:02 PM by Malcolm X »

So I was hoping that I might be able to join the game if most players approve.  If it happens, I promise not to in any way use/trade on knowledge from when I moded (most of which will be public knowledge anyway at the end of the turn anyway) and enter as a pragmatic mid-level Lord (Roose! ) so as not to randomly screw up the power-dynamic in the game.  I'd also be willing to forgo having a special ability if necessary.  I know Talleyrand, Badgate, Lumine, Dereich, and Enduro have all signed off on it, but I thought I'd put it out there for the rest of you guys too.  Thoughts?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2016, 11:21:14 PM »

So I was hoping that I might be able to join the game if most players approve.  If it happens, I promise not to in any way use/trade on knowledge from when I moded (most of which will be public knowledge anyway at the end of the turn anyway) and enter as a pragmatic mid-level Lord (Roose! ) so as not to randomly screw up the power-dynamic in the game.  I'd also be willing to forgo having a special ability if necessary.  I know Talley4trand, Badgate, Lumine, Dereich, and Enduro have all signed off on it, but I thought I'd put it out there for the rest of you guys too.  Thoughts?

Fine with me. I would recommend an essosi faction though, or someone like House Velaryon/Rosby so as not to rock Lord's paramounts' boats though. Crownlands factions are all fair game imo, Roose is a but too involved and you far too sneaky

I think we need to have a serious sitdown about your addiction though Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2016, 11:29:52 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2016, 11:47:47 PM by Malcolm X »

So I was hoping that I might be able to join the game if most players approve.  If it happens, I promise not to in any way use/trade on knowledge from when I moded (most of which will be public knowledge anyway at the end of the turn anyway) and enter as a pragmatic mid-level Lord (Roose! ) so as not to randomly screw up the power-dynamic in the game.  I'd also be willing to forgo having a special ability if necessary.  I know Talley4trand, Badgate, Lumine, Dereich, and Enduro have all signed off on it, but I thought I'd put it out there for the rest of you guys too.  Thoughts?

Fine with me. I would recommend an essosi faction though, or someone like House Velaryon/Rosby so as not to rock Lord's paramounts' boats though. Crownlands factions are all fair game imo, Roose is a but too involved and you far too sneaky

Cool, although Roose hasn't really done anything all game and I don't see why my being sneaky should factor into whether or not this is okay for me to do.  My thinking with Roose is 1) right now only Enduro is doing stuff in the North and it'd be fun to add another player there (Enduro actually seemed to like the idea of me joining as Roose, so I doubt we have to worry about rocking a Lord Paramount's boat Tongue ), 2) Roose is probably the only character left who'd be really fun to play as realistically (unless someone dies) without screwing up the current power structure, 3) Essos isn't really involved in anything going on, and 4) Too low a level Lord (like Rosby or Velaryon) would probably restrict my gameplay too much.  
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2016, 11:46:39 PM »

Well, Roose hasn't really done anything all game and I don't see why my being sneaky should factor into whether or not this is okay for me to do.  My thinking with Roose is 1) right now only Enduro is doing stuff in the North and it'd be fun to add another player there, 2) Roose is probably the only character left who'd be really fun to play as realistically (unless someone dies) without screwing up the current power structure, 3) Essos isn't really involved in anything going on, and 4) Too low a level Lord (like Rosby or Velaryon) would probably restrict my gameplay too much. 

Disregarding everything else, I seem to recall a player having pretty great success as a bastard born non-lord with no assets but a few boats...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2016, 11:49:40 PM »

Well, Roose hasn't really done anything all game and I don't see why my being sneaky should factor into whether or not this is okay for me to do.  My thinking with Roose is 1) right now only Enduro is doing stuff in the North and it'd be fun to add another player there, 2) Roose is probably the only character left who'd be really fun to play as realistically (unless someone dies) without screwing up the current power structure, 3) Essos isn't really involved in anything going on, and 4) Too low a level Lord (like Rosby or Velaryon) would probably restrict my gameplay too much. 

Disregarding everything else, I seem to recall a player having pretty great success as a bastard born non-lord with no assets but a few boats...

Garlan's success as Aurane was kind of a one-off though, I think. 
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2016, 11:53:06 PM »

Rosby is a pretty high Lord with lots of land and power, easily more than Roose I'd say. Better land and denser population.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2016, 11:54:28 PM »

Rosby is a pretty high Lord with lots of land and power, easily more than Roose I'd say. Better land and denser population.

So then why not let me be Roose?  He's less powerful and landed by that logic, so it shouldn't be as big a risk of unfairly screwing up the current power dynamic.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2016, 04:57:04 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2016, 06:20:06 AM by Garlan Gunter »

Let him be Roose, the man's long been in love. (And Rosby, seriously? Famous for coughing?)

There's already a clear majority in favour and this is a game for fun so X you should be allowed to do what you want to do. If you were forced to stay a mod while you'd rather be a player, we'd all have less fun

If it was, though, a professional tournament for life, death, gold or silver, I must say I'd have doubts - there are clear advantages from having been a mod, and I know well from the last game you are not a player to leave any advantage unexploited!

My only real concern is whether badgate has the time to mod alone?

EDIT: another point in favour of Roose - fun to have non-Stark viewpoints getting involved I nthe North thread at last

I appreciate the shout-out above to my last piratical outing v much, by the way!

PPS: I have another friend expressing interest, poss for joining in a turn or two, from the same source that brought you Lord Frey so clearly golden, rite?? I wondered what further parts might be open; possibly Varys...?

Weyfield
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2016, 11:12:16 AM »

So long as Badgate is confident he can mod on his own it's fine by me. I think having mid-level lords in the game is quite important. In ASOIAF how the Lord Paramounts deal with the lords under their control is just as important as how they deal with their enemies (See: Robb Stark.)

@Garlan: I imagine Varys would be a difficult one to pull off seeing as he doesn't control any armies or the like. Would he fit the game? I'd suggest your friend pick some mid-level Lord they have an affinity with (JonCon, Rosby, Florent, Hightower, Dayne...)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2016, 01:02:59 PM »

I've decided to approve Malcolm joining as Lord Roose Bolton. However to put space between the information he knows right now as a mod during turn 3, he will not join until start of turn 5.

Malcolm, look for your unique ability via PM this afternoon.
Emmon Frey
Elmo
Rookie
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2016, 01:03:29 PM »

Sounds good to me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies