After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:30:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Author Topic: After The False Spring, the III ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 30016 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: March 13, 2016, 10:24:57 AM »

Teeeeeenterhooks!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #326 on: March 13, 2016, 06:54:28 PM »

Any update about the new turn?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #327 on: March 15, 2016, 12:29:37 AM »

https://youtu.be/9_dBep_55mI
Weyfield
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #328 on: March 15, 2016, 03:45:52 AM »

Somehow I knew what that would be before I clicked it.
Don't sweat it, Badgate. Just keep us updated and we can wait.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #329 on: March 15, 2016, 04:49:47 AM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #330 on: March 15, 2016, 06:18:04 PM »

Are the direwolves mod approved?  That seems kind questionable, if not.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #331 on: March 15, 2016, 08:12:59 PM »

If they are I suppose it's fine, but aren't direwolves kind of an unfair advantage as all the players already have a single special ability of their own? (and as we have seen, direwolves have way too many uses)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #332 on: March 15, 2016, 08:29:29 PM »

If they are I suppose it's fine, but aren't direwolves kind of an unfair advantage as all the players already have a single special ability of their own? (and as we have seen, direwolves have way too many uses)

Not counting the improbable timeline of Rickard finding these pups and getting them all the way to the Riverlands, this wasn't mod approved and I have to nix it, Enduro. Sorry.

You could always try sending in orders searching for Direwolf pups, just as people could be sending orders trying to get and hatch that dragon egg (nobody seems to care about except for me and Han Solo/Davos). Wink + Tongue
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2016, 01:45:07 AM »

Fantastically worded update, and has once again got me chomping at the bit for more!

You seem to get better with every turn; all hail King Badgate!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #334 on: March 16, 2016, 05:25:48 AM »

THEON I

"Look what the fisherman found at Lordsport this morning," Asha remarked brightly.

It was indeed a very curious sight. An enormous, ancient kraken lay beached there, bitten to death by some kind of vampire bat.

"It's not just that," Rodrik pointed out, cuffing his little sister on the face. "There are more of them bobbing in the water."

And indeed there, seven more smaller, fierce krakens out there. The largest had been fighting with a griffin and a stag, but now they all seemed to be the best of friends, riding on top of an exhausted seahorse and looking rather drunk. Two others were also at least half-grown, one bathing in starlight and the other propped up on a spur of twisted rock.

"The others are just babies," Theon observed.

"Yes. But when they are full-grown they will be mighty indeed," Asha argued as she fished one out and put it in a wine-skin of seawater. "I will call mine Gloria, after the famous feminist Gloria Steinem. A woman needs a man like a kraken needs a longship."

"A kraken needs a longship plenty," Rodrik objected as he scooped up his. "Mine will be called Ragnar, after the star of the History Channel's visually impressive but monotonously written Viking drama."

"One of them seems to be frozen," Theon noticed. "We can keep that one for when Maron comes back. I'm calling mine Robb."

"Why?" his siblings asked him, as one.

"Oh, I dunno. That Robert Baratheon who got murdered several turns back sounded pretty chill. I just like the name..."

"Robb!" Rodrik spat scornfully, landing his little brother a fierce kick. "More like...Reek!"
Weyfield
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #335 on: March 16, 2016, 10:17:07 AM »

Brilliant turn update. Thanks for the all the hard work Badgate. Buzzing for next turn.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #336 on: March 16, 2016, 07:17:50 PM »

Can't wait for turn six to start! Smiley
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #337 on: March 16, 2016, 08:50:35 PM »

Was I already in Winterfell when Benjen left?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #338 on: March 16, 2016, 08:56:51 PM »

Was I already in Winterfell when Benjen left?

I thought you were in Riverrun.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #339 on: March 17, 2016, 05:38:02 AM »

Can't Waldy be allowed to fight on as Black Waldy? Last game saw certain triumphs from positions worse than his!

PS: hasn't Lord Tarly got off strangely lightly from his rumble in the jungle? no casualties at all and still in Tumbleton...?!

PPS As ever my quibbling in no way negates my wild appreciation of the update xxx
Weyfield
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2016, 08:35:08 AM »

Can't Waldy be allowed to fight on as Black Waldy? Last game saw certain triumphs from positions worse than his!

PS: hasn't Lord Tarly got off strangely lightly from his rumble in the jungle? no casualties at all and still in Tumbleton...?!

PPS As ever my quibbling in no way negates my wild appreciation of the update xxx

Yeah, it also seems like my 10,000 man sellsword army is unaccounted for in Stannis's army count?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2016, 11:37:33 AM »

I'm pretty sure Black Walder would be dead in half a turn (a turn at most), IMO.  It'd take some serious 10-dimensional chess for him to have any chance of salvaging that situation.  I mean I'd be fine with him re-joining as Black Walder, but just saying...
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #342 on: March 17, 2016, 01:36:07 PM »

I assumed he already was dead considering he's supposedly wandering the Neck and crannogmen and Freys have been at war for centuries
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #343 on: March 17, 2016, 02:43:09 PM »

Well, gentlemen, it's looks like it's the end for me. With the start of university I am increasingly lacking spare time, at least until the first few weeks have stabilized, not to mention Balance of Power and Fear and Loathing demand their share of time as well. As a result, I'm afraid I'll have to drop out.

It's been a remarkable game so far, although I confess my surprise that no one had me killed before... (I've been sort of expecting death since turn two onwards) So thanks to Badgate (and of course, to X) for hosting the game, and best of luck moving forward!
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #344 on: March 17, 2016, 06:07:19 PM »

Right. Unless someone immediately hops over to the Tyrells, I'm out too. I don't care to go this alone or under an NPC and there are no other appealing factions to join.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #345 on: March 17, 2016, 06:12:28 PM »

Right. Unless someone immediately hops over to the Tyrells, I'm out too. I don't care to go this alone or under an NPC and there are no other appealing factions to join.

Couldn't Elmo could take Mace Tyrell since Walder Frey just died?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #346 on: March 17, 2016, 06:24:20 PM »

?

Jon Arryn is hand of the king, I hope you aren't suggesting we're no one lol?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #347 on: March 17, 2016, 07:40:48 PM »

Also that is much the same position I was in during last game but it still worked out. Not about winning or losing Wink
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #348 on: March 17, 2016, 09:33:53 PM »

Turn Six has begun!!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #349 on: March 17, 2016, 09:37:37 PM »

Perhaps Dereich might, if necessary, take over the Tyrells? I must say if I were the Freys, let alone Dorne, I would want to fight on - negotiation and mad stratagems can achieve a lot as I think the last game demonstrated...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies