Does Anyone But dudeabides Use the Proper Titles for Poltiicians?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:48:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does Anyone But dudeabides Use the Proper Titles for Poltiicians?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Anyone But dudeabides Use the Proper Titles for Poltiicians?  (Read 961 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 05, 2015, 06:09:16 PM »
« edited: December 05, 2015, 06:27:16 PM by FreePhoenix »

Dudeabides is the only person I know to actually say "Governor Bush" instead of just "Bush," for instance. Am I missing others that do this? Just a quirk I noticed.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 06:13:20 PM »

Dudeabides is the only person I know to actually say "Governor Bush" instead of just "Governor Bush," for instance.

I usually just say "Governor Bush", though I've also seen "Governor Bush" used.  I even saw somebody say "Governor Bush" once, but I forget who it was.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 06:15:52 PM »

tbh "Governor Bush" is kind of disrespectful; I think "Governor Bush" is more appropriate.

Then again, he always kind of seemed like a "Governor Bush."
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 06:18:01 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2015, 06:21:02 PM by Mr. Morden »

Dudeabides is the only person I know to actually say "Governor Bush" instead of just "Governor Bush," for instance.

I usually just say "Governor Bush", though I've also seen "Governor Bush" used.  I even saw somebody say "Governor Bush" once, but I forget who it was.

Everyone here in Oz snickers when I say "Governor Bush", as they all pronounce it as "Governor Bush", and consider "Governor Bush" to be a silly American-ism.  But that's just how they tend to view politicians here.  Or should I say "poltiicians" as they would in Maine? Wink
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »

I usually just say "Governor Bush", though I've also seen "Governor Bush" used.  I even saw somebody say "Governor Bush" once, but I forget who it was.

Everyone here in Oz snickers when I say "Governor Bush", as they all pronounce it as "Governor Bush", and consider "Governor Bush" to be a silly American-ism.  But that's just how they tend to view politicians here.  Or should I say "poltiicians" as they would in Maine?

You have disrespected my culture by saying "Governor Bush." Just because you followed up with "Governor Bush" doesn't mean you are excused of saying the first. I am extremely offended. If you had any consideration at all, you would know that neither of those ways is correct and that you should be saying "Governor Bush" when you talk about him.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 06:25:23 PM »

Everyone here in Oz snickers when I say "Governor Bush", as they all pronounce it as "Governor Bush", and consider "Governor Bush" to be a silly American-ism.  But that's just how they tend to view politicians here.  Or should I say "poltiicians" as they would in Maine?

You have disrespected my culture by saying "Governor Bush." Just because you followed up with "Governor Bush" doesn't mean you are excused of saying the first. I am extremely offended. If you had any consideration at all, you would know that neither of those ways is correct and that you should be saying "Governor Bush" when you talk about him.

Sorry.  I will refrain from using the g.b. word in the future.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 06:27:42 PM »

Getting real tired of your cultural appropriations, you right wing misogynistic pigs
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 06:28:35 PM »

Dang it Morden, you're so insensitive. Shouldn't we all pronounce it as "Governor Bush," instead of "Governor Bush," so as to not offend Broken System and his culture?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 06:39:27 PM »

Seeing as how Jeb is not currently a Governor, referring to him as "Governor Bush" is not proper.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 06:46:07 PM »

TXCD - he usually includes the party labels in parenthesis behind their names, too, even though we usually all knew who he's talking about.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 06:47:32 PM »

Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, and Mitt Romney were generally called "Governor" even though they were not in that office during their presidential campaigns. Why should Bush be discriminated against?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 09:11:58 PM »

Just say Jeb! already. He doesn't want people to keep in mind he's a Bush, remember?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 09:44:00 PM »

Seeing as how Jeb is not currently a Governor, referring to him as "Governor Bush" is not proper.

I guess you're right. We should probably just refer to him as "Governor Bush" instead. Would make everyone's life easier.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 02:39:14 PM »

Getting real tired of your cultural appropriations, you right wing misogynistic pigs

Huh
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 07:59:22 PM »

Huh

I think he's trying to make fun of the tumblr sjw stereotype
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies