British Concentration Camps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:07:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  British Concentration Camps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: British Concentration Camps  (Read 2168 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: May 21, 2005, 08:35:14 AM »

Ah, the good old days of British Imperialism. I'm glad at least that the British have had the sense to renounce those ways.

One last vestige to shed.  Slan abhaile
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 05:31:46 PM »

but rest assured that the hawaii japanese remember the camps.  when we were in honolulu last summer I got into a long conversation with this really old guy (coulda been anywhere between 60 and 100; he was asian, so who can tell?)  He was obviously of japanese descent, and described to me a vivid recollection of the bombing of pearl harbor.  Said he was working at the time, so he musta been at least 80, and had no doubt that it was his country (the usa) that was in flames.  He then described the horror with which he learned that many of his fellow americans were being concentrated (interned, whatever) into holding facilities, based solely on their ethnicity.  True story.  And interesting to hear it.  My wife, being from Nanjing, and raised to despise the japs, obviously had no patience for him, but I found his story of the morning of December 7, 1942, and its aftermath fascinating.

Did you ever read the Rape of Nanking? Pretty powerful stuff.  (I believe the author killed herself a few months ago.)  It was really sickening how the Japanese officers were having beheading competitions. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies