State your economic, social, environmental, and foreign policy here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:07:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  State your economic, social, environmental, and foreign policy here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: State your economic, social, environmental, and foreign policy here  (Read 3157 times)
Kodratos
Ataturk

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2005, 04:37:05 PM »

I'll do it like the political compass

Social: -1

Economic: -4

Environment: -4

Foreign: +2 or 3
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2005, 05:04:22 PM »

What the hell does liberal/conservative on the foreign policy axis mean? Liberals are more concerned about stopping terrorism than conservatives.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2005, 05:10:29 PM »

What the hell does liberal/conservative on the foreign policy axis mean? Liberals are more concerned about stopping terrorism than conservatives.

....so says posters that believe john kerry actually won ohio.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2005, 05:20:48 PM »

If Bush was any good at fighting terrorism, he would have read that 8/06/01 memo a little more carefully, and not let Iraq distract him from finding Osama.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2005, 05:23:47 PM »

If Bush was any good at fighting terrorism, he would have read that 8/06/01 memo a little more carefully, and not let Iraq distract him from finding Osama.

if i remember correctly, bush was on vacation when the 8/6/01 memo came out.

memo schemo. 

he had brush to clear and golf to play.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2005, 05:52:53 PM »

Conspiracy theories have nothing to do with foreign policy.  Don't bring up irrelevant stuff, man.

he had brush to clear and golf to play.
For the twenty-seventh time since he had been elected to the office.  Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2005, 11:53:34 AM »

Economic Policy:
I believe that the government should give some sort of aid to the poor.  This assistance should be given with the goal of helping the poor achieve financial independence.  I strongly support government funded education and training that would give people the skills they need to take care of themselves.  I also realize that sometimes in an intermediate period the government may need to provide such things as food and shelter until the recipients are capable of providing those things for themselves.  Special attention should be paid to poor children, who have no control over their financial situation.  I support providing healthcare to children who do not have healthcare.  The goal of my economic policy would be to give the poor the support they need while they obtain the tools they need to achieve financial independence.

Environmental Policy:
I believe that some governmental regulations are necessary to protect the environment.  These regulations should not unduly restrict businesses from operating.  The government should preserve some land in its natural state for the benefit of the environment and so that people can enjoy its natural beauty.     

Social Policy:
I am pro-life.  I think the government should consider marriage to be between a man and a woman.  Homosexuals should not be prohibited from living together and having a relationship.  I think that homosexual couples could be granted some of the things that I have heard considered by the Democrats.  I strongly support the right of citizens to own and use guns.  The type of guns allowed may be limited by the government.

Foreign Policy:
I support the giving of aid by the US government to developing countries and countries devastated by disasters.  I do not believe that the United States should leave the United Nations.  I think that it is to our advantage to remain part of the UN.  The UN should never be given too much power because it is not a democratically elected body.  Many of the delegates to the UN are appointed by dictator thugs who have undemocratically seized power.  I believe that the US should not become involved in military conflicts that do not directly influence our national security.  The US should never be prohibited from going to war based on the whims of an international body that has no stake in our own national security.  We could greatly increase our national security by securing our borders from illegal immigrants.  I strongly support legal immigration.  The United States is a country that was built by the hard work of immigrants.   

I would be interested to know where on the political spectrum you would consider me to be.

you sound a tad nationalistic, which is the best invitation to the republican party I know of.  You also seem like a fairly mainstream republican, as I understand it, given your positions.  You seem to have a greater role for government than many republicans do, however, but it's a big tent.

I agree completely with your environmental concerns.  Unlike most of the other issues, if we make mistakes there they're much harder to fix.  I generally prefer to err on the side of ecological over business when I'm unsure.  You realize, though, that the hard-core republicans will give you a hard time over that.  Believe me. 

On your social issue stands, yours seem to be a combination of Moralism and Traditionalism, to use Elazar's language.  I'm a bit of an Individualist, but hey, like I said, it's a big tent.  I think you will find your views at home in the GOP, the Constitution Party, and in a couple of other smaller parties.  Also, in some pockets of the Democrat party your views would be welcome, but probably not on the national level.

I think your Foreign Policy statements are wise, and I may just have to plaigarize some of them.  As far as a label on that part, you're definitely not what is being called a NeoConservative.  But you're not an isolationist either.  Actually, your views seem very mainstream American in this area.  We are a country of immigrants, and in our diversity lies a great deal of our strength.  Nice post.

Don't get too hung up on labels.  A well thought-out series of paragraphs like the one you posted is far superior than a catch phrase.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies