Prog Caucus: June Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:25:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Prog Caucus: June Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Prog Caucus: June Convention  (Read 1756 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2005, 06:10:22 PM »

I would like to suggest we combine the "Progressive" and "Southern" arguments and hold our convention in Tallahassee FL.

Are we even endorsing a candidate in the southeast race?

Siege

I am still a member of this caucus, even though some people may find that funny.  Smiley

Very good then. I endorse Sam Spade.

Siege

Well, thanks for your support Siege in this endorsement process.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2005, 06:12:43 PM »

So are we individually endorsing or will there be a vote?
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2005, 06:14:07 PM »

There's an endorsement process of course, I just rudely forgot about Sam though, so this is how I decided to quickly make it up to him.

Siege
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 04:07:45 PM »

Because of the loss of Peter Bell, I have assumed the Chairmanship of the Progessive Caucus until the convention where a new Chairman and Vice Chairman will be elected. I will countinue on with the good work started by Peter. Stay tuned to the caucus forum, and this thread for futhur notices in the near future. Thank you.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 04:08:46 PM »

Akno would probably be a good new chairman.  Siege would be a good Vice-Chairman.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2005, 05:16:26 PM »

Akno would probably be a good new chairman.  Siege would be a good Vice-Chairman.

I'd be willing to return to leadership if the caucus wants me to, I have served as Chairman before, but I know some people think I hurt whatever organization I lead either directly or indirectly, so I'll gauge caucus opinion before I offically enter or say I'm not interested in the job.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2005, 05:29:14 PM »

Quite frankly, I would be fine with either Akno21, Siege or MAS at the organization's head, if he chooses to run.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2005, 07:24:35 PM »

Quite frankly, I would be fine with either Akno21, Siege or MAS at the organization's head, if he chooses to run.

I am still deciding on whether or not I want to seek the Chairmanship.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2005, 07:29:26 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2005, 07:32:13 PM by Frodo »

can someone please tell me what exactly happened when Akno was chairman of the AFDNC before it imploded?  i keep hearing that he was 'corrupt', but no one, it seems, will elaborate.  i would like to hear the whole story so i can judge it for myself.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2005, 07:36:22 PM »

can someone please tell me what exactly happened when Akno was chairman of the AFDNC before it imploded?  i keep hearing that he was 'corrupt', but no one, it seems, will elaborate.  i would like to hear the whole story so i can judge it for myself.

Basically, I knew about what IrishDemocrat did when he created a voter, then lied about knowing about it for a few months before IrishDem was caught on record saying I knew. It was part of a nasty partisan bloodbath.

However, I do not believe that killed the AFDNC, there are other reasons for that.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2005, 07:41:09 PM »

Basically, I knew about what IrishDemocrat did when he created a voter, then lied about knowing about it for a few months before IrishDem was caught on record saying I knew. It was part of a nasty partisan bloodbath.

that's pretty damn serious, and a dark blot on your record.  i appreciate your candidness, but your actions then are enough for me not to vote for you as the chairman of the Progressive Caucus.  we can't afford to take such a chance, even if you have reformed yourself since then.      

You must be logged in to read this quote.

such as?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2005, 07:48:19 PM »

that's pretty damn serious, and a dark blot on your record.  i appreciate your candidness, but your actions then are enough for me not to vote for you as the chairman of the Progressive Caucus.  we can't afford to take such a chance, even if you have reformed yourself since then.      

such as?

1. We were only as strong as we were in November because there were really only two major parties at that time. It was only a matter of time before new parties came, such as the Union, Farmer Labor, Freedom, etc. that took people from us. In Atlasia, no party can realistically represent half the spectrum.

2. There was a movement to eliminate the real-life parties that had already occured and was always going to occur no matter how clean they were.

3. We lost some good members due to inactivity, Fritz and Defarge.

Basically, we had our time in the sun, in October to November, but no party can do very well for very long in Atlasia, it's natural.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2005, 07:49:52 PM »

I totally understand your worries. I won't do anything like that again, I've seen the consequences. Hopefully time will help, and positive actions.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2005, 03:11:50 PM »

such as?

1. We were only as strong as we were in November because there were really only two major parties at that time. It was only a matter of time before new parties came, such as the Union, Farmer Labor, Freedom, etc. that took people from us. In Atlasia, no party can realistically represent half the spectrum.

Actually I believe you did so well in June because of the defection of key centre-leftists from the AFIP, a split centrist vote, and a weakened UAC. If Hugh hadn't run or had Harry, Nym and IrishDem not defected I cannot see the AFDNC doing as well as it did in that October election. Their weren't two major parties at that time. At that time Atlasia was a five party state consisting of the AFDNC, UL, AFIP, UAC, AFRNC (you could kinda also count the Libertarians but they really weren't that strong).

Very true. That along with the creation of the FLP really led to the downfall of AFDNC. The last deathknell was when the AFDNC was deadlocked on an endorsement and did not endorse either Al or Lewis in the Presidential election, which showed that party unity was all but a myth. Then after Akno resigned from the Chairmanship you saw True Dem and Alcon take over the party, both of whom were not as stalwart Democrats as Fritz or Akno. They really didn't have an reason to keep the party together. Then with the creation of the ILP the last few Democrats, mostly moderates, left the party.

That was definitely another major cause.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2005, 04:16:51 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2005, 07:55:40 PM by Senator MAS117 »

I urge all Caucus members to go to the Voting Booth and vote on the endorsement for Northeast Governor and Convention Site. The booth will be open until Saturday, at 5pm EST. The link is below:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=22705.0

Thank you!

MAS117
Chairman, Progessive Caucus
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2005, 04:17:49 PM »

When will you be endorsing senate races?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2005, 04:24:24 PM »

such as?

Actually I believe you did so well in June because of the defection of key centre-leftists from the AFIP, a split centrist vote, and a weakened UAC. If Hugh hadn't run or had Harry, Nym and IrishDem not defected I cannot see the AFDNC doing as well as it did in that October election. Their weren't two major parties at that time. At that time Atlasia was a five party state consisting of the AFDNC, UL, AFIP, UAC, AFRNC (you could kinda also count the Libertarians but they really weren't that strong).

Assuming you mean October, we actually didn't do that well. We lost a net seat, when Umengus lost to Bono in a race he should have won. The breakthrough time for the left was August, when we gained and set way for the Third Session ultra-liberalness, thanks to Texasgurl and Migrendel winning.

I was talking about November, when we were strongest in terms of having distinguished people in our party. At that point, we had gained Al from the dead UL, and MAS from the dead UAC. The AFIP was already dead, but we already looted the remains of that when the great defection happened.

Very true. That along with the creation of the FLP really led to the downfall of AFDNC. The last deathknell was when the AFDNC was deadlocked on an endorsement and did not endorse either Al or Lewis in the Presidential election, which showed that party unity was all but a myth. Then after Akno resigned from the Chairmanship you saw True Dem and Alcon take over the party, both of whom were not as stalwart Democrats as Fritz or Akno. They really didn't have an reason to keep the party together. Then with the creation of the ILP the last few Democrats, mostly moderates, left the party.

I agree with that, though keep in mind neither Al nor Lewis were AFDNCers, and the whole country was split, so it wasn't possible to have an easy decision there.

That was definitely another major cause.

MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2005, 04:49:23 PM »

When will you be endorsing senate races?

At the convention
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2005, 11:12:57 PM »

The Progessive Caucus forum is up and running again, and I have been given the rest of the moderator powers I need to run the forum from Peter. The link is here:

http://newprogressive.proboards25.com/index.cgi

***Since the board software changed, you will need to enter a date of birth into the forum software if you have not already enterred one. This is a requirement of proboads and there is nothing I can do about it.

If you enter a birth date that has you as less than 13 years old, your account will be automatically deleted by the software. I don't believe we have any users younger than 13, but if we do I'm sure you can think of a way around this problem on your own.***
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2005, 05:43:39 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2005, 10:40:57 PM by Senator MAS117 »

The Progessive Caucus June Convention will start on Sunday, June 5th, 2005.

Please stay tuned for more news & check our forum out at:

http://newprogressive.proboards25.com/index.cgi

Thank you.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2005, 10:41:23 PM »

Due to SAT testing on Saturday, the Progessive Caucus Convention will start on Sunday.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2005, 02:28:03 PM »

Due to SAT testing on Saturday, the Progessive Caucus Convention will start on Sunday.

SATs? Those aren't important. Wink
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2005, 02:30:31 PM »

SATs? Those aren't important. Wink

Not here they aren't, ah, the beauty of no SATs.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies