Office of Ebowed; Senator for the People of the Pacific Region
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:28:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Ebowed; Senator for the People of the Pacific Region
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Ebowed; Senator for the People of the Pacific Region  (Read 843 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 06, 2015, 07:47:13 PM »

Greetings!  This will serve as my Senatorial office.  I welcome feedback from all People of the Pacific Region, as well as anyone else who may need a sympathetic ear!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 12:10:20 AM »

And I thought the days of the Pacific being represented by one of bgwah's homeboys was over years ago. Tongue
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 02:30:54 AM »

And I thought the days of the Pacific being represented by one of bgwah's homeboys was over years ago. Tongue

Always good to see you, my friend.  I look forward to cementing your legacy as one of our great bipartisan environmentalists. Grin
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 02:44:39 AM »

Always good to see you, my friend.  I look forward to cementing your legacy as one of our great bipartisan environmentalists. Grin

Conservatism doesn't have to be anti-environment, that is largely the work of special interests the votes being won and their preferences that defines the ideology in such fashion. Tongue

You still support Judicial Independence?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 05:22:45 AM »

I support a strong judiciary that is not beholden to concerns relating to popularity, electability or a continuous confirmation process.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 05:26:58 PM »

I'm pleased to announce that I will make a run for election to a full term.

As an active, dedicated public servant with a long history of public service (as Senator, Governor, and Chief Judicial Officer for the Pacific Region, I know our needs all too well), I look forward to a spirited campaign and I intend to fully defend my record - which is one of amicability and working across ideological lines to achieve results.  I believe we have exceeded all expectations in this area and we fully intend to continue across those lines.

In my short time in the Senate, we have already managed to pass the first piece of signature legislation for the Earth Liberation Front - a bill that attempts to address both our dwindling supply of helium and the devastation that litter brings to our wildlife.  We have managed to stand strong in the face of ISIL and their terrorist attacks by re-affirming our commitment to a pro-immigration, pro-refugee policy that welcomes people regardless of their ethnicity, religious persuasion, or national background.  We have worked tirelessly to protect the rights of women in the face of a sick, twisted agenda to strip them of their reproductive autonomy and create a bureaucratic nightmare for those women who seek to utilize certain health services.

Some may call our agenda too narrow or too insignificant, but that is surely a misrepresentation of the breadth of what we seek to accomplish for The People.  We will stand strong in the face of personal attacks and petty political disputes to ensure that our hard work continues.  Only until The People of the Pacific Region have equality in access to opportunities, and our wildlife adequately protected, will we stand down in our fight to ensure income equality and strong environmental protections.

Thank you all, and I hope I can receive your support! Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 04:44:41 PM »

My friends, colleagues, and supporters;

Today we concede this election to Potus, and congratulate him on his substantial victory.  We wish him the best of luck in his service to the people of the Pacific Region.  I'd also like to thank Councillor 1184AZ for running a spirited campaign, and in doing so, earning the respect of our fair people.  I believe he has a bright future ahead in the game and I look forward to supporting his efforts to spur our activity with constructive ideas.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me, and especially to Governor Turkisblau for his confidence in my appointment.

It has been an honor and a privilege to serve the people of the Pacific Region.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 04:51:03 PM »

Thank you for your Service to our Region, you ran a strong Campaign.Wish you the very best in your future time in Atlasia.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 04:53:55 PM »

Thank you for the well wishes, ebowed. You had me scared there for a bit. Jon well done.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 06:37:49 PM »

Horrible news! I wouldn't worry too much, though: both you and 1184AZ will have plenty of chances to jockey for the seat next month when it goes vacant once again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdtfcOlr0tk
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 06:26:43 PM »

Friends,
I have declared my intention to run in the special election this weekend for the Class I Senate seat.

I will remain my allegiance to the Earth Liberation Front, a largely politically Independent entity, but it is my intention to broadly caucus with the Labor Party on affairs where I have not staked out a precise position with the ELF.  I believe this will provide an opportunity to all members of the Western states, who often may be more conservative than I, to ensure that their Senator is Independent but also working constructively for Atlasia's best interests.

But make no mistake, I will work with anyone to protect our natural environment; I will work with anyone to protect the rights and conditions of working men and women across this country; and I will always do my best to ensure fair, open, and transparent government that is responsive to the concerns of those who give us the confidence to govern, the voters.

Please direct any questions you may have here and I look forward to answering them, and I do hope that I could have the great privilege of earning your trust in the upcoming special election.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 06:43:21 PM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed!, you will bring a great deal of experience to the Senate in such a pivotal time. 
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 06:55:28 PM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed!, you will bring a great deal of experience to the Senate in such a pivotal time. 

Thanks for your support!  It is much appreciated. Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 12:30:44 AM »

My friends,

It is clear that the Western states do not want me to represent them in the Senate, and I respect their decision.  I offer congratulations to my opponent and wish him the best of luck.

Thanks to all of the voters and thanks in particular to 1184AZ who continues to tirelessly devote his time and efforts to making our nation a fairer place.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies