Strauss and Howe four turnings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:09:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Strauss and Howe four turnings
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strauss and Howe four turnings  (Read 167 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 07, 2015, 12:39:09 AM »

what's your thought on it? In my view its pretty arbitrary and i think its hard to scientifically classify a generation. Nonetheless, I'm of the view is that to the extent it could be done, there need to be more generations -in my view a core of each generation and hybrids/gray areas.

I'll start with the Post WWII generation

Silent Generation Core (born in the late 20s/early 30s) - these were the kids in high school/college during the Truman years and the ones who were getting married at record numbers in the Eisenhower years.

Fringe Generation I (Mid 30s to Mid 40s) - elements of both silents and boomers. A lot of boomer icons were born in this time frame. This was the first generation to stop having children in large numbers and were the parents of the Xers.

Boomer Core (late 40s and early 50s) - these were the kids who experienced all the great stuff (and bad stuff) of the counterculture.

Late Boomer/Fringe Generation II (mid 50s to mid 60s) - they were largely children of the Silent Generation and came of age more in the era of punk music.

X core (late 60s/early 70s) - they were the teenagers in the reagan and bush sr years - grunge, mtv etc

Fringe Generation III - mid 70s to mid 80s - came of age in the 90s and mostly children of the boomer core. Most parents with young children are of this generation now

Millenial Core - late 80s and early 90s. Grandchildren of the Silents and children of Fringe Generation II. They are the generation of 9/11, Campus SJWs and IPhones.

anyone think that this makes more sense than Strauss and Howe's classifications?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies