The Southern Biscuitte
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:45:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Southern Biscuitte
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Southern Biscuitte  (Read 3734 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2016, 10:48:34 PM »
« edited: February 21, 2016, 10:50:28 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

President Adam Griffin: 46 Votes (45.09%)
Governor Leinad: 44 Votes (43.13%)
Fmr. Governor Winfield: 12 Votes (11.76%) (eliminated)

The Election is still TOO CLOSE TO CALL. We're still defending that position, but the election, as we have predicted, has narrowed. So Griffin fans, don't get too comfortable yet, and Leinad fans, don't get too down or too hopeful. This could actually be the tie, we doubt it but hey, ya never know. This election was prematurely called by the networks and it still is wild and wacky.

President Griffin wins the Northeast, and Mideast or so he is ahead at this time. Governor Leinad is ahead in the Pacific Region, The South, and narrowly ahead in the Midwest. Former Northeast Governor Winfield is not ahead in any region. We can not project the presidency at this time.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2016, 10:49:49 PM »

Thanks guys! btw
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2016, 10:53:15 PM »

Where do you get. Your figures , Truman has +8 for Griffin I have + 4.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2016, 11:00:17 PM »

There are a few hours left till the last polls are closed and at this point it seems like the liberal media is trying to seal the momentum behind President Griffin and cause him to win by misinforming the voters perhaps?
Wow, just wow. You know you've won when the other side starts hurling unfounded accusations.

For your information, I was running a successful and respected news outlet long before you joined the game. I have covered four presidential elections and six Senate races and have never called one wrong. I called the race for Griffin because, based on a number of observable statistics - turnout, the partisan affiliation and activity of outstanding voters, the margin of the vote at this hour, and historic voting patterns - I believe that it is highly unlikely that Leinad will win this election. You're free to disagree, but attacking my ethics is another matter. In calling the presidential race, I used the same standards and models that I used to project PiT and Potus the winners of their respective Senate races - I notice you didn't have a problem with that.

As Yankee and Leinad well know, I have never let my partisan feelings interfere with my coverage of the news. I'll thank you not to suggest that in the future.

I never accused you of such things, Senator, however this election is far from over. This will go on until the last minute. I wasn't attacking your ethics and if you believe I was I'm sorry.
You said that the "liberal media" was attempting to "seal the momentum" behind the president by "misinforming the voters." That's not a complicated statement: it clearly implies that myself and Clyde are little more than party hacks who lied to the people in an attempt to rig the election, which is simply not true. You're free to argue the opposite position - who knows, maybe you're right - but insinuating that everyone who disagrees with you is a hack and a liar is a low blow. I'm glad to hear that such is not your intention.

He's probably not subtracting likely invalid votes - by my count, 6 ballot papers will likely be rejected for  various reasons (failing to meet activity requirements, violations of the 20 minute rule). It's also possible that he counted Rogue Beaver's vote as for Leinad/Cris when in fact he voted for Cris/Leinad - I almost made that mistake myself!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2016, 04:12:57 PM »

There are a few hours left till the last polls are closed and at this point it seems like the liberal media is trying to seal the momentum behind President Griffin and cause him to win by misinforming the voters perhaps?
Wow, just wow. You know you've won when the other side starts hurling unfounded accusations.

For your information, I was running a successful and respected news outlet long before you joined the game. I have covered four presidential elections and six Senate races and have never called one wrong. I called the race for Griffin because, based on a number of observable statistics - turnout, the partisan affiliation and activity of outstanding voters, the margin of the vote at this hour, and historic voting patterns - I believe that it is highly unlikely that Leinad will win this election. You're free to disagree, but attacking my ethics is another matter. In calling the presidential race, I used the same standards and models that I used to project PiT and Potus the winners of their respective Senate races - I notice you didn't have a problem with that.

As Yankee and Leinad well know, I have never let my partisan feelings interfere with my coverage of the news. I'll thank you not to suggest that in the future.

I never accused you of such things, Senator, however this election is far from over. This will go on until the last minute. I wasn't attacking your ethics and if you believe I was I'm sorry.
You said that the "liberal media" was attempting to "seal the momentum" behind the president by "misinforming the voters." That's not a complicated statement: it clearly implies that myself and Clyde are little more than party hacks who lied to the people in an attempt to rig the election, which is simply not true. You're free to argue the opposite position - who knows, maybe you're right - but insinuating that everyone who disagrees with you is a hack and a liar is a low blow. I'm glad to hear that such is not your intention.

He's probably not subtracting likely invalid votes - by my count, 6 ballot papers will likely be rejected for  various reasons (failing to meet activity requirements, violations of the 20 minute rule). It's also possible that he counted Rogue Beaver's vote as for Leinad/Cris when in fact he voted for Cris/Leinad - I almost made that mistake myself!

Oh haha I thought he meant Leinad/Cris so I counted it and well I mean I didn't mean to imply it but in my opinion the election was far from over.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2016, 04:32:05 PM »

Last night, we are able to say positively that President Griffin was re-elected. It was by a comfortable margin, which is impressive due to the Federalists taking 3 Senate seats. It looks like we'll have four more years! Governor Leinad's future is unknown, he is seen as a potential June Presidential Contender. We are proud to have broadcasted this election to the Atlasian public, and will see you for June's.

President Adam Griffin: 47.11% (49 votes)
Governor Leinad: 45.19% (47 votes, 2 after deadline)
Fmr. Gov. Winfield: 11.53% (12 votes)

GRIFFIN WINS SECOND TERM!!!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2016, 06:25:25 PM »

Hello everyone! It's been a while, but we're back. We have a lot of news to deliver!'

First off, to the Juicy world of politics! Mhm. As many of you likely know, our governor, Leinad has lost the Presidential Election, yet gave President Griffin a run for his money. Also, our Legislature Speaker, Haslam2020 announced his run for a third term after an emotional speech. He is seen as a favorite for re-election.

Speaker Haslam announcing his bid for a third term in the Legislature, after rpeviously saying he wouldn't seek a third term.

Secondly, the state of California is being rocked. Los Angeles surrogate mom, Melissa Cook is facing tough circumstances. She was carrying triplets as a surrogate and the father, a Georgia native demanded an abortion for all three babies claiming he didn't have enough money to take care of triplets. She refused and said she was pro-life, later the father said he just wanted one abortion. The father then decided to sue for custody, and sued the state of California for it's surrogate laws. The triplets were delivered, but the father was given custody. Cook heard the babies cry, so she knows they're alive, but she was not allowed to see and does not know the current state of the children.

Police officers say two dozen people inside a U.S. Customs and Border protection office in Alameda were quarantined after an employee opened a suspicious package and became very ill.
A police official says hazmat teams and firefighters are on the scene and that some of the quarantined employees are being allowed to leave the building.

A powerful storm system rocked the South today. It caused several tornadoes and there were even a few deaths, it seems the South has been getting bad weather recently. Meteorologists warned that this storm barrage is not over yet and will get worse, almost 90 million people are at risk.

That's all for now! We'll see ya soon!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2016, 05:07:08 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2016, 02:39:36 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

SOUTHERN LEGISLATURE ELECTION FIRST RESULTS!!!

Map of the South.

Southern Legislature Election, March 2016 Results (so far)Sad

Speaker Haslam2020 (F-TN)- 1 Vote, leading in 1 state
Assemblyman Pingvin (F-TX)- 1 Vote, leading in 1 state
Assemblyman Steelers (L-SC)- 0 Votes, leading in 0 states
Candidate Southern Gothic (L-LA)- 0 votes, leading in 0 states

The Southern Legislature Election is underway. As of know, very early results are reporting that Speaker Haslam and Assemblyman Pingvin right now are each tied at one vote, so 50% each. There are results that will come later, this is very early on just to let you know, when more Federalist and Laborite voters come out this'll be a whole different ball game. This is what is supposed to happen.

SPRIAL CONFIRMATION FIRST RESULTS!!!

Map of the Vote on the Confirmation of Spiral as the South's Judicial Overlord.

Confirmation of Spiral as Judicial Overlord Results (so far)Sad

Aye: 2 votes
Nay: 0 Votes

Aside from that, we some more election news. With the first two votes that are in, both have voted "Aye" on the Confirmation of Spiral as the South's Judicial Overlord. Nothing really surprising. There will be more votes on his confirmation, though.

THE PEOPLE'S GOVERNMENT AMENDMENT FIRST RESULTS!!!

Map of the Vote on the passing of the People's Government Amendment.

The People's Government Amendment Vote (so far)Sad

Aye: 2 votes

Right now, the People's Government Amendment is passing unanimously, this is expected to receive some stiff opposition though. Let's see what happens this weekend.

Aside from the Election News, several prominent politician have decided to condemn ISIS for the horrific California attacks, including President Griffin, Governor Ted Bassell, Governor Leinad, Governor Blair, Kingpolean, Speaker Haslam, and everyone else, shifting many focuses to foreign policy and the defeat of ISIS, is a war upcoming? Who knows?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2016, 12:18:29 AM »

[nerd]

I'd probably do the colors like this:

Haslam - Orangered - highest ranking Federalist running.
Pingvin - Gold - close to orangered, and also close to his avatar but still readable (yellow and beige suck on a gray background--I normally cheat and use plain orange when yellow is needed).
Steelers - Maroon - Labourite incumbent.
Southern Gothic - Green - I attach populism to the color green (it comes from both agrarianism and the Nolan Chart, where I associate blue with the right quadrant, yellow with the libertarian quadrant, and red with the left quadrant--the Microsoft Logo must be finished! Tongue) plus he's more moderate than Steelers, sort of like The People's Party (which is now a shell of a shadow of what it used to be). He could also be brown (close to maroon, sort of populist-y) but I'd prefer green as brown is commonly associated with fascism.

Alternates for the Federalists:

Haslam - Blue - more moderate Federalist, plus your R- avatar.
Pingvin - Orangered - more experienced/ideological Federalist.

Last election I had Haslam as orangered, Pingvin as gold, YoungConservative as blue, Kingpoleon as gray, and Steelers as maroon, for reference.

You're current colors are okay, though, outside of the fact that Pingvin is invisible. #PhantomPingvinForLegislature Tongue

[/nerd]
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2016, 02:38:44 PM »

[nerd]

I'd probably do the colors like this:

Haslam - Orangered - highest ranking Federalist running.
Pingvin - Gold - close to orangered, and also close to his avatar but still readable (yellow and beige suck on a gray background--I normally cheat and use plain orange when yellow is needed).
Steelers - Maroon - Labourite incumbent.
Southern Gothic - Green - I attach populism to the color green (it comes from both agrarianism and the Nolan Chart, where I associate blue with the right quadrant, yellow with the libertarian quadrant, and red with the left quadrant--the Microsoft Logo must be finished! Tongue) plus he's more moderate than Steelers, sort of like The People's Party (which is now a shell of a shadow of what it used to be). He could also be brown (close to maroon, sort of populist-y) but I'd prefer green as brown is commonly associated with fascism.

Alternates for the Federalists:

Haslam - Blue - more moderate Federalist, plus your R- avatar.
Pingvin - Orangered - more experienced/ideological Federalist.

Last election I had Haslam as orangered, Pingvin as gold, YoungConservative as blue, Kingpoleon as gray, and Steelers as maroon, for reference.

You're current colors are okay, though, outside of the fact that Pingvin is invisible. #PhantomPingvinForLegislature Tongue

[/nerd]

Alright, the new colors will be posted soon! And lmao XD, and true I doubt Gothic is a fascist XD.
Hmm I'll go the first option, to sort of bring back those old feelings! And XDD

Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2016, 02:54:12 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2016, 08:49:37 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

Map of the South.

Southern Legislature Election, March 2016 Results (17.3% turnout)Sad

Assemblyman Pingvin (F-TX)- 2 Votes, leading in 2 states
Speaker Haslam2020 (F-TN)- 1 Vote, leading in 1 state
Assemblyman Steelers (L-SC)- 1 Vote, leading in 1 state
Candidate Southern Gothic (L-LA)- 0 votes, leading in 0 states

The Southern Legislature Election is underway, it so far has 17.3% turnout, Assemblyman Pingvin, Federalist from Texas is leading in two states with two votes. Speaker Haslam and Assemblyman Steelers are tied for second, each with one vote, leading in one state each. Candidate Southern Gothic has 0 votes, and is not leading anywhere.

Confirmation of Spiral as Judicial Overlord Results (17.3% turnout)Sad

Aye: 4 votes

Aside from that, we some more election news. With the first two votes that are in, both have voted "Aye" on the Confirmation of Spiral as the South's Judicial Overlord. Nothing really surprising. There will be more votes on his confirmation, though.

The People's Government Amendment Vote (17.3% turnout)Sad

Aye: 4 votes

Right now, the People's Government Amendment is passing unanimously, this is expected to receive some stiff opposition though. Let's see what happens this weekend.

Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2016, 04:29:46 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: HASLAM SPEECH LIVE FROM ELECTION HQ
We'd like to take a break from our normal election programming since nothing new has happened.... Speaker Haslam is addressing the press on the State of Atlasia. Let's tune in:

HASLAM STATEMENT ON THE CIVIL VIOLENCE IN ATLASIA:

"Hello my fellow, southerners, no Atlasians. We are at a key point in the very fate, survival of this great nation. As many of you have heard by now, there has been violent actions against Muslims, against the violators, it's just violence everywhere, and as an Atlasian it makes me sick that the arguments of the radicals on both sides are picking up steam. First off, to the Muslims, I understand you are in pain. The whole nation is in pain over what happened in California, I understand your struggle with some ignorant, hateful people. This is sadly, not the first time that this has ever happened in our land, and it likely won't be the last. They are in the wrong too, let's address them. I understand you're in pain too, all of Atlasia is but moving towards a race-hating-religion-hating society is not the way forward to peace and prosperity. We should not keep hate in our hearts at this time, but love for the people of all regions of this great nation, to unite together against evil. I do not want this, nor Sharia law for my future children and grandchildren, as I'm sure the majority of you don't want. Let us unite, regardless of religion, race, skin color, sexual orientation, values, gender, past and let us all UNITE AGAINST THE FACE OF EVIL. A House divided against itself can not stand. Good day, thank you, and may Atlasia be blessed. I encourage all of you regardless of religion, to pray or meditate or hope or whatever you do for our great nation."
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2016, 08:12:23 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2016, 10:06:23 PM by Governor Leinad »

Where's Puerto Rico in your map? (I think I just became "that guy" Tongue)

Also, no one from NC has voted so far--don't let his Cruz-inspired avatar confuse you, Classic is registered in Texas. Also, for reference, Spiral is registered in Alabama, ElectionsGuy is registered in Texas, Miles is registered in Georgia, PiT is registered in Louisiana, Goldwater is registered in Arkansas, TexasGurl is registered in Texas, Flo is registered in Puerto Rico, and Jbrase is registered in Tennessee. Everyone else, I believe, is registered in the same state as their avatar (source for all the registration information: Clyde's census data).

Preference chart:

2nd Prefs:
HaslamPingvinSteelersGothicTotal
Speaker Haslam2020 (Fed-TN)
 1stLegislator Pingvin       (Fed-TX)
Prefs:Legislator Steelers      (Lab-SC)
Mr. Southern Gothic   (Lab-LA)
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2016, 08:40:10 PM »

Where's Puerto Rico in your map? (I think I just became "that guy" Tongue)

Also, no one from NC has voted so far--don't let his Cruz-inspired avatar confuse you, Classic is registered in Texas. Also, for reference, Spiral is registered in Alabama, ElectionsGuy is registered in Texas, Miles is registered in Georgia, PiT is registered in Louisiana, Goldwater is registered in Arkansas, TexasGurl is registered in Texas, Flo is registered in Puerto Rico, and Jbrase is registered in Tennessee. Everyone else, I believe, is registered in the same state as their avatar (source for all the registration information: Clyde's census data).

Preference chart:

2nd Prefs:
  1stLegislator Pingvin       (Fed-TX)
Prefs:Legislator Steelers      (Lab-SC)
Mr. Southern Gothic   (Lab-LA)

Thank you and XD ok, I'll add it as soon as there are votes cast from it! Thank you!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2016, 08:55:52 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 01:15:55 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

Map of the Southern Legislature Election so far, by state.

Southern Legislature Election, March 2016 Results (33% turnout)Sad

Speaker Haslam2020 (F-TN)- 3 Votes, leading in 3 states (43%)
Assemblyman Pingvin (F-TX)- 3 Votes, leading in 2 states (43%)
Assemblyman Steelers (L-SC)- 1 Vote, leading in 1 state (14%)
Candidate Southern Gothic (L-LA)- 0 votes, leading in 0 states (0%)

The Southern Legislature Election is underway, it so far has 33% turnout. Speaker Haslam and Assemblyman Pingvin are each tied for first, having 3 votes each. Assemblyman Steelers is in a distant third with one vote, which we expect to change. Southern Gothic hasn't received a single first preference vote yet. We expect this to change, however.

Confirmation of Spiral as Judicial Overlord Results (17.3% turnout)Sad

Aye: 7 votes (100%)
Nay: 0 Votes (0%)

Aside from that, we some more election news, on Spiral's confirmation. He will likely be unanimously elected, he has 7 aye votes so far, no nays.

The People's Government Amendment Vote (17.3% turnout)Sad

Aye: 6 votes (86%)
Abstain: 1 Vote (14%)

Right now, the People's Government Amendment is passing unanimously, it has one abstention though.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2016, 01:38:51 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 05:23:33 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

SOUTHERN LEGISLATURE ELECTION RESULTS!!!

Speaker Haslam2020 (F-TN)- 3 Votes, leading in 3 states (33%)
Assemblyman Pingvin (F-TX)- 3 Votes, leading in 2 states (33%)
Assemblyman Steelers (L-SC)- 3 Votes, leading in 2 states (33%)

The Southern Legislature Election is underway, it so far has 43% turnout. Speaker Haslam and Assemblyman Pingvin, along with Assemblyman Steelers are each tied with three votes, which we expect to change. Southern Gothic hasn't received a single first preference vote yet. We expect this to change, however.

Confirmation of Spiral as Judicial Overlord Results (43% turnout)Sad

Aye: 9 votes (100%)

Aside from that, we some more election news, on Spiral's confirmation. He will likely be unanimously elected, he has 9 aye votes so far, no nays. We are nearing a projection, if he gets a couple more votes we'll project the seat for him.

The People's Government Amendment Vote (43% turnout)Sad

Aye: 8 votes (88%)
Abstain: 1 Vote (12%)

Right now, the People's Government Amendment is passing unanimously, it has one abstention though. We're getting ready to make a projection on the Amendment's passing.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2016, 04:07:06 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 04:34:09 PM by Governor Leinad »

Preference chart:

2nd Prefs:

Fun facts: one third of the voters so far are registered in Texas. Pingvin is winning the state 2-1, which makes sense as it's his home state. Haslam has only received votes in either Tennessee, his home state, or states bordering Tennessee. Steelers has only received votes in coastal states.

Unsolicited Decision Desk

Without permission from anyone by myself to make calls, using the demographics of voters left over, the votes currently cast, and the time in the election, I can make the following calls:

-Spiral will be confirmed as Judicial Overlord decisively.

-The People's Government Amendment will pass.

-Speaker Haslam and Legislator Pingvin will be re-elected to the Legislature, based on their current tally of first- and second-preference votes, and the makeup of the remaining voters. Steelers is likely to also be re-elected, but I can not make a call on that, given the amount of voters that haven't yet voted.

(Disclaimer: I'm not saying any of that officially as South Governor. This is merely me making calls because Haslam is trigger-shy on projecting races, apparently. Tongue)

Unofficial News Ticker - Spkr. Haslam, Leg. Pingvin re-elected, according to projections - Spiral confirmed as Judicial Overlord - the People's Government Amendment projected to pass - Gov. Leinad, Spkr. Haslam attend benefit concert in Dallas in reaction to Thursday's terror attack in Pacific - Gov. Leinad not to run for third term, successor unknown - C.X. Smith first to announce for next month's Senate race - Gov. Ted Bessell appoints self to ConCon - principle vote on Supreme Court justice retention could go three different ways - Unofficial News Ticker
Now that's what I call a news ticker!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2016, 05:21:35 PM »

Thanks for the info! Imma post something up soon!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »

SOUTHERN LEGISLATURE ELECTION RESULTS!!!

Speaker Haslam2020 (F-TN)- 3 Votes, leading in 3 states (33%)
Assemblyman Pingvin (F-TX)- 3 Votes, leading in 2 states (33%)
Assemblyman Steelers (L-SC)- 3 Votes, leading in 2 states (33%)

The Southern Legislature Election is underway, it so far has 43% turnout. Speaker Haslam and Assemblyman Pingvin, along with Assemblyman Steelers are each tied with three votes, which we expect to change. Due to the results of different preferences, we can now project that Speaker Haslam and Assemblyman Pingvin WILL be re-elected. Though Steelers is likely to be re-elected, he isn't out of the woods yet. Candidate Southern Gothic is likely to lose if the current vote-pattern continues.

SPRIAL CONFIRMED!!!

Confirmation of Spiral as Judicial Overlord Results (43% turnout)Sad

Aye: 9 votes (100%)

Aside from that, we some more election news, on Spiral's confirmation. He will likely be unanimously elected, he has 9 aye votes so far, no nays. We have projected that Spiral will be confirmed as Judicial Overlord.

THE PEOPLE'S GOVERNMENT AMENDMENT PASSES!!!

The People's Government Amendment Vote (43% turnout)Sad

Aye: 8 votes (88%)
Abstain: 1 Vote (12%)

Right now, the People's Government Amendment is passing unanimously, it has one abstention though. We can now project that the Amendment will pass.

HASLAM, LEINAD at Benefit concert!!!
We're getting news that Governor Leinad has declared his intent NOT too seek a third term. This was announced in Dallas, TX, at a benefit concert that is designed to raise awareness for the Terror Attacks in the Pacific Region. Speculations on his successor are already beginning.

Let's tune in to Speaker Haslam's victory speech tonight. Hold on....
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2016, 05:49:06 PM »

SPEAKER HASLAM STATEMENT:

TSB PROJECTION: HASLAM, PINGVIN RE-ELECTED!!!!

Speaker Haslam delivering his victory speech live.. from Dallas, TX.

"Wow! What an amazing, huge crowd! Thank you. Though I hate not to be on Knoxville on such a beautiful night, I have a duty to my country. We must unite, not divide in such hard times like these. The only reason I'm talking about me being re-elected with YUGGGEEEEEE numbers right now is because TSB just projected it for me. The people of the South sent a clear, resolute message this weekend. We want our principles to be protected by outsiders. Not just me, but Pingvin, too. This was a hell of an election, thank you. I will continue to work for you, just you. But I must thank everyone who voted, not even voters for me, even laborites for participating in our great Atlasian democracy. I thank my supporters, my friends, my family. I love you all. Thank you!"

(a little bit later)

"As I have said before, several, many times actually, we must unite against evil. This does not mean uniting against a whole entire group based on race or religion. This means uniting against pure evil, ISIS. We must not ever late hate to sink into our hearts, yet unite and love. And to the people of ISIS: Beware. This concert has a noble cause, that's why I went from the incredibly beautiful city of Knoxville, my hometown, where I was raised all my life, to come here. Because I think it's even more beautiful when countrymen, regardless of religion, race, political views, gender, sexuality, everything, unite together against evil. This has been a great event. And to our incredible Governor Leinad, he's loved by everyone, we'll miss ya, but hopefully you'll be back soon! We shall continue on your legacy, you have restored the South, sir!"
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2016, 09:58:46 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 10:01:14 PM by Governor Leinad »

Georgia is now tied between Haslam and Steelers (so...diagonal lines of orangered and maroon? Yikes...).

Polls close in a little over two hours, FTR. I bet we'll get at least one more vote, although perhaps more likely two.

Oh, and for the sake of factual accuracy I first said I wasn't going to run for another term more than a month ago. Although I did re-affirm it when questioned by a reporter in Dallas. My news ticker wasn't all "breaking" news, just stuff pertinent to now, with an emphasis on the South.

Preference chart:

2nd Prefs:
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2016, 05:40:05 PM »

THE SOUTHERN BISCUIT: TERRORISM

As a result of heavy investigation into the matter, the authorities have discovered that there are ZERO ISIS MILITANTS in the South. ISIS has pledged to smuggle more militants into Texas for an attack on Dallas. Hopefully, it is nothing but a threat.

THE RADICAL RELIGION WAR

Pro-Muslim groups protesting.

There is an all out almost religious war in Atlasia right now. There has been intense hate between two factions. The Pro-ISIS Muslims are clashing with the Pro-KKK-Jimboesque groups. This may end up being a new era of hate in Atlasia. Many political leaders have called for unity and the destruction of ISIS, including Governor s Leinad, Ted Bassell, Blair, everyone really, including the Southern Speaker, too... Which gets us to our next topic.

THE SOUTHERN GUBERNATORIAL RACE

Speaker Haslam, the frontrunner for the April Governor race.

Speaker Haslam announced his candidacy about a week ago, he has since become the consensus Federalist choice for Governor, campaigning on libertarian principles and continuing Governor Leinad's "era of prosperity". He was endorsed by several Federalist Party officials and a few Laborites and an independent. There are no other candidates for the Governorship this April, though many Laborites have ruled themselves out, Steelers is still a potential contender. Due to voter demographics, we are going to rate this race as LIKELY F. Let's see what happens, though.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2016, 04:07:08 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2016, 11:48:54 AM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

LIVE: THE SOUTHERN GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION!

Map of the Southern Electoral Map so far.

The Southern Gubernatorial Election, April 2016 Results (47% turnout)Sad

Speaker Haslam2020: 6 Votes, 54.4% (4 States + 1 shared)
Jud. Overlord Spiral: 5 Votes 45.6% (3 States + 1 shared)

Welcome to the TSB's coverage of the Southern Gubernatorial Election! Right now, if the trend continues, we'll have 47% turnout, but that'll likely change. Right now, Speaker Haslam, the Federalist candidate is narrowly in the lead. Judicial Overlord Spiral, the Independent candidate, is lagging, but close behind. This will be an interesting election!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies