India Now the World's Fastest Growing Economy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:22:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  India Now the World's Fastest Growing Economy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: India Now the World's Fastest Growing Economy  (Read 2438 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 03:32:58 PM »

We're a bunch of idiots.

We should just negotiate our way around into India, thereby limiting the expansion of China any further. Hopefully, India can be made more democratic, but for now, I suggest we find ways to spread this grown to make Vietnam and Cambodia and Thailand more intwined with the American economy.

How is India not democratic?

It's also shockingly patronizing to assume a country of a quarter of India's population, a tenth of its recorded history, and 12 time zones away, can somehow fundamentally influence its directions. Roll Eyes
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 04:49:04 PM »

I do want to say that Carter's economy was anything but stable, though I definitely would not blame that lack of stability on Carter. It's why his Fed Chair was basically forced to jack interest rates so high as to defeat inflation. Stability came during the second half of Reagan's Presidency, though that stability isn't particularly desirable, since we know its results now (a world wide recession where monetary policy has been sucked of its effectiveness and fiscal policy which is handicapped by government officials learning the wrong lessons from the Reagan administration).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 05:35:12 PM »

I do want to say that Carter's economy was anything but stable, though I definitely would not blame that lack of stability on Carter. It's why his Fed Chair was basically forced to jack interest rates so high as to defeat inflation. Stability came during the second half of Reagan's Presidency, though that stability isn't particularly desirable, since we know its results now (a world wide recession where monetary policy has been sucked of its effectiveness and fiscal policy which is handicapped by government officials learning the wrong lessons from the Reagan administration).

If Alan Greenspan raised interest rates in the 2000s the 2008 recession could have been avoided
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 06:07:25 PM »

Please stay on topic, or carry on your conversation in another thread.  I don't want this thread derailed.  

Kthnx.  
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 06:45:12 PM »

If Alan Greenspan raised interest rates in the 2000s the 2008 recession could have been avoided

No, the recession was systematic starting with Reagan and his fiscal policy. Greenspan could have reduced the severity of the recession though.
Hillary pays minimum wage
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2015, 12:18:26 AM »

Good for them.  Trump seems to know how to expand wealth so after he's elected we'll be heading in the right direction too.  For now Go India! If our voters are smart, we'll catch up in growth too.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies