Fix the Justice System You Kinda Broke Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:05:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fix the Justice System You Kinda Broke Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fix the Justice System You Kinda Broke Act (Passed)  (Read 2364 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: December 09, 2015, 01:53:05 AM »

Use this bill to institute real civil litigation reform.

What does that have to do with the cabinet?

And what good would it serve us now when we just end up with thep resent RL status quo pretty much in a month two.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 02:07:48 AM »

First off, as far as I am aware, the positions of SG and Home Affairs were never one office.

The very act "combined DOJ and Interal Affairs together" is the same one that created the positions of Home Affairs and Solicitor General.

No I would agree that doing this broke the justice department, and at least as far as I can tell, this would remove the discretionary nature of enforcement that the September law gave to the President and thus I lean towards support this change since it would appear to restore some of the independence to the Department of Justice or rather its successor, simply by having a filled position as opposed to one filled "as needed". That might work for a wiki master or some such, but not for Justice.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 03:44:11 AM »

Since I'm new to the Senate, I'm going to need a little background information on both offices and what they do. I'd check the wiki, but I get the feeling that it hasn't been updated for a while.
Back in September, following the mass-resignation of most of the Bore Administration and the realization that there are simply too many offices in Atlasia, the Senate voted to combine the Department of Internal Affairs and the Department of Justice into the new, consolidated "Department of Home Affairs." This new agency was essentially a conglomeration of the real-life Departments of Jusice, Interior, Treasury, Agriculture, Commerce, Labor, Health & Human Services, Transportation, Energy, and Education. This bill would revert to the pre-September status quo, wherein there is a "Secretary of the Interior" responsible for the last nine of those departments and an Attorney General who leads the Department of Justice.

Actually, that is not quite what the current text says, as I pointed out in my previous post.

It did combine it together yes, but it also created the SG to handle court cases on an "as needed basis".

This would basically make the SoHA the defactor AG as well as SoIA under the old system if my understanding is correct. The text is misleading because it says "recombine", yet those two were never combined before hence the confusion.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 02:35:19 AM »

Aye

Its better than the present system.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies