Grade Obama's presidency so far
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:13:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grade Obama's presidency so far
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
A+

A

A-

B+

B

B-

C+

C

C-

D+

D

D-

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: Grade Obama's presidency so far  (Read 5468 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 11:36:24 PM »

A Hillary presidency will probably make many of the liberals giving him Bs and Cs change to As within a few years time.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2015, 11:39:14 PM »

D-

The country is a worse place because of him and a worse place than it was seven years ago. Still dramatically exceeded my expectations.

He's the one who started all this hope and change nonsense among the youth that became the SJW movement. Thanks Obama.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 01:27:13 AM »

F.  Although I will say that for the 1st half of his presidency he would receive an C.  I give him credit on passing GM , but that healthcare bill is pure crap.

I actually supported him in 08' his handling of Ferguson and Baltimore incidents and nationally throwing first responders under the bus completely turned me off.   

Hes basically a modren Jimmy Carter with a full 8 years because 2012 the Gop was so inept at picking the right candidate.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 02:32:22 AM »

My disappointments with him are imnumerate, but he is a fine U.S. president and the best world leader we have and will have for a while. A-.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 05:14:26 AM »

A+  to balance out the unwarranted lower grades.  Ridiculous.  In actuality, probably closer to a B+.  I think he has a great interest in a number of important issues and I appreciate what he's done for the United States and the world.  But he was far too willing to assume that the Republicans were willing to work with him, and I think this callous misreading of the demented opposition led to a number of policy blunders, and it means that his legacy will fall short of what it could have been.  Regardless, his work on improving environmental policy, and his efforts to combat carbon emissions, as well as his commitment to civil rights and equality, and his general demeanor, has been an absolute breath of fresh air.  We will miss you, Mr. President.  It is a shame that whoever will replace him will be a total disgrace in comparison.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 08:46:16 AM »

D+
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 09:25:36 AM »

B+. He drank the Kool Aid a little too much early on - his naive transition from campaign mode to governing mode was jarring, and he realized too little, too late that the GOP plays a different kind of hardball. Still, we're better off now than seven years ago, and though I would have preferred him to follow through on his "red line" in Syria I don't really fault him for ISIS. Iraq wouldn't cut a deal with us, that's Maliki's fault, not his.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 02:04:52 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2015, 02:06:41 PM by OC »

B-, but Specter as the 60th vote could have passed immigration reform and failure to enact it, still haunts the Obama's presidency today. As failure to pass it cost Dems control Congress and key govs in 2014.

Hilary would have tried her very best to pass it, while Specter was in office.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 03:25:32 PM »

With the results so far he's averaging out to a B. Seems about right.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 08:57:58 PM »

Obama is the worst president in American History.

Grow up.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 09:49:56 PM »

C+

Economically: He was given as sh**t a situation as you can be given, and he handled it as good as any leader in the world imo. Went to healthcare too fast, and that obviously hurt him and his party, but you can't say the economy is worse off than what it was.

Foreign Policy: Disaster. His response to Syria (the red line) and capitulation to Putin, ISIS, the disintegration of Iraq. Not all his fault, but he presided over it.

I'd pretty much agree with this other than that I'd severely dock Obama for getting little done with a super-majority in congress and give him props for getting Bin Ladin.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies