What happens to the GOP if Hillary wins 2016 and 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:01:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What happens to the GOP if Hillary wins 2016 and 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What happens to the GOP if Hillary wins 2016 and 2020?  (Read 4789 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 02:51:08 AM »

I think the 2024 nominee would be more moderate with a libertarian streak.

lmao, no. "libertarian streak" = losing elections
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2015, 09:27:40 PM »

After 16 years of being locked out of the White House, I think the GOP and its base would be forced to nominate a more mainstream nominee.  That is what happened to Democrats in 1992 with Bill Clinton and the GOP with Eisenhower in 1952.  Those candidates would have been unacceptable to the base in better times but after being locked out of the White House for 12+ years folks were ready to make a change.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2015, 12:41:56 AM »

By 2024, much of the Silent Generation (by far the most conservative) will have died off, thus making it necessary for the GOP to moderate itself for the younger generations taking their place.  

What are you talking about?
Im from the younger generation and I refuse to let us relinquish our principles to court liberals into voting for us. The people chose conservatism in 2014, why should we change?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2015, 01:28:00 AM »

By 2024, much of the Silent Generation (by far the most conservative) will have died off, thus making it necessary for the GOP to moderate itself for the younger generations taking their place.  

Im from the younger generation and I refuse to let us relinquish our principles to court liberals into voting for us. The people chose conservatism in 2014, why should we change?
They chose not to show up to the polls.
hopper
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2015, 03:32:18 PM »

I'm a Millennial myself (31), but do not identify with the left wing politics of my generation. Guess I'm an oddball.

That's good. All smart people are voting against the Democrats by the age of 25.  How do you think Obama won by so much in 2008?
Well close but Obama won the election because of the 18-29 age group in 2012 basically people under age 30 re-elected him.
hopper
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »

They chose not to show up to the polls.
No the Dems lost indies by 11 points that's why they lost.
hopper
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2015, 03:52:45 PM »

Well I was thinking more like 2028 but on the issue of the GOP moderating itself in 2024 will Conservative Talk Radio be ready for that? If not than I don't see the GOP moderating itself in 2024 but maybe by 2028 Conservative Talk Radio hosts will be sick of losing the Presidency to the Dems. 
hopper
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2015, 04:04:03 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2015, 04:06:47 PM by hopper »

GOP analysis after Clinton/Kaine beat King/Gohmert in 2020:

"Missing whites! Not conservative enough! Clintonphones!"

And repeat.
Well the "missing whites theory" is that the 2012 election would have been closer had the "missing white voters" voted  but that Republicans still wouldn't have won the election. The "not conservative argument" goes if you run a Moderate you can't differentiate yourself from your political party opponent enough to get elected.
hopper
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2015, 04:08:33 PM »

A GOP version of Bill Clinton would win in 2024. That's 16 years of old crazy white people dying off and replaced by minorities and millennials.
So White Crazy People of "The Greatest Generation" voted for FDR. Were they crazy for voting for FDR?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies