Trump spokeswoman: "So what?" on keeping muslims out.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:11:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump spokeswoman: "So what?" on keeping muslims out.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump spokeswoman: "So what?" on keeping muslims out.  (Read 4362 times)
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 10, 2015, 12:04:59 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2015/12/09/s_e_cupp_and_trump_spokeswoman_brawl_over_muslim_immigration_ban_so_what_theyre_muslim/

These people just do not care anymore.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 12:54:03 PM »

It's mind boggling.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 12:57:52 PM »

In general Trump has the worst surrogates and spokespeople on cable. Not only do they seem to be loathsome people but they don't do a good job of staying on message. It is another sign of how slapdash his whole campaign is. But like having minimal ground game and almost no advertising it doesn't seem to hurt him.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 01:00:11 PM »

Sounds like something Trump would say.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 01:15:41 PM »

In general Trump has the worst surrogates and spokespeople on cable. Not only do they seem to be loathsome people but they don't do a good job of staying on message. It is another sign of how slapdash his whole campaign is. But like having minimal ground game and almost no advertising it doesn't seem to hurt him.

More anti-Trump garbage from this site's moderators. Trump has a very good ground game, as has been repeatedly reported on in the media over the past few months, and can be objectively evidenced by the ease and speed which he has qualified for primary ballots.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 02:04:39 PM »

More anti-Trump garbage from this site's moderators. Trump has a very good ground game, as has been repeatedly reported on in the media over the past few months, and can be objectively evidenced by the ease and speed which he has qualified for primary ballots.

The real proof will come with Iowa and NH, after we find out whether Trump can turn his battalions of Brownpants into actual votes (by means fair or foul).
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 02:11:58 PM »

No offence, Lief, because I like you and stuff...

But we're reaching a point where the ironic Trump support is untenable. He was a bigot before, but it wasn't exactly making its way into policy. He's crossed a line with his Muslim ban, and to still support him is to kind of be complicit in that. It's not funny anymore—just scary.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 02:44:33 PM »

But we're reaching a point where the ironic Trump support is untenable. He was a bigot before, but it wasn't exactly making its way into policy. He's crossed a line with his Muslim ban, and to still support him is to kind of be complicit in that. It's not funny anymore—just scary.

The majority of the Republican party agrees with Trump on most of what he says, and he's leading the nomination.  Its reality
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 02:56:56 PM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2015/12/09/trump_touches_off_a_badly_needed_discussion_371609.html

Is Islam just another religion, or is it an all-encompassing philosophy (like, say, Soviet-style Communism)?  It is far from ridiculous to infer that it is a religion, only.

Trump's spokesperson is right, btw.  There is no Constitutional right to enter the United States that foreigners possess.  Zip, zero, zilch!
madelka
United States
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 04:12:35 PM »

This ironic Trump support was never tenable in the first place.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »

The majority of the Republican party agrees with Trump on most of what he says, and he's leading the nomination.  Its reality

And that's not something to be proud of.  It's disgusting.  Racists and bigots should have no place in this party.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 04:33:28 PM »

So you join the bigots as well?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 04:45:49 PM »

And that's not something to be proud of.  It's disgusting.  Racists and bigots should have no place in this party.

So 2/3 of the party should be kicked out overnight?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 04:59:18 PM »

The odd thing about Trumpnis he merely draws Republican beliefs to their logical conclusions. Why have any sympathy for the GOP establishment? Why push for a so-called 'moderate Republican' who merely repeats Trumpesque sentiment in a more cautious.manner.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 05:25:43 PM »

LOL at the people who support (or supported) the GOP, which has racists and assorted bigots and morons as the backbone of the party, accusing Lief who has been in all his posting history one of the most virulent fighters against that kind of thing all these past years.

Now 2/3 of the party finally reveal their true self instead of trying to play it down and it's somehow Lief (who probably never voted for a republican) the one who is complicit?

Give me a break "moderates".
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 05:42:35 PM »

LOL at the people who support (or supported) the GOP, which has racists and assorted bigots and morons as the backbone of the party, accusing Lief who has been in all his posting history one of the most virulent fighters against that kind of thing all these past years.

Now 2/3 of the party finally reveal their true self instead of trying to play it down and it's somehow Lief (who probably never voted for a republican) the one who is complicit?

Give me a break "moderates".

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 05:51:22 PM »

First and foremost I support fairness and honesty. The idea that Trump's organization is "minimal" is completely unfounded and there is mountains of evidence contradicting that. If people are going to spread misinformation, I'm going to correct it. My post made no statement, positive, negative, or otherwise, about Trump's views or policies. But the point of this subforum is to discuss the campaign, and people should've truthful and base their posts on evidence when doing so.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 06:37:10 PM »

First and foremost I support fairness and honesty. The idea that Trump's organization is "minimal" is completely unfounded and there is mountains of evidence contradicting that. If people are going to spread misinformation, I'm going to correct it. My post made no statement, positive, negative, or otherwise, about Trump's views or policies. But the point of this subforum is to discuss the campaign, and people should've truthful and base their posts on evidence when doing so.

I'm talking in general, not necessarily in reference to that post. Anyway, are you confirming you no longer support Trump? Ironic support still helps give his ideas credibility.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 06:45:56 PM »

You know Lief, it's kind of funny.

I've been in this forum for more than 7 years (almost 8 if you count my time as a lurker) and when most red avatars around here where saying how much of a bigoted and insane party the GOP was becoming over the years, especially during the Obama Presidency, the usual response from the "sensible" conservatives aroud here was one of the following:

- Out of context
- This forum is a Left Wing Circlejerk
- You are a Hack
- Democrats were racists 50 or 150 years ago or whatever

Now suddenly it's "And that's not something to be proud of.  It's disgusting.  Racists and bigots should have no place in this party."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Are you kidding me? where the hell have you been these past 2 decades? who the hell have you been voting for these past 2 decades?

A vote for Mark Kirk is essentially the same as a vote for Jim Inhofe
A vote for Walter Jones is the same as a vote for Louie Gohmert
A vote for Kasich in the primary is the same as a vote for Cruz, or Bush or Trump or whatever nut gets nominated.

All of those have and will push the same party line that follows the increasingly deranged GOP voter base, something that most people here knew about for many years.

Now all of a sudden some of you don't like what you see after ignoring it for so long? and you call the ironic Trump supporters "scary" or "not serious" or "lame" or whatever? ROFL.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 07:50:52 PM »

^ Your logic is terrible.  A vote for FDR and his New Deal was a vote for segregation, internment and poll taxes?  A vote for JFK was a vote against civil rights?  "If you don't vote for my favorite of the TWO major political parties, you're exactly like the worst people in that party!!"  That's so stupid.  If you don't see the value of changing a party from within (if moderates hadn't been scared off from the GOP in the first place and had fought back, we wouldn't be in this situation), fine, whatever ... But your assertion is plain stupid.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 07:54:51 PM »

Rockefeller GOP is literally that guy in the cartoon I posted lol
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 07:59:08 PM »

Rockefeller GOP is literally that guy in the cartoon I posted lol

Okay, glad to know you would have voted for Calvin Coolidge, Alf Landon and Richard Nixon.  After all, if you voted for the other party, you would have been no better than a Klansman.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 08:02:58 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2015, 08:04:58 PM by CrabCake the Liberal Magician »

There used to be a good excuse, Rocky. Back when both parties weren't really coherent units but vast sprawling networks of various regional machines and traditions, one could effectively claim that you don't represent Nasty Faction A of the party because it wasn't really yours. Not anymore. Both parties have rapidly unified around a set of ideologies diametrically opposed to each other. Ideologically there's little difference between Clinton and Sanders, Trump and Kasich. It's all stylistic, the differences nowadays.

The "moderate wing" have accidentally become the equivalent of Von Papen and Schleicher
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2015, 08:04:19 PM »

Anyone remember when Trump supporters beat up a homeless Hispanic guy and Trump shrugged it off by saying his supporters are "passionate"?  Yeah, it's not like this bigot thing came out of nowhere.  I'm surprised anyone is surprised.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2015, 08:09:43 PM »

I don't get why he went onto a weird tangent about FDR and JFK anyway, I was talking about what happened recently where one party unequivocally goes towards bigotry and fundamentalism. A far cry from the internal divisions the democrats experienced in the 60's.

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies