Do you Support or oppose Gender Neutral Washrooms
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:32:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you Support or oppose Gender Neutral Washrooms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you Support or oppose Gender Neutral washrooms
Yes

No

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: Do you Support or oppose Gender Neutral Washrooms  (Read 5442 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2015, 08:35:43 AM »

Yes and it will happen one day I assure you that.

Lmao... Up the revolution against gender segregated bathrooms.

My view, of course, is obviously not, there is no compelling reason for their introduction besides a strange desire to appease a tiny minority of the population. Also, I remember when they introduced a gender neutral bathroom in my school back in the day it was a severe blow to the whole school toilet experience from which it never recovered.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2015, 10:54:03 AM »

My view, of course, is obviously not, there is no compelling reason for their introduction besides a strange desire to appease a tiny minority of the population. Also, I remember when they introduced a gender neutral bathroom in my school back in the day it was a severe blow to the whole school toilet experience from which it never recovered.

pls explain
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »

pls explain

Its probably harder to bully the transkids now that they can lock the bathroom door behind them.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2015, 12:25:05 AM »

Get ready for it...lots of stores already are doing it wouldn't be shocked if it happened in the future.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2015, 08:24:23 AM »

Get ready for it...lots of stores already are doing it wouldn't be shocked if it happened in the future.

I was shopping yesterday and stopped for a bite at a nice cafe and chocolate shop (the eggnog gelato affogato was tasty). They had two restroom but both were marked for both sexes. Since they had single toilets and lockable doors, I doubt anyone thought anything of it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2015, 11:05:19 AM »

Sure. The building I have my classes in at UCLA actually has them.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 04:40:36 PM »

I was shopping yesterday and stopped for a bite at a nice cafe and chocolate shop (the eggnog gelato affogato was tasty). They had two restroom but both were marked for both sexes. Since they had single toilets and lockable doors, I doubt anyone thought anything of it.

Agreed.  They're everywhere and growing in numbers.  No one thinks twice about it, which is why this question is becoming meaningless quite quickly.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2015, 08:01:18 PM »

No that is absurd
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2015, 07:49:56 AM »

Was my example from shopping this week absurd in any way?

I was shopping yesterday and stopped for a bite at a nice cafe and chocolate shop (the eggnog gelato affogato was tasty). They had two restrooms but both were marked for both sexes. Since they had single toilets and lockable doors, I doubt anyone thought anything of it.
Hillary pays minimum wage
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2015, 09:48:22 AM »

Exactly why we shouldn't have them! Are you pervert?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2015, 09:49:58 AM »

Do you actually have any idea how a gender-neutral restroom works?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2015, 12:42:23 PM »

My only problem with it is the fact that most men are absolute pigs when it comes to bathrooms, go to any public place and take a look into each, you will see/smell a huge difference.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2015, 01:53:35 PM »

I presume he's thinking something like this:
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2015, 06:47:37 PM »

Unisex bathrooms are fine if they're a single toilet bathroom. Those already exist. However, I oppose making all bathrooms, especially multi-toilet ones, unisex. That opens up a can of worms for more issues.
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2015, 03:04:58 AM »

Yes and since you're so far gone I can't take you seriously so I'll say a gender-neutral bathroom is where a man can poop on a woman's head or a woman can poop on a man's head.  There is no taking sides about what happens in the restroom because we're all gender-neutral!  Now stop making things up.  I hope you're under 25 dude.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2015, 02:11:14 AM »

Yes and since you're so far gone I can't take you seriously so I'll say a gender-neutral bathroom is where a man can poop on a woman's head or a woman can poop on a man's head.  There is no taking sides about what happens in the restroom because we're all gender-neutral!  Now stop making things up.  I hope you're under 25 dude.

What the hell did I just read?
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2015, 12:06:28 AM »

It would be fun to gross girls out in the bathrooms though.  Think about it ladies, do you really want to use the same restrooms as men?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2015, 10:51:40 PM »

Here's an interesting situation I encountered today. I stopped at a highway rest area that was crowded with holiday travelers. There were restrooms for each gender and three fixtures in each. The line for the women's room was over 10 minutes, but there was no wait at the men's room.

I've noted earlier my experience with unisex restrooms at small restaurants led to no problems. In light of TexasGurl's comment about men and toilets (which I think is accurate), would it be worth making both rest area facilities into "family" restrooms with shorter waits for women (and longer for men), but with less clean conditions?
kobidobidog
Rookie
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2016, 11:59:19 AM »

We are people. laws divide. We need to act like we are in God's kingdom now to be in God's kingdom then. Those that do not do that will be seen as chaff being burned up.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2016, 06:47:23 PM »

We are people. laws divide. We need to act like we are in God's kingdom now to be in God's kingdom then. Those that do not do that will be seen as chaff being burned up.

What is the fabric content of the shirt you are wearing? If it is made of mixed fibers Old Testament God will be angry. Lev. 19:19. He who follows the whole law, but stumbles even once, is guilty of breaking it all.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2016, 02:33:46 PM »

What's the difference between unisex and gender-neutral bathrooms? 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2016, 04:31:53 PM »

The best setup I saw was three stalls with lockable doors and no peeky spaces underneath...one for men, one for women, and one for overflow...and a common sink area.  Nobody complained.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2016, 05:49:08 PM »

Sure, even in multiple-person form, as long as there are no urinals and each stall is lockable. But gender-segregated bathrooms should still be offered.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2016, 09:34:01 PM »

The best setup I saw was three stalls with lockable doors and no peeky spaces underneath...one for men, one for women, and one for overflow...and a common sink area.  Nobody complained.

Agreed.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2016, 12:47:58 PM »

I'm all for having separate men and women toilets at big venues because the men's line is invariably shorter.  Going to first-come-first-served makes my line longer.  Don't like it.

On the other hand, I've been in situations in which I run into the building, contracting my sphincter and pinching at my genitalia while running down the corridor toward the john, only to learn that the men's room is occupied by some jagoff meth addict who has holed himself up for fifteen minutes or more just to get high.  I've been known to use the women's rooms in such situations, and would welcome having just two first-come-first-served toilets on those occasions.  In fact, in those situations I regard the Women and Men signs as serving suggestions, rather than as hard, fast rules.  I suspect that most other people do as well, so it's sort of like we already have gender-neutral facilities in small restaurants and businesses.

Basically, I'm for whatever minimizes my wait time when I need to take a dump.  Voted other. 

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies