Senate Select Committee on the Status of the Pacific - Chairman election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:17:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Select Committee on the Status of the Pacific - Chairman election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Senate Select Committee on the Status of the Pacific - Chairman election  (Read 3434 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2016, 12:51:52 AM »

I'm not arguing about this anymore. This very slow system of things can take all the time in the world debating and deliberating, until it's totally satisfied in the outcome of doing nothing.

In 24 hours' time, I had already put together a full Council's worth of interested bodies willing to relocate to the Pacific and serve in its government. No one else here took the initiative to do that.

The Senate acting reasonably and giving me the ability and authority to circumvent the fact that...

• a) the last election in the Region was supposed to happen 2 months ago
  • b) there are no duly elected or appointed members of regional government there currently

...will allow me to act without any potential obstruction from one or more individuals there who might try to block appointments of people or a speedy resolution to this problem. I'll have a fully-functioning government running in the Pacific within a week if given the ability to make it happen. Otherwise, no one in the Region can make appointments to the Council or to any other positions because their terms all expired in December, and there is no CJO.

If we can't come to a speedy resolution on the matter, then we have inactivity issues to address in other Regions, too. The people I've enlisted to help via the Activity Project are ready to serve. If they can't be guaranteed an opportunity to serve prior to moving to the Region by this Senate through emergency powers, then I'll send them to other Regions and the Pacific can continue to wither on the vine until the Constitutional Convention is successful.

If I'm "underperforming", then let's make up for some lost time that this Senate has spent kicking its feet in the dirt. Otherwise and after February 5, I'm putting my energy where I can get something done on my own.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2016, 02:37:42 PM »

I would be happy to testify to this committee if they so desire.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2016, 03:33:10 PM »

I would be happy to testify to this committee if they so desire.

I noted your prior testimony and appreciate its insight, and if you have further thoughts, we would be glad to hear them.  The work you are doing in regards to Western Region preparation looks very solid.  Thank you, as always, for your continued service to the Pacific Region and its residents.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2016, 10:37:57 PM »

I move to remove Ebowed as chairman of this Committee, as he is no longer a Senator.

I have insights into the state of the Pacific Budget. I'd like to stand as chairman.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2016, 11:21:43 PM »

Are we sending a henchman from Nyman like we did in 2014 again to fix the pacific or is this a different approach? I remember when people threatened lawsuits over how I handled it initially Cheesy
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2016, 08:03:40 AM »

Opening up nominations for Chairman (This will be a 24-hour period)

I will accept Senator Potus's self-nomination.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2016, 09:31:37 AM »

I believe this committee is now defunct, as the report mandated by the Barnes Act has already been completed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies