Warner or Hillary v. Frist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:18:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Warner or Hillary v. Frist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Are these predictions reasonable?
Yes, both are.

Only "Warner v. Frist" is.

Only "Hillary v. Frist" is.

None are reasonable.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Warner or Hillary v. Frist  (Read 5055 times)
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2005, 12:29:22 PM »
« edited: May 21, 2005, 01:11:09 PM by krustytheklown »

Warner v. Frist

Hillary v. Frist
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 03:09:49 PM »

No. Hillary would take Frist behind the woodshed. The first map is pretty good though.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 03:42:24 PM »

No. Hillary would take Frist behind the woodshed. The first map is pretty good though.

You seriously think so?  You and I agree that Hillary is underrated on this board, but do you really think she would beat Frist that bad?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 03:44:03 PM »

Looks about right.  Warner would probably take WV, too.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 04:52:12 PM »

You seriously think so?  You and I agree that Hillary is underrated on this board, but do you really think she would beat Frist that bad?

OK, maybe not THAT bad. I mean Dole won a fair number of states against Bill with Perot hurting him.

Frist would take the South and rural West... IN of course, probably MO even. But not close in the PV or EC.

That's unless some kind of scandal really came back to hurt Hillary, which frankly is possible at any time.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 05:35:03 PM »

As has already been said, Hillary beats Frist.  I wouldn't say 'landslide', but she'd definitely win.  Heck, there are only a few Democrats who couldn't beat Frist.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 05:50:09 PM »

AuH2O is correct.  Hillary vs Frist would be a similar situation to '96.  Frist is about as exciting as watching paint dry.  The base wouldn't get fired up even if it was Hillary.  The first map looks pretty good, but Warner would have a good shot at gaining W Virginia if he doesn't give up on it like Kerry did (which he won't).

Welcome to the board by the way.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2005, 06:12:17 PM »

If the Senate goes nuclear, Frist will easily win the Republican nomination, but hopefully enough moderates will be turned off to kill him in the general election.

If the Senate doesn't go nuclear, Frist won't even be able to win the nomination.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2005, 07:31:55 PM »

Glad to be here!  Hmmm, I'm still skeptical of Hillary's electability:  A race involving her, would be totally about her.  And if you throw mud at something enough, it'll stick eventually.  I could throw back Hawaii, Oregon, Michigan, Delaware,and Minnesota to the Dems. (maybe NV just b/c it's one of the few place as of late that's trending our way regardless of the candidate).  With respect to PV, I don't see her climbing above 48% no matter what.  Frist isn't exciting, but if you handpick stump speech crowds, you call Hillary "Hitlary", and tie her to her husband with a rope of innuendo and scandal she'll lose.  I like Hillary, the same way I like Joe Biden and Dick Durbin:  They're decent Senators that seem to work hard and take their job seriously, but they're not Presidential material (Biden maybe, but he shouldn't win the nomination).  What makes her stand out?  First lady? Maybe.  She's a woman (though I've heard some of my Rep. friend say otherwise)?  If a woman is what we want, why not choose Blanche Lincoln (my fav. for VP).  Even though I'm pretty optimistic, I can't bring myself to seeing how Hillary could win Florida, Colorado, or Ohio.  Let's just say I'm jaded with dilettante Senators that hail from the tundra (or would forsake their homestates to represent DC more than they do TN).  Anyway, I'd love to see more maps if ppl. would like to hypothesize on these match-ups.  Thanks!
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005, 07:52:23 PM »

Welcome to the forum Krusty! As you can see from my signature, I'm also a Mark Warner '08 supporter.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 10:30:37 PM »

Frist would lose 96 style to Clinton, he would be absolutley shallacked against Warner
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2005, 10:38:44 PM »

Frist would lose 96 style to Clinton, he would be absolutley shallacked against Warner

Is there a level past extreme partisan hack because if there is, that pertains to you.

Do you know what you're talking about? We're talking Bill Frist vs. Hillary Clinton. Sure Frist wouldn't be the greatest candidate but remove yourself from NY for a minute. Americans, overall, do not like Hillary Clinton. To suggest she'd win is crazy enough but saying she'd win like her husband did in 1996 is INSANE.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2005, 10:40:22 PM »

Americans, overall, do not like Hillary Clinton.

Seriously?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005, 10:43:27 PM »

Is there a level past extreme partisan hack because if there is, that pertains to you.

Do you know what you're talking about? We're talking Bill Frist vs. Hillary Clinton. Sure Frist wouldn't be the greatest candidate but remove yourself from NY for a minute. Americans, overall, do not like Hillary Clinton. To suggest she'd win is crazy enough but saying she'd win like her husband did in 1996 is INSANE.

This is BILL FRIST .  We are talking about.  FRIST.  The guy makes Al Gore seem like the most interesting person in the world.  I have said from the start out of the Republican candidates who have the best chance of the nomination their are two I feel with a very slim chance to win.  One is Santorum and the other is Frist, who has even less of a chance than Rick.  Frist has too many (cat) skeletons in his closet, too many issues, is a complete & utter bore, that can't inspire crap & is leading something which will go over HORRIBLY with moderates (the Nuclear option).  He will get blown to bits bty pretty much anyone the Dems throw up there against him, even Hillary
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 10:44:01 PM »

Do you really believe Americans like Hillary Clinton?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 10:45:11 PM »

Many more like her than like Bill Frist

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 10:46:38 PM »

This is BILL FRIST .  We are talking about.  FRIST.  The guy makes Al Gore seem like the most interesting person in the world.  I have said from the start out of the Republican candidates who have the best chance of the nomination their are two I feel with a very slim chance to win.  One is Santorum and the other is Frist, who has even less of a chance than Rick.  Frist has too many (cat) skeletons in his closet, too many issues, is a complete & utter bore, that can't inspire crap & is leading something which will go over HORRIBLY with moderates (the Nuclear option).  He will get blown to bits bty pretty much anyone the Dems throw up there against him, even Hillary

Frist is not the type of figure that Hillary is. Your cat jokes aren't funny anymore, people wouldn't care. Gore and Kerry were bores yet they did pretty well.

Republicans can't stand Hillary and a good amount of Dems don't like her which means Hillary Clinton is very unlikely to become President of the United States.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 10:47:23 PM »

Id say a majority of Americans have a positive opinon of Hillary Clinton.  Unless you can prove otherwise?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2005, 10:48:22 PM »

Ask people if they know Bill Frist. Then ask them if they know Hillary. Most don't know Frist. Most do know Hillary. Many people dislike Hillary and would probably go with Frist. For you to suggest that people like her over Bill Frist when not as many know Frist is pretty stupid but, then again, you're the biggest example of a hack on this forum.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2005, 10:48:54 PM »

Id say a majority of Americans have a positive opinon of Hillary Clinton.  Unless you can prove otherwise?

Prove to me that a majority have a positive opinion.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2005, 10:50:34 PM »

Frist is not the type of figure that Hillary is. Your cat jokes aren't funny anymore, people wouldn't care. Gore and Kerry were bores yet they did pretty well.

Republicans can't stand Hillary and a good amount of Dems don't like her which means Hillary Clinton is very unlikely to become President of the United States.

If Frist keeps going with this Nuclear Option well he will zoom past the Hillary levels & he is just an easy target to be absolutley ripped to shreds on considering what he did to hold up & block votes on Clinton's judges.  Frist has NO SHOT, NONE, NADA, ZILCH
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2005, 10:53:07 PM »

If Frist keeps going with this Nuclear Option well he will zoom past the Hillary levels & he is just an easy target to be absolutley ripped to shreds on considering what he did to hold up & block votes on Clinton's judges.  Frist has NO SHOT, NONE, NADA, ZILCH

Hate to break it to you but more people will probably remember HillaryCare from '94 in 2008 than Frist's nuclear option.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2005, 10:56:24 PM »

Hate to break it to you but more people will probably remember HillaryCare from '94 in 2008 than Frist's nuclear option.

Umm Not quite
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2005, 10:58:33 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2005, 11:07:16 PM by nickshepDEM »

Gotta' agree with Smash here.  IF Frist actually goes Nuclear... It will be fresh on voters minds come 2008.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2005, 10:59:09 PM »

Well you were the one that first said the majority are unfavorable, anyway no majority either way.  However CNN, Fox, NBC, Quinnipiac polls show  Clinton does have a positive favorability ratings (ranging from 2-something like 30 (Gallup's favorability is different than the others (with most ranging in the 5-9 range)  2003 was the last time Clinton's favorability was negative, the last time Frist's favorability was negative was an NBC poll from 3 weeks ago
Prove to me that a majority have a positive opinion.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies