Warner or Hillary v. Frist (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:49:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Warner or Hillary v. Frist (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are these predictions reasonable?
Yes, both are.

Only "Warner v. Frist" is.

Only "Hillary v. Frist" is.

None are reasonable.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Warner or Hillary v. Frist  (Read 5079 times)
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« on: May 21, 2005, 12:29:22 PM »
« edited: May 21, 2005, 01:11:09 PM by krustytheklown »

Warner v. Frist

Hillary v. Frist
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 07:31:55 PM »

Glad to be here!  Hmmm, I'm still skeptical of Hillary's electability:  A race involving her, would be totally about her.  And if you throw mud at something enough, it'll stick eventually.  I could throw back Hawaii, Oregon, Michigan, Delaware,and Minnesota to the Dems. (maybe NV just b/c it's one of the few place as of late that's trending our way regardless of the candidate).  With respect to PV, I don't see her climbing above 48% no matter what.  Frist isn't exciting, but if you handpick stump speech crowds, you call Hillary "Hitlary", and tie her to her husband with a rope of innuendo and scandal she'll lose.  I like Hillary, the same way I like Joe Biden and Dick Durbin:  They're decent Senators that seem to work hard and take their job seriously, but they're not Presidential material (Biden maybe, but he shouldn't win the nomination).  What makes her stand out?  First lady? Maybe.  She's a woman (though I've heard some of my Rep. friend say otherwise)?  If a woman is what we want, why not choose Blanche Lincoln (my fav. for VP).  Even though I'm pretty optimistic, I can't bring myself to seeing how Hillary could win Florida, Colorado, or Ohio.  Let's just say I'm jaded with dilettante Senators that hail from the tundra (or would forsake their homestates to represent DC more than they do TN).  Anyway, I'd love to see more maps if ppl. would like to hypothesize on these match-ups.  Thanks!
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 08:54:06 PM »

My certainty about Reps. picking Frist has weakened in light of recent events (BTW, I am going to split my ticket next year and vote for Lindsey Graham, something I've actually been pondering for months...but that clown Sanford needs to go).  I'm thinking there's a 60% chance for Allen, 40% chance for Frist.  Even if Warner and Allen were the candidates (and Warner lost VA) I think he'd be able to eek out a victory.  I'm also very proud that a disproportionately large chunck of those 14 were Southerners (Graham, Landrieu, J. Warner, Byrd, Pryor)!
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 05:37:27 PM »

that clown Krusy needs to go Smiley j/k.  Why don't you like Sanford?  I need to learn more about him in case he runs in 08.

actually it's "klown" Smiley

Anyway, speaking as a resident of the (fine) Palmetto State, our unemployment rate is high, our economy is stagnant (as well as our population, which would be decreasing if it weren't for the fine Charleston area), and our budget is unbudgeted!  To blame this solely on Sanford, would be asinine, but even if it is the legislature's (or someother entity's) fault, his ability to reckon with said circumstances and those possible entities responsible speaks volumes about his executive aptitude.  Mark Warner inherited deficits and a down-turning economy.  For one reason or another their economy is booming and ours is stagnant.  Mark Warner goes out to people with a blackboard and chalk and talks to them--with numbers, more than rhetoric; Sanford stands on the Capitol steps in the fair city of Columbia with a horse and buggy to convey his rhetoric.  Naturally, clowns don't like numbers, unless it deals with how many of their species can fit into a compact car.  This "klown" thrives on numbers (aspiring chem. and/or math major)!

PS:  Sure, if we nominate Hillary, Feingold, Obama, Kerry (ugggh), Sanford will soundly defeat them.  I'm hoping my party will regain some common sense by the SC Primaries (and listen to us like the Reps. do).
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 07:38:41 PM »

My bad.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 03:10:22 AM »

Someone tell me some issues that Hillary is liberal on.
In 2004, she got a 0 out 100 from the American Conservative Union, just like Kerry. Evan Bayh gets a more moderate 20 (BTW, voted for the $87bil. like any smart person would) as do Blanche Lincoln and Mark Pryor.  Zell Miller got a 96, higher than Lindsey Graham (92).  By the numbers, she's a liberal.
American Conservative Union: 
http://www.acuratings.org/default.asp?ratingsyear=2004
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies