After The False Spring - The North
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:58:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After The False Spring - The North
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: After The False Spring - The North  (Read 1869 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 13, 2015, 01:31:54 PM »
« edited: December 13, 2015, 02:36:02 PM by badgate »

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 07:45:39 PM »

A declaration from Rickard Stark, Lord of Winterfell

"Whoever returns to me my daughter will recieve my gratitude, and a reward. Anyone who brings harm to the Targaryen boy will recieve capital punishment, and anyone giving him a safe haven will be considered an enemy of the north."
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 03:55:25 PM »

An open letter to Doran Martell and Rhaegar's supporters;

"How dare you use Brandon Stark to further your cause? A cause pioneered by a man currently holding Lyanna hostage? Rhaegar has inherited his father's madness. All allies of him will be considered enemies of the North, he will not be welcomed here unless he returns my daughter to me. Otherwise, if he be captured I request he be brought to me to face northern justice.

"Lord Martell, and others supporting him; I give you the chance to renounce your support for him. Until then, the North remembers and Winter is coming for you."

Rickard Stark, Lord of Winterfell, Warden of the North, and grieving father.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 07:01:29 PM »

Benjen 1

The night was cold, the day was cold, the night was cold again. It was always cold, Benjen knew that even in the summer, snow fell. This particular night had got the wolf shivering, he was used to the cold, it wasn't that. His nerves got him shaking, for the first time in his life, he was defying his father's will.

Benjen was going to gain tales of great battles, he was going to see the most terrifying creatures in the world, he was going towards glory. He was going to the wall.

That freezing night, he snuck through Winterfell, he knew every inch of this fortress. It wasn't a place for adventure, it was a place where his father plotted and his enemies plotted against him. The only thing here for him was being married off to some noble women to secure an alliance. Benjen didn't want that, he wanted excitement.

Benjen knew what he'd have to give up, any lands and titles he might eventually have, he'd have to give up women. Now, that was what prevented him from leaving earlier; he didn't take Oathes lightly, and he was a virgin, he knew he would never know what it felt like. What else is a 15 year old boy to think about? Yet, Benjen left it behind for the good of the realm.

When the young boy reached the wall, he found his secret hole in it he had used to escape before. What he didn't expect was Lord Forrester, Lord Manderly, and his father on the other side.

"You can go back to Ironrath and White Harbor, don't let this conversation escape our lips. What are you doing?" Rickard directed that last part to his youngest son.

"I'm, uh, I'm going to see a girl." Benjen said thinking he fooled his father.

Suddenly, the Lords who were talking to Rickard burst into laughter. Lord Forrester nearly fell off his horse, but Rickard was ever stoic.

"You lied to me." He said.

"Benjen, we've seen up close how you are with women. You can't even form coherent sentences." Lord Wyman Manderly said as he and Lord Forrester rode away.

"Tell me the real reason your here." Rickard commanded.

"I'm... I'm going to the wall." Benjen replied.

"What happens to House Stark if Eddard dies? What happens to the north if I die?"

"I don't know."

"You need to stay, because the North will not survive without a Stark. Winterfell would fall."

"That's if Eddard and you die, but Starks are the most resilient family in Westeros. We will not just die off."

"What about Lyanna? Or Brandon? Do you want to help me get her back? Do you want to avenge your brother? House Stark needs you."

"It doesn't need me, it has you. When you get Lyanna back, I'll come visit. As for Brandon, how can we think about revenge when Winter is Coming, and the Wall is unmanned? Westeros needs me."

Rickard's expression softened, he dismounted his horse and walked up to Benjen. He got a bit more nervous when Rickard put his hand on Benjen's arm.

"Come back inside, son. It's cold out, we'll handle Winter together, Westeros will not survive by us making irrational desicions."

"No, father. This is the right choice."

Rickard's voice became angrier, and his grip on Benjen's arm tightened.

"You want to find out what the Wall is like?"

Rickard pushed his son into the snow, he drew a sword and tossed it to him. Then he unsheathed his own. This fight was over before it started, Rickard disarmed his son easily, but he just handed it back to him. Lord Stark spoke to him in between clashes of steel.

"No one goes to the wall! No one but murderors, thieves, and rapists! You won't find heroes, you'll find people trying to kill you everyday. The ones who don't want to kill you just end up doing worse!"

Benjen was disarmed again, this time his father grabbed him and rested his sword on his shoulder. He dropped it and embraced his son in a hug.

"Beyond the wall is a bunch of savages you'll have to fight, and worse. Horrible creatures, you'll never see again, and it'll be the last thing you see. They don't stop, just kill." He whispered.

Then Rickard pushed him away and started to yell at him.

"Go! You want to go to the Wall, and nothing's stopping you. Ride to the wall, and be the hero you dreamed of!"

Benjen didn't say anything, he just headed for Winterfell's gates, tear stains on his cheeks.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 09:50:44 PM »

From King's Landing:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 10:11:56 PM »

Rickard 1

"It is done, my Lord." The harrowing words fell from Rodrick Cassel lips, and it pierced Rickard's soul.

"What have I done?" He whispered to himself.

The hall was eerily quiet, Maester Luwin didn't dare say a word. Benjen, the poor boy, looked confused.

"What did you do? Are the rumors about you true?" He said.

Rickard said nothing, he stared at the ground, deep in thought.

"Rodrick, Luwin, can you give my father and I a few moments?" Benjen asked them.

Luwin and Rodrick said nothing, they bowed and left. Benjen turned to his father as soon as the doors closed behind the two.

"Did you kill Robert?"

"I shouldn't have done it, I shouldn't have done it. Why, Robert, why?"

Rickard could hardly breathe, his friend was dead, and at his hands. He felt as if he couldn't go on, he wished someone else had killed him, he wished he had fought with Robert and that was how he died. Lord Rickard could see his son was furious.

"All of your teaching about honor, it was for nothing! You killed Robert! House Stark has innocent blood on its hands and it's your fault!" Benjen yelled.

"I wish I had died instead." Rickard said quietly.

Benjen yelled at him until he could no longer yell, but Rickard wouldn't fight back, he was a broken man. How could he make this right? Rickard sat motionless, even after Benjen left, thinking on this question. Suddenly, Rickard got up and decided to do something.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 10:33:33 PM »

A declaration to the North, and any one interested;

"I have made a mistake, my friends, the rumors are true. I have killed King Robert Baratheon of Westeros.

"I beg your forgiveness, and I tell you, my children had nothing to do with it. I acted alone, out of impulse, trying to end the Targaryens. As a grieving father, I didn't think straight, and my dearest friend paid the price. I make the following statement; I'll be taking the black, if Stannis Baratheon wills it, I will be executed, if Stannis Baratheon wills it. My fate is in his hands, and should he decide to claim the throne, House Stark will declare for him."

Rickard Stark, Lord of Winterfell.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 10:26:31 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2016, 10:33:07 PM by Enduro »

To every Noble, Commoner, or otherwise in the realm,

I cannot sit by, and lie any longer. My friends, I've been keeping a secret. I had thought that this secret could be resolved, that I could end the threat by talking. Not the way I ended Robert, I wanted to do this one last thing with Stark honor for the realm.

I'm afraid I cannot.

I don't know if Lord Tyrell is referencing my situation in his recent proclamation to everyone. Although, it is most likely this situation; I'm not trying to blackmail anyone.

I've come across information, information that could change everything, I plead with House Tyrell, House Targaryen, and all the other Houses to act on it.

Doran Martell killed Aerys Targaryen.

Rickard Stark, Lord of Winterfell
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 12:02:26 PM »

I, Rickard of House Stark, Lord of Winterfell, Lord Paramount of the North, make the following proclamation:

1. Lyanna's child is will not be a Snow, nor a Targaryen, but a Stark.
2. I'm happy to announce the pregnancy of Eddard's wife Catelyn.
3. After mine own investigation, I've decided that Brandon Stark did nothing wrong, and broke no laws. I urge Mace Tyrell to recognize this.
4. The Crown owes a debt to House Stark for the following:
  A. The murder of Brandon Stark.
  B. The kidnapping and rape of Lyanna Stark.
5. The debt is not owed to me, because of my own crimes, but to the soon to be Lord Eddard.
6. Because of his refusal to own up to his crimes, House Stark will refer to Doran Martell as the Coward of Dorne, I encourage others to do so until he admits his crimes, or else, goes to trial.
7. I urge the realm to ask "why is Lord Rickard sent to the wall, while the royal family and House Martell go free."
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 12:03:48 PM »

To Walder Frey,

I've heard that Frey soldiers assisted in the attempted kidnapping of Lyanna, and the murder of Lysa Tully. I'll give you a chance to explain yourself.

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 09:58:12 PM »

I hereby announce that I'll be taking the black after I help House Tully get their revenge. House Stark marches on the Twins.

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 03:41:12 PM »

I, Eddard of House Stark, make the following proclamation.

Black Walder Frey, and his 375 rebels, are outlaws; if they turn themselves in, I'll allow Black Walder to live out his days as a hostage in Winterfell. Half his men will be allowed to return to service of the Twins, the other half will be exiled to Essos.

If he refuses, he will be executed, and all 375 men, if they live, we be sent to the wall.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 06:47:28 PM »

Maester Luwin

A letter came in, from Eddard Stark, Maester Luwin Reddit carefully; then he put it in a safe place, this is possibly the most important letter he would receive from Eddard. He sighed, a new Lord, he wondered if this one would make the mistakes his father would make, then he heard Benjen call him.

"Maester Luwin! The Mormonts have been spotted! Come out here to greet them!"

Luwin rushed as fast as his old legs would carry them, and arrived in his spot alongside Benjen in the nick of time.

Lord Mormont rode into Winterfell first, he looked very intimidating. Next was his eldest son, Jorah Mormont. It is well known that Lord Mormont is very much like Eddard, putting honor above anything else Jorah is different, known to act on feelings, Lord Mormont had to step in many times to save him from Rickard's judgement.

Then rode the one everyone was straining their eyes to see, Benjen Stark's bride to be, Dacey Mormont. She had on the proper dress for a lady, but she didn't look very happy; this all but confirmed the tumors that she preferred battle armor over that for Luwin.

Luwin walked up to Lord Mormont's horse, and looked him in the eyes.

"My Lord, welcome to Winterfell, I present the acting lord Benjen Stark." He said as loud as he could.

Benjen said nothing, Mormont said nothing, but Luwin knew what Benjen was looking at, and she was looking back; not in the way lovers look at each other, they were analyzing each other. Luwin knew that Benjen wasn't happy about it, all Benjen talked about was the fact that his father, who is at the wall, has decided who he should marry.

"Shall we have the feast?"

Dacey and Benjen sat at the front of the table, Luwin didn't know whether to laugh or cringe, it was the most awkward sight ever. They were to wed, and couldn't bring themselves to touch each other, speak to each other, or even look at each other. Jory Cassel came up to Luwin amidst the laughing, and eating.

"Have you ever seen a more pathetic sight? How are these two supposed to be man and wife?"

Before Luwin could answer, Lord Mormont, obviously drunk, sauntered up.

"I have to applaud Benjen, I don't think anyone has gotten my daughter to be afraid of them! Look at her, usually she dances, know she's like a statue!" He said loudly.

The hall erupted in laughter, and Dacey's face turned bright red; Benjen looked like he wanted to crawl under the table. Luwin didn't think the joke was very funny; everyone else thought it was, but drunk people think that anything shouted loud enough is funny.

The Maester looked around the room, and noticed someone missing. Mauron Greyjoy.

Luwin decided to go look for the young boy, and stepped outside the hall; he heard a scuffle, following the noise, he happened upon a group of boys beating on another. One pulled a short sword.

"Come on you Greyjoy scum! Fight back! What do you only attack pregnant women?"

Luwin stepped in as one of the boys sliced Mauron's arm.

"Do you know what the penalty is for attacking highborn? Do you?" He said to the boys.

They stood silent, staring at the strange man before them; the leader stepped up to him.

"Go away, old man." He said.

"Death, the penalty is death. Step away from the Greyjoy child, or feel Benjen Stark's wrath."

"Benjen Stark wants him dead, too. We know how much he speaks of wanting to chop his head off for Victarion attempted kidnapping."

"Do you want to bet your life on that?"

They stopped, and looked at each other, they didn't know what to do; then the leader pulled another sword.

"Gentlemen, get your swords out. Looks like we'll have to kill the witnesses." He said.

The other boys looked unsure, Luwin didn't know for sure what was going through their minds, but he's seen that look of uncertainty before, many times. A sword was lightly tapped on Luwin's chest, he refused to back down. He's been in service of House Stark for many years, seen the worst the North had to offer, he could handle a few children.

Then Dacey Mormont stepped in.

"What's going on here?" She said.

They turned towards the sudden noise, she walked up to the group, looking each of the boys in the eyes. She then took a sword, and yanked it out of one of the boys hands.

"I asked you a question." She said.

"This is none of your business, milady, go back to your feast." The leader said.

The leader attempted to turn back to Luwin, but Dacey hit her sword on his, a resounding clank filled Luwin's ear. Before he could do anything, the boy swung to kill, Dacey easily blocked it, and disarmed him; then she proceeded to punch him in the face, planting him on the ground.

The other boys ran away, and Dacey helped Mauron to his feet, she helped Luwin as he worked to heal Mauron through the night.

At daybreak, when Dacey and the Maester had brought Mauron back from his near death experience, those boys really worked him through, Luwin smiled; he smiled for Benjen, because he will have a wife with a compassionate heart.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 08:17:13 AM »

It has come to my attention that Vicarion Greyjoy will not stop until he forcibly marrys my sister, I've decided to not give him the opportunity.

I announce the betrothal of Lyanna Stark to Jon Arryn.

Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 11:15:25 AM »

House Arryn is most pleased at the prospect of this marriage, and the ability to look to the North and see a friend and ally once more. Long live House Stark, Long live House Arryn!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 11:06:09 PM »

Eddard 2

The new Lord sat among his bannermen, listening to them bicker.

"The moment we get south of Moat Cailin, the Ironborn will invade the North!" Proclaimed Lord Wyman Manderly, one of his most loyal bannermen.

Also, at the table were Lord Forrester, whose Ironwood has been the backbone of many of House Stark's wars; Lord Glover, another staunch Stark loyalist, willing to die for his liege; Lord Umber, whose men is some of the North's fiercest fighters; Lord Mormont, who has the greatest strategic mind of the bunch.

There was also Howland Reed; he is a mystery, doesn't particularly stand out like the other men do, and he is a crannogman. Eddard thought he was the most important man here, because he was his conscious.

"If the Ironborn invade, which they are unlikely to do, with them fighting a war and all, we will whip them like we did House Frey." Said Lord Glover.

"Lord Glover is right, in the sense that the Greyjoy's are unlikely to invade, especially with Balon's boy captive, but if they capture the Moat, he'll have the North to himself." Lord Mormont said.

"We forget to ask ourselves the question, in the event we march south, who do we support?" Lord Forrester asked.

"Stannis has beaten Randyl Tarly, twice, I don't think Mace Tyrell can put any commander against Stannis that'll beat him." Said Lord Manderly.

"Don't think that Stannis has forgotten that a Stark killed his brother." Said Galbert Glover.

Eddard's head shot up, looking at the Glover in shock.

"We cannot ally ourselves with a House who killed a Stark, and would like too see another dead." Said Rodrik.

Eddard waved a hand, and silence fell over them. He turned to his greatest friend, and trusted companion; Howland Reed. After locking eyes, Howland began speaking.

"Do you remember the tourney, Ned? Do you remember who decided to help me when those Frey's drew swords in mockery? It was Lyanna. Do you remember the last name of the man who raped her? Targaryen. We cannot allow the Targaryens to continue their reign of terror, and yet, Stannis is no King. Sure he won some battles, but he doesn't have the compassion the people need in a King. Plus, he's allied with the Greyjoy's, who tried to kidnap Lyanna. We don't have good options, we are choosing between the lesser of two evils. I don't want to do that, do you still remember the last name of the man who fathered Brandon? Targaryen. Let the Stark's rule the seven kingdoms, and maybe we'll be ready for winter." He said, slowly, deliberately.

Howland finished, and most of the great Northern Lords were still silent, waiting for Eddard to respond.

Lord Umber came alive; slamming his hand down on the table, and began speaking in the trademark Umber voice.

"Forget the Iron Throne, it has nothing for me; if you go to King's Landing, I won't go with you." He said.

"You would abandon me?" Eddard asked.

"No, my Lord, I'm abandoning the south." He said.

"What are you talking about?" Asked Lord Mormont.

"I'm talking about independance; give me the only King House Umber knows: the King in the North." He said.

Lord Manderly jumped out of his seat pretty fast for a man of his size.

"Give me justice for Brandon, for Lyanna, and for the North! Give me the King in the North!" He yelled.

"Viserys is no King to me! The King in the North is my King!" Shouted Lord Forrester.

Soon the shouts of support morphed into a chant as Lord Umber procured a makeshift crown, and placed it on Eddard's head.

"King in the North!"

"King in the North!"

"King in the North!"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies