After The False Spring - King's Landing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:56:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After The False Spring - King's Landing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: After The False Spring - King's Landing  (Read 3432 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 08:16:47 AM »

A lesson in justice from House Stark would once have been widely hearkened.

It savours less sweetly from a confessed murderer who has announced, then on a sudden delayed, his donning of black garb.

Let Lord Eddard and the renowned Blackfish do what they feel must be done, but the Master of Coin's place is in the capital, and the criminal Rickard Stark's is on the wall.

Quellon Greyjoy, Lord Reaper of Pyke
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 08:24:38 AM »

Lord Greyjoy,

And a visit from a Greyjoy child would've been considered diplomatic, control your children, I'll handle the Freys.

Rickard Stark, Lord of Winterfell
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2016, 12:23:40 PM »

Regarding recent matters of the Realm:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2016, 12:53:44 PM »

Lord Tyrell,

Perhaps killing Jon Connington is not the way to go, Winter is coming, and the night's watch is going to need all the men it can get.

Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 06:48:08 AM »

PRONOUNCEMENT OF QUELLON GREYJOY, LORD REAPER OF PYKE, LATELY MASTER OF SHIPS, LEAL MAN OF HIS GRACE KING VISERYS, THE THIRD OF HIS NAME

The Lord Regent, my sworn ally, promised me that I would find justice in the capital. As yet I have neither seen nor heard any sign of it.

But I have seen a city hungry for justice. Justice for my son and Botley's, for Tully's daughter and Stark's, for Robert Baratheon, aye, for Rhaegar Targaryen too.

As is my right as a high lord and now a follower of the Seven as well as the Drowned God of my Isles, I propose that we make an end of this foment, and demand trial by combat.

I shall stand for my own cause; no man shall say the arts of war have yet abandoned Quellon Greyjoy, even in the hoarfrost of eldern life. Let Lord Tully come himself or send whom he will. But if he disdains my challenge, let good men judge his honour accordingly.

Attested in the sight of the Eight Gods and the Old,

Quellon Greyjoy, Lord Reaper of Pyke

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 11:15:42 AM »

Regarding a Trial:

Mace Tyrell, Lord Protector of Westeros.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 11:38:07 AM »

Lord Quellon will face the Crown's champion with pleasure. Like most of King's Landing, he greatly looks forward to Lord Tully answering in turn the matter of Rhaegar Targaryen.

- Dunstan Drumm, Lord of Old Wyk, previously acting as Master of Ships
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 11:41:36 AM »

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 11:50:09 AM »

Lord Tyrell,

Perhaps killing Jon Connington is not the way to go, Winter is coming, and the night's watch is going to need all the men it can get.

Lord Stark,

The Night's Watch can rest assured that their struggle will not be forgotten and ignored by His Grace and the Regency, particularly on the issue of manpower. We expect to take actions to bolster the Night's Watch soon enough.

Mace Tyrell, Lord Protector.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2016, 10:29:36 PM »

Proclaims from King's Landing:

Mace Tyrell, Lord Protector.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2016, 08:54:59 PM »

The Lord of the Vale accepts this title and the duties that go with such a prestigious position, and will continue to serve his grace King Viserys in earnest. Long live the king, may his reign be long and prosperous!

Such is the proclamation of Jon Arryn, Lord of the Eyrie, Defender of the Vale, Warden of the East, and Hand of the King
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2016, 01:05:18 AM »

Quentyn

The Lord of Bitterbridge had yet to set foot on his lands or lay eyes on his castle. He found himself falling out of Small Council meetings, daydreaming about afternoons spent idling in the gardens he would grow, or entertaining the wife he would soon have, or how his son would inherit lands and a castle when he died. Anything to distract from the slow bore of war.

King's Landing had remained a nightmare to govern, though half a year into the job Lord Quentyn found himself more than capable. Bitterbridge will be a cakewalk, he thought, returning to his daydreams. Across the table Mace Tyrell was going on and on about the continuing repairs following the twenty-six fires. Oberyn Martell was twiddling his thumbs openly, and Randyl Tarly was staring with disgust at the Dornishman's discourtesy. Grand Maester Pycelle looked in much need of a nap, and Lord Velaryon was notably absent, having disappeared two days before.

Finally Mace called an end to the Council meeting, but to Quentyn's dismay asked him to hang back. "I have an assignment for you," he said in a voice that was equal parts hushed and pompous.

"What is it, my lord?" Quentyn asked.

"I need you to go to the Pyromancer guild. Speak only to Hallayne. He's the one that took over after we killed the last one."

Quentyn felt his heart sink into his stomach. The caches of wildfire hidden across the city was one of the secrets he would prefer to forget, and there had been rumblings among the lords of the court that Mace was planning something risky in case the city was attacked. Swallowing, he nodded.

"Tell Hallayne that I am ready to schedule the meeting," the lord regent went on. "He will understand. Come back to me immediately with the time and place. Tell no one what you do."

"Yes, my lord," Quentyn answered softly and took his leave. His mind swirled with thoughts and questions as he twisted down the spiral staircase of the Tower of the Hand. Obviously the rumors were true, and his liege lord was plotting a backup plan if their armies were not victorious in the field. This will not end well, he thought to himself.

Out on the streets, the new arrivals of the Tarlys and Martells were apparent everywhere. One couldn't find a street that didn't have at least one Dornish spearman or Reach footsoldier strolling down it. Most rushed to get out of his way as Quentyn led his palfrey down the stone roads toward the Pyromancer guild.

The arrival of the armies had come after the threat of Stannis Baratheon melted away, and now the two forces threatened to strain the resources of the city. Quentyn knew privately that one would have to be sent away, now that the capital was not under immediate threat from the rebel Baratheon's combined Stormlands army and sellswords.

And the commanders of these armies presented their own sets of problems. Prince Oberyn was droll, sure enough, but he was also Dornish. He clashed more often than not on strategy in the Small Council, advocating that they take the fight to the Stormlands and stamp out Stannis' rebellion. Truthfully, Quentyn thought the Dornish prince was simply bored. He had heard as much from Grand Maester Pycelle, who sent a raven for the prince to Prince Doran in which Oberyn had demanded a more exciting assignment.

It didn't help that the Dornish presence in the city meant thousands of soldiers intermingling. The grudges between Dornishmen and Reachmen were notorious, and it took only two nights before there were reports of bar fights between soldiers of the allied armies. When Randyl Tarly had attempted to address the issue with Prince Oberyn, the prince had laughed in his face before the entire Small Council. The Lord of Horn Hill had grown angry and flush after Oberyn chided him for losing twice to a commander half his age, and the subject had yet to be broached again.

Lost in his thoughts, he almost passed the Guildhall of the Alchemists at first. Inside he found Mace's contact and returned quickly to the Red Keep.

"Tonight?" Mace asked, flush with excitement. "Excellent!" He clasped his cousin's shoulders. "Quentyn, you must come with me! I insist, you won't want to miss this!"

And so it was that night that Quentyn Tyrell found himself accompanying the Lord Regent through the darkened streets of King's Landing yet again, this time to the Dragon Pit atop Rhaenys' hill. Inside, the Pyromancers had stored boxes upon boxes of jars that-Quentyn hoped-were sealed tightly shut.

"My lords, my lords!" Hallayne greeted them, his apprentices scurrying behind him to bow before Mace and their guards. "We are ready for you."

Hallayne led them through the maze of crates, each one glowing faintly green, until they reached a large open aired room. Looking up, Quentyn could see the stars of the night sky through the top of the pit. He started as he turned to see Mace handling a jar of wildfire, grinning brightly into its greenish glow.

"My cousin, this is our secret weapon," Mace said proudly. "If Stannis Baratheon tries to take the city, I mean to light up his armies with jars of this pitch." He held the jar out for Hallayne, whose old hand quivered as he took it...

The glass shattered against the stone floor of the Dragonpit, and the glowing liquid splashed all over the Pyromancer and Lord Regent. There was a moment of clarity before all hell broke loose, and suddenly Mace Tyrell had burst into flames. Hallayne screamed and tried to run, but tripped just a few feet away. As he lay burning on the ground, Mace fell as well. The flames licked the nearest crate, and with a BOOM!, the last thing Quentyn Tyrell saw was the brightest burst of light before his entire being erupted into flames.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies