Students: How is your current semester going?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:48:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Students: How is your current semester going?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well?
FS

HS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Students: How is your current semester going?  (Read 2623 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 10:14:53 PM »

GPA is is not the best, but still good.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 10:46:55 PM »

FS.
-Kept a 4.0 GPA this year, bringing my cumulative to 3.95
-Got accepted as a delegate to the USSYP
-Just got into a selective university but I'm afraid I can't afford it...

You're in high school?Huh Colour me surprised! I musta been thinking you were older than myself, in grad school or something. Take that as a compliment I guess
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 10:48:08 PM »

FS.
-Kept a 4.0 GPA this year, bringing my cumulative to 3.95
-Got accepted as a delegate to the USSYP
-Just got into a selective university but I'm afraid I can't afford it...

Surprise

Wow!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2015, 01:00:40 AM »

FS.

Got a job a few weeks ago, so while I have been working hard I am not nearly as stressed out about future grades as I was before and have done quite well this semester regardless.

You are a terrible human being. Truly terrible. This is literally the worst time to ever ask a question like this. I hope you sleep through an exam... well not really, because that's an atrocious thing to wish on someone. But these are finals, and everyone is utterly miserable, and for you to crow about how lovely things are going for you is the probably one of the most... repulsive things anyone can do to someone at this time of year.

As for me, that depends. I'm "working" on a paper that I should have finished yesterday, have due tomorrow (well, technically it was due today, but... don't worry about that). I woke up at 11am today for some reason, despite setting the alarm for 6:30. If I actually finish this paper then this class will go well (it is 70% of the grade) but that needs to happen first. Also, the instructor said she'd be willing to write me a grad school recommendation if I did well so... yeah, let's finish that paper.  Speaking of recommendations I was supposed to visit another professor today who's agreed to write a me recommendation during his office hours to talk about my plans and give him some paperwork. I was supposed to have finished this paper by this afternoon... but I haven't so that was out the window.

Oh, and so was studying for the final I have tomorrow, which I'm probably insufficiently concerned about. There's a second (very short) paper for that class due Friday, but that's going to be even more of a cakewalk; The professor threw out Nile water disputes as a "good paper topic" during lecture a few weeks ago, so Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam it is. I just will need to be awake enough tomorrow evening to write a coherent paper. Friday-Monday is studying for French on Tuesday. Horrible. I'd rather write another 30 page paper. Will 56 hours of studying save me? Let's hope so, and let's hope I get out on bed on time.

And then I need to somehow find time in all this period to write some chapters for my thesis. Now, my advisor (also someone who's writing a recommendation) and I agreed to the open-ended deadline of "end of the semester". It might actually have been "end of the month". But I probably need to clarify that with him, and "end of the month" doesn't leave that much extra leeway.  There's a fifth class I've finished up. So it could go pretty well. Or it could go terribly. It really is up in the balance. Which is why this is such a terrible question to ask!

There's an extra paragraph in here but I'm leaving that for the Other Site.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »

Law School semesters are always horrible. I think I did fine on my equity, employment law, and environmental law exams. I have 1st Amendment tomorrow. Can't wait until I'm done.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 12:35:47 PM »

Rapidly approaching graduation and realizing that the real world is about to kick in and I need a real world job.  That's not fun.  My advice is to stay in college forever, its been the best damn 4 years of my life.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2015, 01:34:02 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2015, 01:36:06 PM by (CT) The Free North »

FS.

Got a job a few weeks ago, so while I have been working hard I am not nearly as stressed out about future grades as I was before and have done quite well this semester regardless.

You are a terrible human being. Truly terrible. This is literally the worst time to ever ask a question like this. I hope you sleep through an exam... well not really, because that's an atrocious thing to wish on someone. But these are finals, and everyone is utterly miserable, and for you to crow about how lovely things are going for you is the probably one of the most... repulsive things anyone can do to someone at this time of year.

As for me, that depends. I'm "working" on a paper that I should have finished yesterday, have due tomorrow (well, technically it was due today, but... don't worry about that). I woke up at 11am today for some reason, despite setting the alarm for 6:30. If I actually finish this paper then this class will go well (it is 70% of the grade) but that needs to happen first. Also, the instructor said she'd be willing to write me a grad school recommendation if I did well so... yeah, let's finish that paper.  Speaking of recommendations I was supposed to visit another professor today who's agreed to write a me recommendation during his office hours to talk about my plans and give him some paperwork. I was supposed to have finished this paper by this afternoon... but I haven't so that was out the window.

Oh, and so was studying for the final I have tomorrow, which I'm probably insufficiently concerned about. There's a second (very short) paper for that class due Friday, but that's going to be even more of a cakewalk; The professor threw out Nile water disputes as a "good paper topic" during lecture a few weeks ago, so Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam it is. I just will need to be awake enough tomorrow evening to write a coherent paper. Friday-Monday is studying for French on Tuesday. Horrible. I'd rather write another 30 page paper. Will 56 hours of studying save me? Let's hope so, and let's hope I get out on bed on time.

And then I need to somehow find time in all this period to write some chapters for my thesis. Now, my advisor (also someone who's writing a recommendation) and I agreed to the open-ended deadline of "end of the semester". It might actually have been "end of the month". But I probably need to clarify that with him, and "end of the month" doesn't leave that much extra leeway.  There's a fifth class I've finished up. So it could go pretty well. Or it could go terribly. It really is up in the balance. Which is why this is such a terrible question to ask!

I'm not sure what the bolded is supposed to mean, so I'll assume there is no malicious intent here and move on.

In regards to everything else you posted, I'm not sure if you're being a bit sarcastic or not. Having an entry level position is not something, as I'm sure you understand, you just waltz into. I worked extremely hard both in and out of school to the point where I was lucky enough to land something in the fall that met my interests. That involves a tremendous level of stress, angst, and anxiety that goes beyond the base level curriculum. I have no problem saying that I am feeling more light about this exam session because I can guarantee that my semester earlier on was more stressful than someone who was not actively looking for a position next year. Of course I do not mean to belittle the people who looked and did not find anything, and we all know how much that hurts.

Be calm, be confident, and you will be fine.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2015, 02:08:04 PM »

FS.

As for me, that depends. I'm "working" on a paper that I should have finished yesterday, have due tomorrow (well, technically it was due today, but... don't worry about that). I woke up at 11am today for some reason, despite setting the alarm for 6:30. If I actually finish this paper then this class will go well (it is 70% of the grade) but that needs to happen first. Also, the instructor said she'd be willing to write me a grad school recommendation if I did well so... yeah, let's finish that paper.  Speaking of recommendations I was supposed to visit another professor today who's agreed to write a me recommendation during his office hours to talk about my plans and give him some paperwork. I was supposed to have finished this paper by this afternoon... but I haven't so that was out the window.

And then I need to somehow find time in all this period to write some chapters for my thesis. Now, my advisor (also someone who's writing a recommendation) and I agreed to the open-ended deadline of "end of the semester". It might actually have been "end of the month". But I probably need to clarify that with him, and "end of the month" doesn't leave that much extra leeway.  There's a fifth class I've finished up. So it could go pretty well. Or it could go terribly. It really is up in the balance. Which is why this is such a terrible question to ask!

I'm not sure what the bolded is supposed to mean, so I'll assume there is no malicious intent here and move on.

In regards to everything else you posted, I'm not sure if you're being a bit sarcastic or not. Having an entry level position is not something, as I'm sure you understand, you just waltz into. I worked extremely hard both in and out of school to the point where I was lucky enough to land something in the fall that met my interests. That involves a tremendous level of stress, angst, and anxiety that goes beyond the base level curriculum. I have no problem saying that I am feeling more light about this exam session because I can guarantee that my semester earlier on was more stressful than someone who was not actively looking for a position next year. Of course I do not mean to belittle the people who looked and did not find anything, and we all know how much that hurts.

Be calm, be confident, and you will be fine.

Im pretty sure he was joking around in the first paragraph
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2015, 07:33:54 PM »

The last few weeks have wiped me out.  I've had a ton of work, and today I had an exam that was VERY writing-intensive.  I have another exam on Thursday that will probably be brutal as well.

One of my classes (the one with the upcoming exam) is about black history and is taught by a racist, far-left, anti-American nutcase who supports the Black Lives Matter protesters and thinks that black people should return to Africa.

If you're serious, why is your professor still here? Or is he/she a white?
He's white, but he's a big supporter of black nationalism, black power, and pan-Africanism.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies