A New America-The Inevitable Graham
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:56:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A New America-The Inevitable Graham
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A New America-The Inevitable Graham  (Read 657 times)
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 14, 2015, 12:37:09 PM »

"We all say that it was inevitable, but who among us would have said even two years ago that somebody like Mark B. Graham could be elected President of the United States? Probably nobody. And, yet, tomorrow he shall take the oath to protect the Constitution of this nation. Even with hindsight it is very shocking."

-George Will, 1/19/2017.

The 2014 elections were by any honest account an overall disaster for the Democratic Party. The GOP gained nine seats and it's largest majority in the House since 1928. They fared no better at the state level, with their lowest share of legislatures since 1860 and losing three governors. It was yet another "shellacking."

There was one good piece of news for the Democrats in this cycle though. In Florida, former two-time perennial presidential candidate Mark B. Graham unexpectedly entered the Democratic gubernatorial primary against Charlie Crist. Graham pulled two upset victories; first winning the nomination, then ousting Republican governor Rick Scott that November by a 49.6%-46.3% margin.

The media immediately began speculating whether or not Graham for President. After all, he had done so twice before. Would he offer a primary challenge against Hillary Clinton? Nobody really knew who Graham even was not long ago. Yet his upset made him a national star, and with name recognition matched only by Jerry Brown of California among governors.

Graham's first year as Governor showed a reformist anti-establishment nonpolitican not afraid of Tallahassee special interests. Graham denounced the elite and politicians in nearly every address he made. By June Graham had an 87% approval rating. Under Graham, Florida quickly became first in the nation for job growth, education, health care, nutrition, income, and infrastructure.

Hillary Clinton, the presumed Democratic frontrunner, was rumored to be "paranoid" about the possibility of a Graham challenge. Bernie Sanders also feared Graham, who was more effective in being seen as anti-establishment than Sanders could ever be...

Hello my name is Mark B Graham and I am the Governor of Florida. I am running for President of the United States in 2016 as a Democratic Party candidate. The Republicans and Democrates have proven they are not out for the American people.I am asking for your vote .It is not going to be easy to get America in the right direction.If you are ready to get started lets get the  American people to pull together and stand behind me come 2016 . We can change this Country to  be one of the greatest nations on this earth.

Do you want another 8 years of dissapointment for this Country.If you plan to promote a Republican or a Democtrat candidate besides me expect no chnge .With the current  administration has brought to a new meaning of dissapointment to the  American people with are tired of it  just like I am. Democrats and Republicans cant work together to get stuff passed . The object of there job is to help the America people. Instead  the Democrats and Republicans in D.C ae acting like childern.You are getting paid by the Aemerican people to help Americans and your not . Let a Independent candidate in the office of President.I am not a famous star or even a tycoon with lots of money.I can tell you I am a regular working person that loves my country that is so tired of the way the White House is being run.Lets stop it in 2016  vote for Mark B Graham 2016!

-Governor Graham announcing his candidacy at Florida State University, 8/14/2015.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 12:38:40 PM »

yass
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 03:24:10 PM »

Will the residency scandal regarding Saint Albans, WV be a part? And can I be the Bob Woodward guy who broke it?
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 06:45:51 PM »

Graham/Marceaux 2016
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: