Opinion of my Trump/Clinton Map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:02:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of my Trump/Clinton Map
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: -skip-
plausible

too pro-Clinton

too pro-Trump

not a good map

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Opinion of my Trump/Clinton Map  (Read 2352 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 15, 2015, 10:58:04 AM »

This map is based on polls. I actually think it is too pro-Trump, but since I based it strictly on polls that's the way it came out. Post your own, if it differs from mine.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 11:00:31 AM »

It's a bit pro-Clinton, but that's OK. I do find it hilarious how the Colorado meme holds up
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 11:01:26 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2015, 11:04:43 AM by Sbane »

Colorado, seriously? Everyone on here is way too confident Clinton will lose Colorado and win Virginia. I can easily see the opposite happen. Especially with Trump as the nominee doing well with southern whites combined with lower black turnout. And he loses Colorado because of increased Hispanic turnout/margin.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 11:02:05 AM »

Too pro-Trump. I fully expect Clinton to win the 2012 states+North Carolina, and for Indiana, Georgia, Missouri, and Arizona to all be in play.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 11:06:30 AM »

Colorado is based on a small number of polls and could be way off:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016#Colorado

(actually only one poll has Trump in it)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 11:11:33 AM »

Trump is way too much on the fringe on many issues to be competitive in moderate Pennsylvania...I would think.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 11:15:48 AM »

The reason that this map is probably way off is that it is based on so few polls and some go back to October. PA, for example, will most likely go to Clinton, but one poll showed a slight Trump edge, so I made it a tossup.

For states without current polls, I used 2012 as a default.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 12:36:11 PM »

Trump won't win North Carolina.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 12:38:24 PM »

Hilariously pro-Trump. I'm not saying that Hillary is even close to being guaranteed a GE victory, but... Trump? Really?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 01:00:25 PM »

Hilariously pro-Trump. I'm not saying that Hillary is even close to being guaranteed a GE victory, but... Trump? Really?

Trump continuously polls the best. He brings out the disaffected non-voters and pulls the independents to his side.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 01:15:35 PM »

My map:

NE-02 is definitely in play, but this map does not allow that to be shown.

Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 01:22:51 PM »

My map:

Your map is too pro-Clinton.
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 02:48:45 PM »

My map:
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 02:57:51 PM »

Why would Florida be safe R while Missiouri is a tossup? I think Trump is a good fit for Missouri. Also why would Colorado vote to the left of Nevada?
Broken System

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 03:02:28 PM »

Why would Florida be safe R while Missiouri is a tossup? I think Trump is a good fit for Missouri. Also why would Colorado vote to the left of Nevada?

Most of my map was determined using recent votes on ISideWith's website. I factored in the support of Clinton+Sanders for each state to determine how far each is leaning, while also taking Trump's support into consideration.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2015, 05:53:20 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Slightly too pro-Trump.
Noticing that you have Pennsylvania as a toss-up. Pennsylvania is more than likely safe for Hillary.
I do notice you are from Penn, so your desire for your state to be too-close-to-call, could be obscuring your judgment.

Remember that every state is becoming more and more "liberal" as each year passes.
Our nation, and every nation, becomes more and more liberal as each day comes and goes.
Our planet is becoming more and more liberal as time keeps ticking.

Every human being on the planet now has easy ability at their finger tips, to see and read everything about how society functions (cell phones, tablets, computers, etc). Every new generation of youth desires to see and read more about "liberal" society. A vast majority of such youth (especially in modern or "western" societies) want to leave their past conservative lives. Here in the US, many teenagers and young adults move from their small towns, leaving the "older" adults behind. Some small towns in remote areas are left barren of any youth at all. The days of living on an isolated farm are over. New generations want to fell, absorb and live in the "big city," and live a more liberal life, and with that ... comes a tendency in gravitating towards political liberalism.

And it's an ever increasing domino effect, from one generation to the next.
This exists in every state, nation and world.
Many will not want to believe or accept this ... but sometimes reality is too hard for the mind and soul.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 05:01:24 PM »

After the votes are counted come next November, here is my wild guess as to what the map will look like. But hopefully we will never find out! Smiley

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2015, 05:02:36 PM »

Did Torie just concede that Trump will be the nominee?!

Yes, now reality just has to set in on how successful Trump will be in the general.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 05:05:34 PM »

Did Torie just concede that Trump will be the nominee?!

Yes, now reality just has to set in on how successful Trump will be in the general.

Hopefully we will never find out, means that I hope he isn't the nominee. I concede nothing. The odds of Trump securing the nomination may be 25% or so, way too high for my comfort admittedly. Unfortunately, there might be another 20% chance that Cruz gets it. I am indeed quite worried now. The Pubs, far too many of them at least, have gone totally nutter. It's quite disturbing actually.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 05:10:58 PM »

Colorado isnt out of play for Clinton, just yet, she will secure the Hispanic vote, as she will pick Castro as VP. As CO will ultimately go to her by a narrow margin.
Broken System

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 05:18:54 PM »

Slightly too pro-Trump.
Noticing that you have Pennsylvania as a toss-up. Pennsylvania is more than likely safe for Hillary.
I do notice you are from Penn, so your desire for your state to be too-close-to-call, could be obscuring your judgment.

Remember that every state is becoming more and more "liberal" as each year passes.
Our nation, and every nation, becomes more and more liberal as each day comes and goes.
Our planet is becoming more and more liberal as time keeps ticking.

Every human being on the planet now has easy ability at their finger tips, to see and read everything about how society functions (cell phones, tablets, computers, etc). Every new generation of youth desires to see and read more about "liberal" society. A vast majority of such youth (especially in modern or "western" societies) want to leave their past conservative lives. Here in the US, many teenagers and young adults move from their small towns, leaving the "older" adults behind. Some small towns in remote areas are left barren of any youth at all. The days of living on an isolated farm are far from over. New generations want to fell, absorb and live in the "big city," and live a more liberal life, and with that ... comes a tendency in gravitating towards political liberalism.

And it's an ever increasing domino effect, from one generation to the next.
This exists in every state, nation and world.
Many will not want to believe or accept this ... but sometimes reality is too hard for the mind and soul.

It sure seems this way with strong liberal views of young generations, but there are also many fallacies to that logic. We have had battles between conservative and liberal opinions throughout election history, with each side having a consistently fair chance of winning. We have recently witnessed a GOP takeover of the Senate. We have also seen a stronger GOP effort in the 2012 presidential election than the 2008 presidential election. Trump has been considerably strong at gaining the support of the younger generations. I agree, as values are decaying, more people are expecting an idealistic world where they don't have to work and the rich people will pay all of their bills. Most people grow up and eventually mature and realize the ideal economy is one in which effort translates into results. Maybe the Democrats will overwhelmingly take over everything in a few years, but where there's political monopoly, there's laziness and failure. The second strongest party of the time will always rise stronger than ever in response.
Broken System

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 05:21:05 PM »

After the votes are counted come next November, here is my wild guess as to what the map will look like. But hopefully we will never find out! Smiley

If you are going to make a map, at least be able to distinguish wishful thinking and probable outcomes. As much as you may despise Trump, his message is hitting close to home for many American citizens. A Clinton vs Trump election will be as close as the last two and either side will have a fair chance at winning.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 05:33:46 PM »

Way too pro-Trump.  

My map would look something like this:

Dark Shade: Safe
Medium Shade: Likely
Light Shade: Lean
Gray: Tossup

I don't even think that many states would just "lean" toward a certain candidate.  I could be wrong, of course, but the electoral map is increasingly rigidified in a way that should strongly favor Clinton.  With Trump as polarizing as he is, Clinton is favored in all the Obama '12 states (and thus the election), while Trump could still easily carry all the Romney states, with only North Carolina being truly competitive.  Most Obama-lovers will back Hillary, and most Obama-haters will not.   Hillary could win the popular vote by anywhere from 3 to 10 points, and the electoral map should appear pretty similar to mine.  
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 05:36:12 PM »

If you are going to make a map, at least be able to distinguish wishful thinking and probable outcomes. As much as you may despise Trump, his message is hitting close to home for many American citizens. A Clinton vs Trump election will be as close as the last two and either side will have a fair chance at winning.

It's just a wild guess, obviously not supported by current polls. I just think things will end up very badly for Trump, very badly, in a General Election against Hillary, who will tack moderate. Chill.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 05:48:15 PM »

My map:

Your map is too pro-Clinton.

I assume that she will be back to the levels of support that she had before the rhetorical flare-ups about the private server and the death of an American ambassador in Benghazi.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies