Democrats: all things considered, who are you most afraid of?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:36:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democrats: all things considered, who are you most afraid of?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Trump

Cruz

Rubio

Carson

Bush

Christie

Kasich

Fiorina

Paul

Huckabee

Graham

Pataki

Santorum

Gilmore

Clinton

Sanders

O'Malley

Not a Democrat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: Democrats: all things considered, who are you most afraid of?  (Read 3191 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 03:41:42 AM »

If I were a Democrat, I'd probably say Carson just over Trump. Donald is smart, reasonable and liberal while Carson is a dumb, far right wing savant who people seem to like out of some inexplicable pity that I can't understand (and it permeates ideology). The others are not electable enough
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2015, 08:08:12 AM »

Cruz; he is far worse than Trump.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2015, 10:01:35 AM »

Rubio-he's a wolf in Obama's clothing.

He hides behind the whole 'son of a bartender' 'I was poor in college' life story to push through policies that would not do any good for the economy. He sounds like an empty suit when he speaks, because he never talks about policy.

In fact he's only a fraction to the left on Cruz, and most of that's on his delivery. Supports outlawing abortion, is much more of a neocon than Cruz, supports bulk data retention, opposes opening relations with Cuba and is generally awful.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2015, 10:33:01 AM »

Eh, probably Cruz. He sounds like he is going to crawl through my monitor, steal my soul and imprison me in his lair. His vibe is of an evil gnome in a kid's movie. Carly would be pretty scary, if she wasn't so laughably crap.
Lord of the Dome
Rookie
Australia

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2015, 10:59:19 AM »

I just have to say Rubio because I really do believe that at this point in the race he is the only Republican who could win both the nomination (Cruz, Rubio and Trump) and the General election (Rubio, Christie and Kasich).
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 11:31:01 AM »

Trump doesn't believe half of what he says IMO, so I don't think a Trump presidency would necessarily reflect what he is saying now.

Rubio would be a bad President but he has shown his ability to find common ground and has at least strayed from the ideological rhetoric espoused by others.

Cruz has the perfect combination of hunger for power, electability, and far-right ideology to be dangerous.

So Cruz it is.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2015, 04:48:52 PM »

Izzy?  I'm not a huge fan but he really doesn't wig me out like Trump does. 

I guess if you think he's more creepy it's for exactly that reason.  He's probably as radical, but because he doesn't come across as narcissistic and self-aggrandizing, he might be taken seriously, and therefore his legislative agenda might actually have legs.  I guess it's a reasoned argument, but I'm not really buying it for the moment.  I'm not saying that he's my favorite candidate, but he's congenial enough to play ball, I think, and he actually has had experience as a government official so he knows he's not running for the office of Emperor.  He also doesn't have a record of making huge financial mistakes and expecting other people to pay for his mistakes.

Well, each to his own logic I always say. 

VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2015, 08:34:10 PM »

Rubio. I just don't believe that Cruz and Trump are electable.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2015, 10:56:46 PM »

Probably Cruz because I think he's extremely conservative and savvy enough to get elected and pass conservative legislation. Rubio is more electable but I also think he's more pragmatic.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2015, 12:24:49 AM »

I might be wrong, and Trump may get blown out, but right now I fear that there may be too many stupid people in this country that will buy into the b***s*** Trump is spewing, that it may make him more electable than Cruz. I also think that while Rubio may be bad and incompetent for the job, I don't think he's as dangerous as the other two.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2015, 11:37:58 PM »

Rubio, but not because he's polling well, or is "talented, inspirational, Republican Obama, blah blah etc.", but because the media is clearly in the tank for him, and that will help him tremendously in the general, particularly when combined with their intense Hillary hatred. By contrast, as much as the media hates Hillary, they'll be forced to take her side against people they hate even more like Cruz and Trump.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2015, 04:46:24 AM »

Cruz. Trump is in it for himself and really wants Hillary in there. I don't think Trump actually believes any of the crap he says. Cruz, however, does and he's better at articulating his points; of course, articulation isn't exactly applauded by the Republican primary voters. He's the one who scares me the most out of the ones who are polling above 5 percent lolz
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies