Putin endorses Trump!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:24:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Putin endorses Trump!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Putin endorses Trump!  (Read 4473 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 06:45:52 PM »

Putin is a personal hero of mine.  He knows what it takes to make a country Great Again.  If Trump is good enough for him, he's good enough for me.

Anyone could have made Russia great again after Yeltsin. He really lowered the bar for "great".

You have a strange definition of greatness.

You clearly missed the point of my post.

Or, perhaps, you missed my point Smiley
Do you believe that Yeltsin was better than Putin?

Of course, I do. I cannot even imagine anybody reasonably thinking otherwise.

A substantial cohort of the Forum at least facially appears to have gone totally nutter. This too will pass. Be patient.

I am trying. But if this continues along the lines we are observing, I may decamp for a while. There is enough nutty flavor around as it is: I do not need it while talking about what is supposed to be pure fun (elections).
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2015, 07:00:22 PM »

Russia was nothing but poverty and crime under Yeltsin. Putin taking control of the media doesn't make him a worse leader than Yeltsin, as long as he has improved the lives of the Russian people.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2015, 07:11:00 PM »

Russia was nothing but poverty and crime under Yeltsin. Putin taking control of the media doesn't make him a worse leader than Yeltsin, as long as he has improved the lives of the Russian people.

Post hoc non ergo propter hoc.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2015, 07:22:06 PM »

Putin is a personal hero of mine.  He knows what it takes to make a country Great Again.  If Trump is good enough for him, he's good enough for me.

Anyone could have made Russia great again after Yeltsin. He really lowered the bar for "great".

I imagine Trump would've had a blast with Zhirinovsky.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2015, 07:32:08 PM »

That is some frightening, Mussolini level justification. "the trains run on time".
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 07:54:10 PM »

That is some frightening, Mussolini level justification. "the trains run on time".

And, mind it, spoken after the invasion of Albania.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2015, 07:54:46 PM »

Putin is a personal hero of mine.  He knows what it takes to make a country Great Again.  If Trump is good enough for him, he's good enough for me.

I imagine Trump would've had a blast with Zhirinovsky.

No doubt of that.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2015, 07:56:02 PM »

I wonder how much that was due to the increase in oil production, and then a big rise in prices. I wonder how much it will all unravel for Russia economically, now that oil prices have taken a dump, which appears to be a rather long lasting dump? What does Russia actually produce that anybody actually wants, other than oil and natural gas, to this day? How much of the oil and gas driven increase in the standard of living in Russia, will now be reversed, particularly given the amount that is going into the military, which is a waste of money when it comes to increases in the standard of living with some staying power?

It seems to me that Putin rode the oil thing up, and now that it is going down, is going Fascist to distract. It will not end well for Putin, unless he reverses policies. And it will not end well for Russia. That is what happens when a guy is all about holding and increasing his power. And yes, that reminds me well - yes you guessed it - Trump. It does not surprise me that Trump identifies with Putin. He understands him. He sees himself in the mirror.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2015, 07:57:22 PM »

I mean, Weimar republic was not a prosperous place either. Yet, somehow, though, ex post Ebert and Hindenburg do not seem so monstrous.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2015, 08:00:22 PM »

I wonder how much that was due to the increase in oil <...> prices.

Most of it. Of course, Chavez teaches us that they could have screwed up despite the oil prices. So, grant the Comrade Colonel  (never Retired) at least that.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2015, 09:58:33 PM »

Trump has been saying for months that he would have a great relationship with Putin and this confirms it. The America-Russia axis will crush ISIS and make the Middle East great again.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2015, 10:06:01 PM »

Trump has been saying for months that he would have a great relationship with Putin and this confirms it. The America-Russia axis will crush ISIS and make the Middle East great again.

The Axis needs a third member. I suggest China.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2015, 10:27:25 PM »

A Trump-Putin-Jinping-Assad Axis? Brilliant, ag.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2015, 11:25:27 PM »

A Trump-Putin-Jinping-Assad Axis? Brilliant, ag.

I have some expertise on Axes of Evil Smiley
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2015, 05:04:24 AM »

Great news for TRUMP.
Now all that remains for him is to nab the crucial Kim Jong Un endorsement.

I was thinking the exact same thing...  Smiley
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2015, 08:48:30 AM »

My guess is that Trump already has the support of Americans who like Putin.

I hope this hurts Trump's campaign, but I doubt this is going to be the killing blow.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2015, 02:04:14 PM »

Trump, on Putin's alleged assassinations of journalists:

"At least he's a leader."

Republicans have long accused Obama of being too soft on Putin, so obviously they'll hate Trump for cozying up to him. Obviously.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2015, 02:08:42 PM »

tbh the modern GOP acts in complete contempt of the media, (Oh, I'm sorry - "TEH LIEBRUHL MEDIA") so I fully expect the assassination of journalists to make an appearance in the 2016 platform.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »

I'm certain many Republican primary voters would approve both statements if they came from Trump, or any other of their wanna-be fascist candidates.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2015, 08:23:21 AM »

Trump, on Putin's alleged assassinations of journalists:

"At least he's a leader."

Republicans have long accused Obama of being too soft on Putin, so obviously they'll hate Trump for cozying up to him. Obviously.

Trump's embrace of Putin is yet another sign of the Jacksonian/Wilsonian split within the GOP.  The neocons like to villainize him, but Trump's faction (Jacksonians) largely admire him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies