How long can you stay on this forum before getting bored?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:56:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How long can you stay on this forum before getting bored?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How long can you stay on this forum before getting bored?  (Read 2658 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2005, 01:02:08 AM »

About two and a half hours is the maximum for me. Typically I spend about 45 minutes here every day.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 01:06:26 AM »

When I get bored, I either start reading old posts or go to a different forum, which will occupy me for a few more hours.

Anyway, depends on the time of day.  If lots of people are posting, I can spend hours on end here; if it gets late and the new posts start decreasing, I'll resort to reading old posts, go to another forum, etc.  I should clarify that when I'm spending hours on end here, I'm usually on AIM, checking my e-mail, sometimes writing stuff, so I'm not fully obsessed as it may seem.  But yeah, I'm a loser if there ever was one.  This forum is terribly addictive.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 01:07:45 AM »

When I get bored, I either start reading old posts or go to a different forum, which will occupy me for a few more hours.

Anyway, depends on the time of day.  If lots of people are posting, I can spend hours on end here; if it gets late and the new posts start decreasing, I'll resort to reading old posts, go to another forum, etc.  I should clarify that when I'm spending hours on end here, I'm usually on AIM, checking my e-mail, sometimes writing stuff, so I'm not fully obsessed as it may seem.  But yeah, I'm a loser if there ever was one.  This forum is terribly addictive.

I feel similarly, there is no similiar place to discuss politics casually. It's quite a thrill when someone replies to one of my posts.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 01:46:06 AM »

I usually multitask while reading the forum, so I suppose about as long as I can use the computer.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 11:18:36 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2005, 11:20:07 AM by dazzleman »

I feel similarly, there is no similiar place to discuss politics casually. It's quite a thrill when someone replies to one of my posts.

You make excellent posts, and I always like to respond to them.  I find your posts to be very well thought out, even when I don't totally agree with them.  You can also handle if somebody doesn't totally agree with you, and it's possible to get a good give and take going with you.

There are certain people whose posts I look for, and you are one of them.

As far as how long I can stay on without getting bored, it depends on the quality of the posts by other people.  I tend not to be on all day when I'm working, so I only go on once a day usually.  I can take a little while to read the daily posts that seem interesting, and I can stay on a while if there are active responses taking place.  If not, I don't stay on too long.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 11:49:26 AM »

Only staying on the forum, maybe 30 minutes. Doing other things in the middle, maybe a few hours.
Cashcow

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 02:10:32 PM »

Doing nothing but browsing the forum... about five minutes.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 11:08:54 PM »

20 minutes usually.   Of course right now I'm so sad that it's a good distraction.  I've been on an hour and will probably stay another.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 09:45:14 AM »

20 minutes usually.   Of course right now I'm so sad that it's a good distraction.  I've been on an hour and will probably stay another.
http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=3378782&nav=1L7taAe8
http://www.thejacksonchannel.com/news/4518873/detail.html
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 03:04:43 PM »

I get very bored after a half-hour. Generally, I spend fifteen to twenty minutes on the forum every other day.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 12:26:05 PM »

I can't say I ever get bored but find about 3 1/2 hours my limit

Dave
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »