DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:44:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20
Author Topic: DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data  (Read 41950 times)
Hydera

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: December 18, 2015, 06:41:05 PM »
« edited: December 18, 2015, 06:42:46 PM by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Seee seee! ignore that i did something bad because the guy who i stole from might of copied my stuff!! we just dont know!

yeah not only did they report it they also copied it.

Sure its not my fault if i find a flaw and get access to my friend's sh**t, he should of known about it before i told him.

me just copying it on the way = innocent act of reporting a flaw

IDK about everybody else but i find bernie supporters very entertaining.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #226 on: December 18, 2015, 06:41:18 PM »

That's not true, you keep saying things that have been discredited. The bug was in a different software package.

What are you talking about?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2015, 06:43:22 PM »

That's not true, you keep saying things that have been discredited. The bug was in a different software package.

What are you talking about?

http://blog.ngpvan.com/news/data-security-and-privacy
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2015, 06:44:10 PM »

My position on this has evolved considerably over the course of the day. What I'm incensed about now is the fact that the DNC is holding an entire campaign hostage. However, it appears significantly that the Sanders team was doing more than merely "collecting information to report". This just came across my feed; I am not sure if it was just updated or what:

What these lists essentially translate to is the following:

• HFA Turnout 60-100 - People (probably Hillary supporters) who have a 60-100% chance of turning out in the primary if engaged
  • HFA Support 50-100 - People who have a 50-100% chance of supporting Hillary in the primary
  • HFA Support <30 - People who have less than a 30% chance of supporting Hillary in IA
  • HFA Turnout 30-70 - People who have a 30-70% chance of turnout out in the primary if engaged in NH

These were not lists being collected in preparation of showing evidence for a bug...
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2015, 06:44:12 PM »

This reasoning is just so dumb. Sorry not sorry. Ok, there was a software glitch. sh**t happens. Sanders did their part and reported it, and nothing happened. So move on. Don't do the wrong thing and steal the rival campaign's data to prove a point. It's like saying that a bank can be broken into, so you rob it to prove a point. So dumb. Just so dumb.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2015, 06:48:46 PM »

My position on this has evolved considerably over the course of the day. What I'm incensed about now is the fact that the DNC is holding an entire campaign hostage. However, it appears significantly that the Sanders team was doing more than merely "collecting information to report". This just came across my feed; I am not sure if it was just updated or what:

• HFA Turnout 60-100 - People (probably Hillary supporters) who have a 60-100% chance of turning out in the primary if engaged
  • HFA Support 50-100 - People who have a 50-100% chance of supporting Hillary in the primary
  • HFA Support <30 - People who have less than a 30% chance of supporting Hillary in IA
  • HFA Turnout 30-70 - People who have a 30-70% chance of turnout out in the primary if engaged in NH

These were not lists being collected in preparation of showing evidence for a bug...
I saw this a few hours ago on twitter, and this is why I've been so pissed at some sanders supporters.  His campgin was steal vital data concerning stuff like this.  And some of them shrug it off like nothing.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2015, 06:51:11 PM »

I saw this a few hours ago on twitter, and this is why I've been so pissed at some sanders supporters.  His campgin was steal vital data concerning stuff like this.  And some of them shrug it off like nothing.

They reported this bug months ago and fired the guy involved.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2015, 06:51:46 PM »

The DNC shredded their credibility a long time ago. The good news for Trump keeps coming.
Hydera

« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2015, 06:55:55 PM »

I saw this a few hours ago on twitter, and this is why I've been so pissed at some sanders supporters.  His campgin was steal vital data concerning stuff like this.  And some of them shrug it off like nothing.

They reported this bug months ago and fired the guy involved.

The fact is that they copied the voter database. If they were just innocently reporting the bug then that would be the end of story except they copied it 24 times.

Your innocent if you tell your teacher that you can log in and change the grades, your NOT innocent if you log in 24 times to change the grades no matter whenever you said you reported it since you did it while you knew about it.

The Sanders campaign shredded their credibility a long time ago. The good news for Hillary keeps coming.

Fixed.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #234 on: December 18, 2015, 06:56:40 PM »

The vendor says the export was a 1 page summary without voter information.

http://blog.ngpvan.com/news/data-security-and-privacy#.VnRxJVbm-RA.facebook
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2015, 07:09:09 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/18/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-dnc-suspension/

Well, the Sanders campaign got what it wanted, I guess. A list of voters in early states who are open to voting for someone else over Clinton. And they got it for free. So that's cool for them, I guess.
HillOfANight
« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2015, 07:10:17 PM »

http://time.com/4155185/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-data/

the Sanders campaign appears to have obtained files with lists of voters that the Clinton campaign had cultivated in 10 early states including Iowa and New Hampshire.

Beyond simply reviewing the data, the logs show the Sanders staffers took deliberate steps to harvest and store the information. According to the logs, the Sanders staff created from scratch no fewer than 24 lists—consisting entirely of data pulled down from the Clinton campaign’s database—and saved them to their personal folders.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2015, 07:11:47 PM »

The drums begin to beat for an independent run.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2015, 07:13:25 PM »

http://time.com/4155185/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-data/

the Sanders campaign appears to have obtained files with lists of voters that the Clinton campaign had cultivated in 10 early states including Iowa and New Hampshire.

Beyond simply reviewing the data, the logs show the Sanders staffers took deliberate steps to harvest and store the information. According to the logs, the Sanders staff created from scratch no fewer than 24 lists—consisting entirely of data pulled down from the Clinton campaign’s database—and saved them to their personal folders.

What logs? Logs that the DNC or Hillary campaign made up? Because the vendor said no download of voter information took place.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2015, 07:14:43 PM »

Good. It needs to be an option if the DNC doesn't show Bernie some basic respect immediately. Trump threatened to go 3rd party for far less than this.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »

Both sides of this argument are acting extraordinarily immature.

HillOfANight
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2015, 07:19:07 PM »

Good. It needs to be an option if the DNC doesn't show Bernie some basic respect immediately. Trump threatened to go 3rd party for far less than this.

Grow up. This is the vendor. He's never been a Democrat. He wanted to primary Obama. He's suing his own party.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »

Grow up. This is the vendor. He's never been a Democrat. He wanted to primary Obama. He's suing his own party.

LOL, your 3rd and 5th sentences contradict each other. Make up your damn mind.
HillOfANight
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2015, 07:21:30 PM »

No it doesn't. It's PR speak covering their own ass but clearly they lost data.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/293643104/Sanders-Campaign-Audit-Sheet-1

Here's the audit.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2015, 07:22:26 PM »

10 pages for a non-story that will change the minds of less than zero voters.

Go get a life people!
HillOfANight
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2015, 07:25:03 PM »

10 pages for a non-story that will change the minds of less than zero voters.

Go get a life people!

Rogue campaign steals other campaign's data, gets caught, plays victim, and sues. Small potatoes.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2015, 07:27:28 PM »

Yeah, I don't even care about this anymore. His staff stole data and he's a martyr or whatever. Ethics mean nothing anymore.

Actually Trump threatened to go third party for more than this. Among others, they were threatening to take Trump's nomination away from him if he were to enter a brokered convention with the most delegates and popular votes.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2015, 07:28:51 PM »

I'm reminded of an anecdote from All Too Human, the memoir of George Stephanopoulos, at the time a Clinton campaign advisor.

So a campaign Hillary Clinton was intimately involved in did take advantage of a similar opening.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2015, 07:31:29 PM »

Yeah, I don't even care about this anymore. His staff stole data and he's a martyr or whatever. Ethics mean nothing anymore.

Actually Trump threatened to go third party for more than this. Among others, they were threatening to take Trump's nomination away from him if he were to enter a brokered convention with the most delegates and popular votes.

A brokered convention is some crazy hypothetical. What the DNC did to Bernie is most definitely not a hypothetical.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2015, 07:34:10 PM »

A brokered convention is some crazy hypothetical. What the DNC did to Bernie is most definitely not a hypothetical.

What the Sanders campaign stole from the Clinton campaign, which took millions of dollars and thousands of volunteer hours to compile, is also definitely not a hypothetical. It happened.

And even if a brokered convention is some crazy hypothetical, the fact is that a lot of Republican leaders were and still are talking about it as if it's a possibility, and one of their only ways to stop a Trump nomination. They're doing it quite openly, too.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies