DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:23:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20
Author Topic: DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data  (Read 41947 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: December 19, 2015, 12:29:05 AM »
« edited: December 19, 2015, 12:31:04 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Sounds like DWS had to cave when a solid lawsuit showed up that was going to bring up some ugly process of discovery for her. That's how Hillary's email problems started. I bet DWS would have continued this sh**t if there wasn't a solid lawsuit that was going to cause all sorts of problems. Good for the Bernie campaign for putting together such a lawsuit on such short notice.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #351 on: December 19, 2015, 12:32:35 AM »

Okay, let's sum up what happened:

Wednesday, 10:40-11:20: During a patch for Votebuilder, the firewall separating the Clinton and Sanders campaign data goes down and the National Data Director for the Bernie Sanders campaign runs searches specifically for Clinton data. Then he, possibly with assistance over a total of 4 accounts, downloaded 21 lists from 11 states, including Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada. No one at the Sanders campaign calls to alert the DNC of the vulnerability.

Sometime before Friday: NGP VAN alerts the DNC of the vulnerability and the DNC orders a full audit. The audit produces evidence of the breach by the National Data Director for the Sanders campaign. The DNC calls the Sanders campaign, alarmed, but the Sanders campaign denies that it has downloaded any proprietary data.

Late Friday: DNC and NGP VAN go to the press to tell them why they are cutting of Sanders' access to Votebuilder pending an independent investifation. Sanders spokesperson states that it was a "low-level staffer" and that no data was improperly saved and that said staffer had since been fired. NGP VAN falsely states that there was no way for proprietary data to have been downloaded.

Early Friday: It emerges that the "low level staffer" was the National Data Director for the Sanders campaign.

Midday Friday: The logs from the audit are produced showing that it was in fact for accounts and that much more data than was originally revealed had been accessed and downloaded. Sanders' spokesperson holds a press conference in which he says no data was downloaded and that the campaign will be suing the DNC if they do not give Sanders access to Votebuilder immediately.

Evening Friday: The Sanders campaign files suit in federal court. The spokesperson for the Sanders campaign goes on CNN and accuses the Clinton campaign of accessing Sanders data, though is prodded into admitting he has absolutely no proof. There are calls among some Democrats for the resignation of DNC chair DWS, and wider calls for Sanders to be given access to Votebuilder.

Late Friday/early Saturday: The DNC announces that it will restore access to Votebuilder for the Sanders campaign Saturday morning.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #352 on: December 19, 2015, 12:33:10 AM »

Bernie campaign says that DNC caved. DNC confirms that they are restoring access.

https://twitter.com/maryaliceparks?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #353 on: December 19, 2015, 12:37:22 AM »

I'm a big fan of MaryAlice Parks.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #354 on: December 19, 2015, 12:46:59 AM »

DWS needs to be removed immediately as DNC chair, she is actively damaging the party with her incompetence. If Obama cares at all about his legacy he would remove her.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #355 on: December 19, 2015, 12:48:45 AM »

DWS needs to be removed immediately as DNC chair, she is actively damaging the party with her incompetence. If Obama cares at all about his legacy he would remove her.

Supposedly she was going to claim sexism and anti-semitism if he fired her.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #356 on: December 19, 2015, 12:51:57 AM »

I'd like to think of an irate and very body language-active Sanders telling that neoliberal, warmongering, corporatist, sketchy harpy-b[inks]h that all he needs is 2 points in a national general election to completely rat-fyck her party, but I'm sure he didn't handle things that way.

2%? Is that all the support Sanders and his unethical campaign staff can get with the campaign data he stole? Kiss
Trapsy

« Reply #357 on: December 19, 2015, 12:53:08 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2015, 12:55:26 AM by Trapsy »

I am starting to think she f**d up mid term elections to get back at him.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: December 19, 2015, 01:03:21 AM »

Most likely either incompetence or laziness.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #359 on: December 19, 2015, 01:04:31 AM »

Really shocking that anyone would want to be associated with the Sanders campaign or his pathetic "movement" after today. I'm just sad that the party's grown its own version of the teabagger tumor.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #360 on: December 19, 2015, 01:05:11 AM »

Doesn't DWS' term end after the 2016 election? I can't imagine her staying on as DNC chair.
Trapsy

« Reply #361 on: December 19, 2015, 01:13:46 AM »

She gets no credit for 2008 and 2012. Zero results as DNC chairman.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #362 on: December 19, 2015, 01:15:09 AM »

Doesn't DWS' term end after the 2016 election? I can't imagine her staying on as DNC chair.

She's already several months longer than any DNC chair since the 1960s.

She gets no credit for 2008 and 2012. Zero results as DNC.

Tim Kaine was the loser who gave us the 2010 midterm. Dean was chair for the 2008 election.
Trapsy

« Reply #363 on: December 19, 2015, 01:21:04 AM »

She's already several months longer than any DNC chair since the 1960s.

She gets no credit for 2008 and 2012. Zero results as DNC.

Tim Kaine was the loser who gave us the 2010 midterm. Dean was chair for the 2008 election.
SMH
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #364 on: December 19, 2015, 01:42:22 AM »

Progressive Canadian, I can appreciate that you like Sanders and such, but the version of events you are trying to sell isn't even close to reality. I urge you to go to the Bloomberg article on the breach and read what actually happened.

Bloomberg is in the pocket of the Clintons.

Lol its like reading an article from hillary herself no im not going to trust bloomberg.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #365 on: December 19, 2015, 01:44:10 AM »

Progressive Canadian, I can appreciate that you like Sanders and such, but the version of events you are trying to sell isn't even close to reality. I urge you to go to the Bloomberg article on the breach and read what actually happened.

Lol its like reading an article from hillary herself no im not going to trust bloomberg.

Did you read the log of the Sanders' campaign staff stealing data from Clinton's campaign?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: December 19, 2015, 01:49:37 AM »

Did you read the log of the Sanders' campaign staff stealing data from Clinton's campaign?

Clinton made it up.
Trapsy

« Reply #367 on: December 19, 2015, 01:52:42 AM »

bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #368 on: December 19, 2015, 01:57:44 AM »

Explain this Sanders hacks!!!

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/12/18/merged_document.pdf
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #369 on: December 19, 2015, 01:57:57 AM »

I'm thinking the Atlas forum should chip in to buy jfern a new keyboard.  The poor thing must be a total wreck after this thread.

Or maybe we wait til after Hillary is already the nominee?  No use buying something new only to see it get run into the ground again in only a couple months.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #370 on: December 19, 2015, 03:12:23 AM »

The DNC heeled right before a scheduled 11pm meeting with a judge. Bernie wasn't messing around. The DNC would probably have locked him out of his own data for months if he hadn't gotten federal judges who would be very interested in the internal workings of the DNC and how cozy they are with the Hillary campaign. DWS didn't heel for any reason but self preservation. This will not be forgotten nor forgiven.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/bernie-sanders-presidential-campaign-sues-dnc-over-clinton-data-breach-n482941
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #371 on: December 19, 2015, 03:17:45 AM »

Here's some damning evidence, but based on some of the performances in this thread, some people will just close their eyes and try to drown it out.

It sounds like the data was never actually viewed, just saved elsewhere on the system. The DNC and Hillary campaign really blew this out of proportion.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #372 on: December 19, 2015, 03:22:16 AM »

Yeah, the reckless, slimy pro-Hilldog forces make it sound as if this thing is anything near as serious as the Hilldog E-mails, which were actually a pretty serious matter ...
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #373 on: December 19, 2015, 03:36:36 AM »

Here's some damning evidence, but based on some of the performances in this thread, some people will just close their eyes and try to drown it out.

It sounds like the data was never actually viewed, just saved elsewhere on the system. The DNC and Hillary campaign really blew this out of proportion.

bruh
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #374 on: December 19, 2015, 03:44:10 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2015, 03:48:21 AM by Grad Students are the Worst »

Searching by data in VAN produces the results of that search -- in other words, it's viewing the data.

Those logs are completely consistent with intentionally accessing and saving the data.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies