DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:23:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
Author Topic: DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data  (Read 41530 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2015, 05:27:08 PM »

You aren't in the party. And despite your ridiculous assertions, Clinton has ridiculously high favorability ratings among Democrats. There is no evidence that she will have any trouble getting their votes.

I'm not a registered Democrat, though politically lean left and regularly vote Dem when I'm not voting Green. As an IT professional, this is the kind of corrupt shenanigans that makes me think Clinton would be no better than Trump or any of the Republican clowns and makes it easier to just say " F*** it" when it comes to the top of the ticket.

And how many left-leaning I's need to give Clinton the middle finger next November before she loses CO?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2015, 05:27:47 PM »

This, rather obviously, has left a very sour taste in my mouth today. For anyone who thinks I'm just your standard Bernie hack, you can ask jfern above about what I've had to say in the past about both Sanders and his weak supporters.

If Sanders' data is held hostage for any amount of time that reasonably approaches the primaries - let alone until the commencement of the primaries - then Sanders needs to drop out of contesting the Democratic primary, declare third-party, and royally rat-fyck the Democratic Party into oblivion next year. All it'll take is a couple of points; he'll have the necessary support. After all, what other choice is the Democratic Party giving him? He has enough money and support to continue running a third-party challenge and to buy independent access to the voter file.

If this continues and results in Sanders doing the above, then I will resign my formal position with the Democratic Party and work my ass off to ensure I divert as much of the vote as possible to Sanders as I can. If this is the part where you tell me "but Adam, don't you know that doing that will"-- yes, a generation of continued conservative Supreme Court rule? A solidly-Republican Senate? Repeal of any recent progressive legislation? A new dark age of conservatism? Yes, I know. It's been my role for years now to tell people the very same thing and to prevent fracturing while selling them on a party that's spineless and offers them pretty much nothing other than "but they're worse!". I just don't give a fyck anymore - I've had it.

If that s[inks]t-head at the top of the party gets her way on this and there isn't a massive backlash in response, then the incompetent, bickering, impotent "left" in this country deserves to get its ass pounded into the sand.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2015, 05:30:51 PM »

That time AdamGriffin became a PUMA.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2015, 05:30:58 PM »

You aren't in the party. And despite your ridiculous assertions, Clinton has ridiculously high favorability ratings among Democrats. There is no evidence that she will have any trouble getting their votes.

I'm a registered Democrat, but that will most likely be changing soon. I'm sure this will hurt her ability to get votes.

I'm sure you will be joining the Trump campaign when Bernie loses the nomination.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2015, 05:34:46 PM »

You aren't in the party. And despite your ridiculous assertions, Clinton has ridiculously high favorability ratings among Democrats. There is no evidence that she will have any trouble getting their votes.

I'm a registered Democrat, but that will most likely be changing soon. I'm sure this will hurt her ability to get votes.

I'm sure you will be joining the Trump campaign when Bernie loses the nomination.

At least Trump supports single payer.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »

The first two letters of that acronym can't apply when an actual primary wasn't allowed to happen in the first place*.

*"But they let him run fair and square for the first half of it, at least!"
Zache

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2015, 05:36:11 PM »

At least Trump supports single payer.

Fifteen years ago.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2015, 05:37:53 PM »

The chutzpah of Sanders hacks just amazes me.  They get caught stealing and they're incensed when they get asked to empty their pockets. 

If you didn't want an investigation into stealing data, guess what? Don't steal data!
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2015, 05:39:54 PM »

The first two letters of that acronym can't apply when an actual primary wasn't allowed to happen in the first place*.

The 2008 primary wasn't democratic at all either. The candidate who got the most votes lost due to delegates from Michigan and Florida being barred from the convention. It's naive to think that the Democratic primary process was designed to produce a Democratic outcome as opposed to produce who the party wants as the nominee for the general election.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2015, 05:42:14 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-democrats-sanders-clinton-data-20151218-story.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2015, 05:45:12 PM »

Embarrassing. Just admit responsibility, fire those involved, and work with the DNC to move forward. Sanders can't win on policy or ideas, so he resorts to this.
Trapsy

« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2015, 05:45:44 PM »

Debates are gonna be fire tomorrow night.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2015, 05:47:45 PM »

The 2008 primary wasn't democratic at all either. The candidate who got the most votes lost due to delegates from Michigan and Florida being barred from the convention. It's naive to think that the Democratic primary process was designed to produce a Democratic outcome as opposed to produce who the party wants as the nominee for the general election.

Yes, I remember: I supported/voted for Hillary then. However, one campaign didn't have its entire ability to reach out to voters, manage volunteers and do virtually all of the day-to-day campaign tasks taken away from it and put on completely unequal footing. This is above and beyond that. Not a single vote has been cast yet, but the Sanders campaign has been placed in a far worse situation in December 2015 than Clinton was in in December 2007.  The DNC has single-handedly neutered the Sanders campaign in all 50 states.

At the end of the day, the establishment did endorse who won the most delegates, and contrary to what you're suggesting, the establishment was much more in Clinton's pocket even in December 2007 when the disqualification occurred. They ultimately moved to Obama as the inevitable math suggested he would win.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2015, 05:48:00 PM »

I wonder if Hillary will say "I don't give a damn about your damn hacking!"
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2015, 05:51:04 PM »

Griffin, I really don't think the DNC will lock Sanders out for a protracted period of time. I know that every hour his campaign doesn't have access does damage, but they brought this on themselves by knowingly accessing and downloading data they knew they should not use. I doubt this is going to turn into a protracted legal battle, though even if it did, I'm not sure what ground Sanders has to stand on considering his campaign likely violated the terms and conditions that they agreed to upon purchasing access to Votebuilder.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2015, 05:51:59 PM »

I wonder if Hillary will say "I don't give a damn about your damn hacking!"

Was thinking this exact thing earlier today.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2015, 05:54:52 PM »

You're wrong on a few points.

Obama beat Hillary in the popular vote in states where they were both on the ballot.

Florida and Michigan were ultimately given full slates.

Hillary didn't complain at all when they were sanctioned, only asking the DNC to change its rules months later once she started losing to Obama. Despite this being absurd and unfair to the Obama campaign, the DNC held a hearing on it.

Hillary's strategy was to win the nomination using super delegates which weren't determined by any election.

---

Everyone knows the game is rigged here. Hillary's campaign lobbied for few debates scheduled when few would watch them and the DNC obliged. No one serious believes her campaign would be punished similarly if the situation were reversed. The DNC is in the tank for her. The game is rigged and it confirms Sanders's message

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2015, 05:59:01 PM »

Everyone knows the game is rigged here. Hillary's campaign lobbied for few debates scheduled when few would watch them and the DNC obliged. No one serious believes her campaign would be punished similarly if the situation were reversed. The DNC is in the tank for her. The game is rigged and it confirms Sanders's message
I know the backlash against Clinton if her campaign was the one stealing data would be much, much worse.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2015, 06:00:48 PM »

Embarrassing. Just admit responsibility, fire those involved, and work with the DNC to move forward. Sanders can't win on policy or ideas, so he resorts to this.

Indeed, this is actually really disappointing to me. It's becoming clear that I made the right decision when I stopped backing Sanders earlier this year.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2015, 06:02:41 PM »

Wow, Bernie should really man up and drop out now.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #195 on: December 18, 2015, 06:02:50 PM »

I know the backlash against Clinton if her campaign was the one stealing data would be much, much worse.

Not form the DNC it wouldn't. They would do her whatever favor they could get away with.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2015, 06:05:45 PM »

In a Clinton v. Trump contest, how many of the Atlas's dedicated Berniebots will mysteriously become Trump supporters?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »

To anyone who thinks the DNC is going to follow any sort of reasonable timetable here: forget it. DWS has spent the whole year deliberately making sure Bernie isn't nominated. It's either Sanders sues them to force them to resolve this quickly, or this "independent investigation" lasts until at least Super Tuesday.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2015, 06:08:14 PM »

The case has been filed in DC district court.

http://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000151-b72f-d1ae-add5-f76f14db0001

You aren't in the party. And despite your ridiculous assertions, Clinton has ridiculously high favorability ratings among Democrats. There is no evidence that she will have any trouble getting their votes.

I'd vote Jill Stein if he doesn't get the nomination.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2015, 06:10:07 PM »

Seriously. why do any of you care about the Democratic nomination? The result is more predictable than an election in North Korea.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies